Interaction for races

TheGSone

Apr 16, 2020
Are lupines the race with most interactions based on their race?
If you are lupine, you can have a special sex scene with Gwyn, a special sex scene with Kiyoko, Hretha praises your knot (maybe this only requires having a knot, and is not dependant on being lupine), and even in not sexual situations, you can actually help Kinu look for mushrooms.
I know if you are Orc, Garth has some changes in dialog when taking about the Kervus camp, but i never took an Orc champ very far.
Elves have that marefolk in southern Harvest Valley, and catfolk and humans i don't know, but i would like to know.

If anyone knows more interactions, please share them.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
There are lots of interactions in the game that make use of the [pc.ora] parser but they tend to be harder to spot as contextual writing unless you're specifically looking for them because they generally don't alter the flow of a scene dramatically and are subtle in how they weave the detail in. Catfolk for example will get a more specific reaction from Cait than any other starting race during the tutorial, orc Champs have a couple of alterations to the warcamp infiltration (some subtle, some much bigger), wyld elves react differently to some of Ryn's dialogue about being half-sexed etc. etc. I can't think of as much gated content for any other starting race as there is for lupines offhand but there's tons of interactions and you'd need to go through the entire code with a fine-toothed comb (or play the game through multiple times and pay real close attention) to find them all.

Oh, and once you throw in the soulbinding option that adds a whole new dimension to racial interactions because pretty much every floof will react very obviously if you become one yourself and there's content specifically gated behind that transformation along with a couple powers. One can safely assume that the reactions of the boer'alvar and 'manders will work similarly once valkyrie/gothmander TFs are in the game.

Reactions: Shanghai_Hourai

TheGSone

Apr 16, 2020
I can't think of as much gated content for any other starting race as there is for lupines offhand
That gated content is what stops me from playing as anything else than lupine. As much as i love Kiyoko, i can't give up the "play tag" scene.
Also, i wonder if there is unique texts for non-starter races, like salamanders. Like, Lyric should be very warm and cozy if i was a firemander, but not so much as a frostmander

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
The parser does have options to react to non-starting races but I'm not the best person to ask about variations for those because aside from playing around with the kitsune TF, my only Champ who's sufficiently TFed to not be a starting race is one cowgirl and I haven't been looking terribly hard for writing variations related to race. Odds are I've glossed over at least one without realizing it.

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
The thought of race checks in the abyss equally is exciting and terrifying at the same time. Thankfully I don't think there are any.