[Idea Revival] Sou'jure: City of Corruption

What do you think?

• Total voters

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Hello everyone, it has been a long time since I've been here and i see we don't have our idea section anymore. That being said, quite a few people have contacted me over the years regarding my authored expansion project that i previously worked on back in ... 2013? Anyway ...

Reason i brought back my precious expansion project was to share my Offline Document I've worked so hard to do that i had promised alot of people that i would deliver what they wanted and to really show my appreciation for all the love and support my friends and partners put into this project! Seeing the letter in my inbox made me thankful for the opportunity to crawl out of my shell and work on something that made me happy to do. As much as it pains me to say: the whole expansion is incomplete.

"But what do you have, then?" you may ask.

Well, I have over 230 pages of Master Doc for this project alone plus the separate one i haven't added to the Template.

Here is the Master Document
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15XFpSoRqckEKgsu0VOINahXQRvoTo20Qp2UMcDOQ0oY/edit?usp=sharing

Here is the Main Template:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vCmc8qhqY1iItMyXoT81sHR-id7bU4R73sXYdU_8G5E/edit?usp=sharing

There is two things i have to mention, all of this is done by all me except where the names of the people are stated in the Template and Master Document. I can't forget the editors as well, they did a wonderful job keeping me on my toes which I will make available after a stroll through memory lane.

If some of the sections are missing like "Auction House" or "Mausoleum" are missing, there is a big chance i have separate documents somewhere on my hard drive and will have to sort through seven years of files to find the right groups of documents as i am a cluster fuck of disorganized mess. But do tell me what you think of it all.

In the mean time, if this section is approved for me to do so in, I will update the links to other parts of the project that i never had the chance to organize into the Main Template.

Again, while i may not have finished the project in time before CoC finished and can no longer get implemented, there is always the Revamp Mod community. As such, I welcome everyone to the Forums and to my little pet project I've been hiding all these years. I apologize to the people i made promises to to get this finished in time but circumstances forced my hand and had no choice in the matter.

If you have any questions of anything regarding my work (No Grammer Complaints!) either what was planned and what was the backstory on some of the characters, please let me know. I would love to hear people's thoughts about this project as it has been a long time since it ever saw the light of day (poor thing!)

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
It's been a while indeed. Don't feel sorry - I am neither the one writing rules here nor someone with moving powers :p

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
I found the following documents for:

- Auction House: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hoMLXcCnfaJnzIXkOjb1Yh6DSsd1KWw0c59yTyZ7dzM/edit?usp=sharing
- Slave District: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1i6Zmx-l6urgzEMxKGmdptDYP6-uzcVFoMEMYsbIi7P4/edit?usp=sharing

I think these two are the same or got mixed into the District file. I don't go to auctions so i confused the word "Bet" with "Bid" ... yes, i know i am a moron.

- Cementary & Catacombs: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RzNRKRhQYFIYOqPexWyPFiC1uOMfa8x0-AZ-19HdGmQ/edit?usp=sharing

I had fun writing the Catacombs :) my favorite part is most definitely Gowl, the Dungeon Boss at the end of it. Think of Goo Girls but it's a guy with wick control of his black goo tentacles, his core is the prize you really really want but the fight is like Urta's fertility quest. I intended Gowl to be your first opponent before you fight your way out of the Catacombs' second level with Shades, Liches and a Thief whose eye you stole (if you did).

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Found the NPCs and their Shops in the following document, uploaded to GDoc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mUXwo2hH9rJXLRR9BnA2wZW3hh_dH4uEu3mhtbJHPMw/edit?usp=sharing

I never got around to adding these guys in their entirety and the Bazaar content i had on the Under New Management expansion were moved to the Sou'jure project such as Cream and Hash's Coffee Shop and Guinevere's Tattoo Shop. Once the shops were inside, the Followers and Lovers would be added in as part of my Quests then it was a matter of editing and grammar fixings before the project was done. If I recall, the last part of the project would be The Nether (the mines spiraling out of the Mountain) which would have been the real main entrance to Sou'jure and the backdoor being in the Town Ruins.

If anyone has ever played Fallout 3's The Pitt DLC will know exactly the feeling i was going for this. The Nether is a Gulag, or prisoners working inhumane hours under extreme conditions, where the working population is on the ground and the "supervisors" are in the walls of the caverns and skyway bridges between areas. I have no clue what i was think of doing here but i'm pretty sure this would involve sneaking through the Nether to reach the City instead of the Town Ruins (using the Orc Band). Between the ways to establish this, i was more concerned about building the city than i was on how to get there.

ThatOneJester

Nov 14, 2015
Looks great.
I look forward to your contribution to an already amazing game~

Reactions: Grimoire

dragonboy888

Jan 22, 2016
Oh man! I remember reading this back on the old Fenoxo forums years ago! I loved the writing a ton. I'm so glad you posted it again, I was sad when i thought it was gone forever (I also couldn't remember the name, so I couldn't search it up.) Ironically, I was actually thinking of this a few months ago, so stumbling across it makes me happy. I hope the suggestion for this to be added into CoC Revamp Mod is accepted! I wanna see this in-game and play it for myself!

Reactions: Grimoire

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Oh man! I remember reading this back on the old Fenoxo forums years ago! I loved the writing a ton. I'm so glad you posted it again, I was sad when i thought it was gone forever (I also couldn't remember the name, so I couldn't search it up.) Ironically, I was actually thinking of this a few months ago, so stumbling across it makes me happy. I hope the suggestion for this to be added into CoC Revamp Mod is accepted! I wanna see this in-game and play it for myself!

Why thank you! I have been talking to someone about it and they've passed it along and from what i'm told, they'll be working on implementing it soon. If it gets coded in and i had editorial help, I'll definitely be putting this in my tasks to write and continue it as planned from the beginning. It's not gone forever, i just don't have the energy to focus on it with another of my Misfortunes. But i'm still writing although its non-smut related so who knows where i'll be on this project.

True

Sep 13, 2018
Have you joined the CoC Mod Hub Discord? This might get implemented in one of the CoC mods there if you were to share this there.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Have you joined the CoC Mod Hub Discord? This might get implemented in one of the CoC mods there if you were to share this there.

I lurk but not interact. To be fair, this is the first forum I've been on that i joined aside from a few for work. I'm not plugged into Social Media as much as many people have, I'm very minimalist and keep things simple. Besides, if it happens - it happens. They came to me asking for it, so i'm sure they have a plan but aren't ready for it. Project is here for anyone to use so long as i get majority of the credit for the things that are mine and not Draco's, SpicyNinja's or Styx's works.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
This looks promising. Would love to bring it into CoC Revamp at a point!

Everyone should be thanking Muffdiver884 for emailing me asking for it. To be honest, i was fixing to delete it to make it into its own text game but then found his message asking for it to be added into the Revamp Mod, which was getting traction with the old site getting started. I thought. "Let's see where this goes and what happens, it's just gathering dusty and fragmented" and here we are. I;m more surprised people still remember my work after like four years.

NoOneSuspicious

Nov 24, 2018
Four of the docs are protected and can't be copied from. That means if Kitteh wants to add it to Revamp he'll have to type over word for word. The four docs are [Main Template] Suo'jure: City of Corruption, NPCs & Shops, Slave District and Cementary & Catacombs. If you could make them not copy protected you would make it actually addable.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Four of the docs are protected and can't be copied from. That means if Kitteh wants to add it to Revamp he'll have to type over word for word. The four docs are [Main Template] Suo'jure: City of Corruption, NPCs & Shops, Slave District and Cementary & Catacombs. If you could make them not copy protected you would make it actually addable.

Ohhhhh, i'm so sorry. I'm not aware that it was protected. I'll have it unlocked soon. (Once i figure it out)

EDITED: Yay! I figured it out, the files are now unlocked and available for copying and downloading the files at your leisure. Enjoy! :D

Last edited:

NoOneSuspicious

Nov 24, 2018
Ohhhhh, i'm so sorry. I'm not aware that it was protected. I'll have it unlocked soon. (Once i figure it out)

EDITED: Yay! I figured it out, the files are now unlocked and available for copying and downloading the files at your leisure. Enjoy! :D
Thank you very much! This will make it much easier for people to work with it and not constantly having to bother you with it.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
Thank you very much! This will make it much easier for people to work with it and not constantly having to bother you with it.
It's no problem at all. I've edited my Watched Thread feed recently and i wasn't aware someone responded to this thread, otherwise i would have responded to people's query sooner. If You or anyone reading this is having difficulty with anything, please let me know what i can do to help by sending me a DM so that you can get a quicker response as i'm not usually paying attention :p

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com

After some consideration, I have a Discord profile and joined the server. You will find this thread posted in the UEE under the QC and Writer's section of the server directory.