If you could choose music for CoC...

Stickler

Sep 20, 2015
I haven't seen any forums suggesting this - I'm hoping I'm not breaking a rule by doing this.

Basically, if you could choose a song or a music piece to go along with a character/scene/setting, what would you choose?

I'll see about starting:

Raphael: Without a doubt, the campaign map themes from Napoleon TW's Peninsular soundtrack suit Raphael like a glove. I loved opening these in a separate tab while reading over his interactions.

The Drider: The "Sniper Town" theme from the original (<2008) MoH games suits this one best, I think - especially in the introduction where the player character gets lured in - being confronted by a creature that has ultimately evolved to ambush you.

The Doppelganger: Something about this antagonist really unnerved me more than the others - the very frontal, urgent feeling of panic that your character is on the verge of having their true identity wiped from existence. Can't really put my finger on it, but I think this one does it well.

Fighting Vapula's army in the pit: Really, one guy/girl/herm/asexual/polymorphic/gender-fluid/etc. individual wearing nothing but a chain around their ankle, armed with nothing but their bare hands, taking down a massive horde of imps in hand-to-hand combat. (or hand-to-gland, as it could be). This theme suits it fine.

Confronting the "Rude King" of the Basilisks: Basilisk King Jean-Claude was definitely a memorable character - everything from the allusions to French Monarchical arrogance, his character description, dialogue, and especially the duel scene. The heavy bass notes of PVKII's soundtrack popped into my head during the fight sequence.

Lumi's LabReally, I could've gone with Professor E. Gadd's theme from the Mario games, but that's a low-hanging fruit.

So, what are your thoughts on this? I'm sure some of you at least have thought of a theme that would go with your favourite character, or if you disagree with my choices, feel free to post your own - I'm eager to hear what sort of music this community listens to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I remember there was at least a thread on the old forum about that, so I reckon you're not breaking any rules.

tygabeast

Oct 8, 2015
One song that I feel would make a good theme for a few NPCs, Loppe and Urta especially, is 'Easy Lover' by Phil Collins. Just a feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sly214

Oct 8, 2015
If I could choose music for CoC I would turn the sound off.

That's no fun.

I like to play the usual "Adventure" type music, tracks from Skyrim, LoTR, and similar. I haven't really done much to look around for specific tracks for specific characters. Honestly, though, I'd probably choose to compose entirely original music.

Fisto

Aug 26, 2015
That's no fun.

I like to play the usual "Adventure" type music, tracks from Skyrim, LoTR, and similar. I haven't really done much to look around for specific tracks for specific characters. Honestly, though, I'd probably choose to compose entirely original music.

That acc pic, good thing I changed when i did :3

My old one

3434788_90x90.gif