Increasing Willpower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amy5

Nov 9, 2015
As the title says, I am looking for ways that would increase one's Willpower, but w/o using the points gained from Leveling up.

One can "easily" increase all the other stats permanently, with out items, through: Semith (INT), Syri (INT), Arbetz Travel Agency (PHY), TenTon Gym (PHY, REF, AIM). But there is not a way, that i know of for Willpower.

Is there a way to increase Willpower like above?

I know that one can use items that would increase it, or save editing, but would rather not.

EDIT: added Semith to the list

Last edited by a moderator:

Amy5

Nov 9, 2015
NO! T_T

Thank you for the quick reply. I kinda hope they do add one in the game eventually though.  In the mean time i guess ill just use my stored points then to cap out.

irioth

May 12, 2016
As the title says, I am looking for ways that would increase one's Willpower, but w/o using the points gained from Leveling up.

One can "easily" increase all the other stats permanently, with out items, through: Syri (INT), Arbetz Travel Agency (PHY), TenTon Gym (PHY, REF, AIM). But there is not a way, that i know of for Willpower.

Is there a way to increase Willpower like above?

I know that one can use items that would increase it, or save editing, but would rather not.

IIRC, you can also raise INT by playing chess with the scorpion-tailed dude.

Amy5

Nov 9, 2015
Darn it! i forgot about that one, but i think that one is less efficient than Syri's book talk

irioth

May 12, 2016
Darn it! i forgot about that one, but i think that one is less efficient than Syri's book talk

I suppose so, but I've been able to use him with no difficulty, while I never managed to unlock Syri's supposed book talk. Perhaps because Syri won't talk about literature to bimbos/brutes, even if they actually have high INT ? The wiki is silent on the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I suppose so, but I've been able to use him with no difficulty, while I never managed to unlock Syri's supposed book talk. Perhaps because Syri won't talk about literature to bimbos/brutes, even if they actually have high INT ? The wiki is silent on the issue.

Nope, her 4 talks are just looped.

Amy5

Nov 9, 2015
So how do you actually unlock the INT-raising option ? I'm just curious at this point.

To unlock Syri's Talking options (including the book option), during the afternoon and evening times on Mhen'ga, go to Burt's Badass Mead Hall, and challenge Syri to a couple of games, until you get the option to "Bet Yourself" and do not shy away from her advances. Win/lose during the mornings afterwards, you will be able to talk to her as much as long as you want, so long as you do not stop talking to her; and, I think, agree to be friends with her.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
NO! T_T

Thank you for the quick reply. I kinda hope they do add one in the game eventually though.  In the mean time i guess ill just use my stored points then to cap out.

As long we not have many cases of psionic ingame it would be weird to add option to rise willpower. Not get me wrong it's jsut now we got to few cases when willpower matter much. Maybe some future TF item for psionic active race would be some way to rise your willpower.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Thank you for reminding me of this. Changed Storm Lancer's sparring routine to increase your willpower, rather than reflexes.

Won't be a popular option given what you've got to do to get it, but it will be A method at least.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Given it would probaly for some time ONLY way to increase willpower aside spending lvl-up points it may cause some poeple to go for it NS.

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
Will-power doesn't really do much anyway, and if its above 5 your probably safe. 

Gamepapa

Apr 18, 2016
Hell
Venus pitcher get you at 5. I say 10 at least. 

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
Willpower is only really needed when you have to confront Lane, though I think that check was poorly written in and had no context, imo.

hawke56

Jan 1, 2016
Willpower is only really needed when you have to confront Lane, though I think that check was poorly written in and had no context, imo.

But you don't even "have" to confront Lane. You can just ignore her/him after breaking her/his mind control and be fine. So yeah, as it is right now, willpower is a completly useless stat.

hawke56

Jan 1, 2016
But...but free money?

Yeah but those 200 credits a day are also completely worthless because

1) I most likely get more from beating up a single grey goo.

2) 200 is so little that you'd have to wait for weeks to buy anything but the cheapest crap avaiable in the game. And if I want to buy something expensive I'd rather go farm gray goo  instead of enldessly spam rest/sleep until I have enough money from Lane.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Will-power doesn't really do much anyway, and if its above 5 your probably safe. 

We will see after psionic get more content ingame if willpower would be still really minor and unneeded stat aside avoiding Lane and VP or EVP.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Psionics when?! Maybe next year after ship stuff is well established.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Maybe still end of this year...unless ships are sloted to come at next year ^^

Irrlicht

Oct 31, 2017
Well, see it positive: It took 10 Months to derail the thread!

But good to know how to superhuman-train our steeles...

Reactions: XBoxMaster131
Status
Not open for further replies.