[Implemented] Ovinium - A sheep TF item

GothPastel

Scientist
Creator
Jan 6, 2017
Where the crows are.
Look, sheep people are absolutely adorable and I was disappointed to find there wasn't already a TF in the game - so I had a go at writing my own.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LUxr8E4qTzy3KeVHd0a0AISNiE9crfA_JElWt08Wdac/edit
I think I've covered about anything I wanted to, but I'd love help with checking over the parsers!
Also, if Ceria's author can give me permission, I'd love to whip up the quick shearing scene I mentioned in there.

Reactions: Ormael

SoAndSo

Scientist
Creator
Mar 26, 2017

GothPastel

Scientist
Creator
Jan 6, 2017
Where the crows are.
Reactions: SoAndSo

SoAndSo

Scientist
Creator
Mar 26, 2017
Ah, shit, I didn't realise. I've actually been working on this for a few weeks now but I didn't want to post it until it was mostly done...
Well, I aint taking this down, so I guess if @SheepPun wants to collab and merge our projects that could work?

I was going to suggest so, actually. Looking it over, there's definitely some things your separate ideas could merge together.

SheepPun

Apr 30, 2016
/shakes fist
curses!

In all seriousness I do like what I see! And I did see the message you sent me!

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Hmm fist...so that mean Bro/Bimbo Fist? xD

Good that sheep tf will be made with you both (I hope) shared efforts. White fluffy lambs ^^

SheepPun

Apr 30, 2016
A quick bump to this thread since, at least I think, the tf is almost finished.
Specifically I'd love some feedback on the appearance blurbs because I feel like I forgot/didn't take account for some things

GothPastel

Scientist
Creator
Jan 6, 2017
Where the crows are.
Yeah, pretty sure we're about wrapped up here.

I wanna ask @Couch if he's fine with me borrowing Ceria (I think she's his?) to write up shearing scenes to remove the wool etc., but that I can do separately to the TF itself, so no need to hold it back for just that.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Be a bit conservative with the "description" blurb--the description is supposed to be a single short-sentence extension of the "long name" and is frequently used in shop lists, so you don't want to the player to read an entire paragraph to describe one item in a list of items. You can probably rewrite the sentence to fit better. Also try to keep tooltip blurbs short as well (not that it looks to be an issue for your item in particular, but just in general--you don't want the tooltip to show up looking like the Void Plate Armor tooltip...). If you want to write something very lengthy for the item, I would suggest making it a codex entry.

Also, keep in mind that the spelling standard used for non-dialogue text is supposed to be U.S. English!

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Yeah, pretty sure we're about wrapped up here.

I wanna ask @Couch if he's fine with me borrowing Ceria (I think she's his?) to write up shearing scenes to remove the wool etc., but that I can do separately to the TF itself, so no need to hold it back for just that.
Go ahead. Just ping me when you're done so I can review them if you don't mind.

GothPastel

Scientist
Creator
Jan 6, 2017
Where the crows are.
Be a bit conservative with the "description" blurb--the description is supposed to be a single short-sentence extension of the "long name" and is frequently used in shop lists, so you don't want to the player to read an entire paragraph to describe one item in a list of items. You can probably rewrite the sentence to fit better. Also try to keep tooltip blurbs short as well (not that it looks to be an issue for your item in particular, but just in general--you don't want the tooltip to show up looking like the Void Plate Armor tooltip...). If you want to write something very lengthy for the item, I would suggest making it a codex entry.
I'll work on the description a bit when I get back home tonight, thanks for the heads up!

Also, keep in mind that the spelling standard used for non-dialogue text is supposed to be U.S. English!
Damn me and my British English ^^; I'll see what I can fix.