Is anyone running the wiki anymore?

Discussion in 'CoC Questions & Answers' started by Malidica, May 1, 2020.

1. Malidica

Malidica Well-Known Member

There's tonnes of spam pages that have been added, i thought they were a temporary thing but the same ones are still there from when i first played CoC 3 months ago.

2. Savin

Savin Master Analmander
    Staff Member

No, not really. Game's been done for half a decade. Please report specific spam pages because otherwise nobody's going to go checking for them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Malidica likes this.
  3. Malidica

Hmmm, might be worth locking the wiki down on new page creations, maybe leave current pages open for editing but no new ones without approval. Also, i can't find a report button or link.

4. Libelous

Libelous Well-Known Member

Account Creations are disabled for smutosaur, however the bots that remain in the coc wiki are still active or havent been banned since no one maintains it, occasionally someone adds/edits the current info. Current someone by the name of Difficult2Register, had been poking around april but thats about it i think

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Malidica

6. Libelous

Libelous Well-Known Member

As I said,
    Admins can delete pages and ban accounts

7. Malidica

Hmmm, so no admins maintain it, no admins to remove them. Blech, oh well, guess it's a lost cause.

8. Kesil

Kesil Well-Known Member

It shouldn't be. Once cleaned, it could be leisurely completed and checked once per day to remove any vandalism and spam.

9. Malidica

Well, these spam pages span back months and none of them have been removed, so it seems no admins are looking over it or banning the spam bots.

10. Kesil

Kesil Well-Known Member

Bots can be used to mass deletion on wikis and such.

11. Malidica

Ok, but that's not be done, i don't have answer Kesil, that's what this thread was for, apparently no one has permissions to delete the pages or ban the bots, their pages have been up for months and nothings been done, apparently nothing can be done. I'd love it if it could, but it seems it will never be. Thread's sort of over given that.

12. Fatefulbrawl

Fatefulbrawl Well-Known Member

Hey are you a member of or know the team that made the COC game, cause I have a question about the verse as a whole.

13. Savin

Savin Master Analmander
    Staff Member

That would be Fenoxo you're looking for.

14. Fatefulbrawl

Fatefulbrawl Well-Known Member

15. HiroFaell

HiroFaell Member

The game is considered done, despite many things being left unfinished and unimplemented?

16. Balaknightfang

Balaknightfang Well-Known Member

17. HiroFaell

HiroFaell Member

That's honestly more than a little disappointing.

18. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

All the unfinished stuff is mostly because the authors of those loose-ended content/characters had fucked off before finishing them, bit off more than one could chew. The STORY as a whole's as finished as it's gonna get with that.

sumgai, Savin and Kesil like this.
  19. HiroFaell

HiroFaell Member

The story is, I agree, but most of the other content isn't.

I honestly hope they'll unshelf CoC1, and work on it again, even if those content-creators don't plan on working on it.

20. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

"The rest" is never being worked on. Accept that the official game is as finished as it can be and dead.

sumgai, Kesil and Savin like this.
  21. Savin

Savin Master Analmander
    Staff Member

We aren't even unshelving CoC1 to make it work on modern AndroidOS. It's never being worked on again.

sumgai and Malidica like this.