Importing Post-Game Save from COC 1

O

Ossa

First off, apologies if this has already been addressed; I looked around as best as I could, and found only partial answers at best, so I thought I'd go ahead and ask for the sake of clarification.

As-is, you're able to export a save at game-end of CoC1, which we'll be able to import into CoC2 to determine a few things. I have two questions relating to this, having just done so.

Firstly, I have my save handy, but can't find a way to import it into CoC 2 at the moment; starting a new game, for instance, merely kicks me off at the start, and talks about a female champion going on a one-woman crusade and et cetera. Attempting to load the file as if it were a CoC2 save does nothing. Is it actually currently an option to import, or is this something that'll be addressed come a proper release? I'm aware it's basically a demo, at the moment.

If there -is- a way to import a save...well, how? Sorry if it's something obvious, it might have just slipped my attention.

Secondly, what precisely is it that'll be carried over? I'm aware that there'll be very few - if any - actual appearances from CoC characters, with the notable exception of Taoth. Him and the Ending Choices from CoC1 are what I am aware will be referenced in CoC2, and even influence things to an extent. And also obviously the champion's gender and et cetera. But otherwise, what'll change depending on the save?

Thanks, and again, sorry if these questions have already been answered.

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
You can't import yet.

IIRC the only things that importing will effect is the history of the fabled champion and Taoth. So, Kasyrra might reference the ending from the save you imported, or the champion may be male instead of female, etc.

Colourless

Aug 29, 2015
Once the import function will be implemented will there be an option to import on an existing save file or will we have to start a new game to use it?