image pack and the .swf issue win 10

Fireball

Aug 12, 2018
so I downloaded the image pack and I cant run it. I do have a SWF file player, adobe flash itself. but its attached to Microsoft edge because that's just how windows is. I cant download extra SWF file players because that makes my computer have to completely reset back to a backup state, so..... is there a way to fix this or maybe a future plan to make it not .swf? either would work.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
As someone who used to be adamant about using .swf version, give it up and move onto AIR version. I'm not a patreon user, got in before that, so I apologize if there isn't an AIR version with the image pack.

Fireball

Aug 12, 2018
As someone who used to be adamant about using .swf version, give it up and move onto AIR version. I'm not a patreon user, got in before that, so I apologize if there isn't an AIR version with the image pack.
I use the air version normally but I wanted to play the image pack version

Mister Gregar

Dec 8, 2016
I cant download extra SWF file players because that makes my computer have to completely reset back to a backup state

...What? How? The standalone player shouldn't have that happen at all. You have malware or something?

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
If you regularly have to reset to a backup state, you probably have an issue with a corrupt sector on you HDD or a faulty RAM stick. I'm guessing the restore points are frequently the result of the blue screen of death. I would recommend looking up how to run diagnostics on said issues if this is the case because it will get worse.

Reactions: Charm
Have you tried Adobe's standalone flash player as described in this post?
https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/how-to-get-adobes-standalone-flash-player.15794/

Stand alone flash projector simply works. Screw Firefox and Edge/MSIE work arounds.

If you regularly have to reset to a backup state, you probably have an issue with a corrupt sector on you HDD or a faulty RAM stick. I'm guessing the restore points are frequently the result of the blue screen of death. I would recommend looking up how to run diagnostics on said issues if this is the case because it will get worse.

True that and +1. Faulty computer hardware will be simply your death. The image pack version of TiTS needs a half gig of space on your hdd, let alone active memory to operate.

Use Microsoft's ram test, or a copy of MemTestx86 to blast your ram and see if there is a fault there. If your primary computer is that unstable, burning it to disc or a bootable flash drive from another machine, friend's loaner or a library system will get you what you need.

If it passes, consider an in place Windows install/upgrade to replenish system and o/s files without losing your logins/apps, etc.

Otherwise, I use stand alone Flash Projector on Windows-x professional, latest build, 100% Adrenaline - Zero fucking defects. ^.^