[Implemented!] "Pickmentation", a skin color TF.

Night Trap

Scientist
Creator
Oct 31, 2016
After a conversation in Discord, I decided I'd throw my hat in the TF ring with a precision TF that also gives you something new: pigmentation such as freckles or stripes. "Pickmentation" will let you change your skin or scale color, and add "natural" patterns to your face and/or body. It's in, but Fen said the patterns would be too complicated. Face freckles should still be a thing, but that's the only pigment effect that will make its way into the game.

I'm sure I fucked up just about everything in here, and I don't know if I need a more unique application dialogue for face and body, as well as color and patterns. I also don't know for sure about the price or the vendor currently. Editing is almost certainly desperately needed, as I've never done a TF before, so thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited:

Lkynmbr24

Creator
Oct 30, 2016
:yes: No more save scumming on rainbowtox transformatives! Please let it be a thing! Also would be nice to have a freckled Steele.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
First of all, thanks for making this :D
Secondly, you're going to need to add appearance descriptions for non existing flags.

Reactions: eveoflife

Night Trap

Scientist
Creator
Oct 31, 2016
First of all, thanks for making this :D
Secondly, you're going to need to add appearance descriptions for non existing flags.
Oh yeah, I definitely know what you're talking about. I certainly did not make this TF without thinking about that or even knowing that I needed to do that. How stupid would I have to be to not think about that?

I don't really know how to do that. I'll go check Gedan's document on how to not be terrible right now.

shadefalcon

Oct 13, 2015
I borrowed this from the shark bite TF
Body Markings

output2("You have + ")

{

if(target.perk == stripes) output2("" + target.skinAccent + " stripes running all across your body, your back, arms, legs and tail having the most prominent markings.")

else if(target.perk == spots) output2("" + target.skinAccent + " spots dotting every part of your body, your back, arms, legs and tail having the most prominent markings.")

else if(target.perk == frontal blotch) output2("an off color blotch on the frontal part of your body, covering your chin, [pc.chest], belly and inner thighs in " + target.skinAccent + ". }

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Aww shit yes precision tuning TFs so I have to savescum less are the best.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Yeah anything that cuts down on the need to save scum is a very welcome addition to the game in my book.

Last edited:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Perhaps skin type markings like freckled could require skin and fur type marking like stripes could require skinfurscales to not be skin? Also, more fur type marking and especially scale type markings would be nice.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Perhaps skin type markings like freckled could require skin and fur type marking like stripes could require skinfurscales to not be skin? Also, more fur type marking and especially scale type markings would be nice.
Well some folks might want striped skin so it might be best not to limit stripes to fur. Although if the fur flag is present it might be better to describe the fur as dappled instead of freckled.

Night Trap

Scientist
Creator
Oct 31, 2016
Well some folks might want striped skin so it might be best not to limit stripes to fur. Although if the fur flag is present it might be better to describe the fur as dappled instead of freckled.
Fur can't have freckles in this TF. Dappled is like the spots on a leopard. I probably got overly granular, but that's sort of what a precision TF is for, right?

I've added piebald now. It's supposed to be like the splotches of color on a cow or horse. I have no idea what more I need to do for this to be submission ready.

Night Trap

Scientist
Creator
Oct 31, 2016
Welp, this TF is finally being implemented. I didn't know when I made it how complicated adding patterns to the body would be. Fen said he will try to make face freckles a thing in the TF, so hopefully we still get that since that was the whole reason I created this item in the first place.

I don't want anybody to be too disappointed or hold anything against Fen. I've learned since making this item that adding the patterns to the body would be a fairly complicated procedure, so please be understanding with this decision. Hope you all enjoy this item regardless! No more save scumming with Rainbowtox!