[IDEA] Places of Worship for the One:

F

Freezycream

Heya everyone! :D I don't know if there's a mechanic similar to this in TiTS or if it already perhaps exists, but I had an idea for a new game mechanic in the game! What if on one of the planets Steele unlocks, there exists these locations called churches that, when you enter, you have the option to "Pray" and it decreases your taint and lust amount by a certain percentage? Plus, for a quest, what if Prof. Darnock was trying to place one of these churches in Mhen'ga and it was met with resistance by the natives or other people, and it would be up to us to decide who we should side with?

TheShepard256

1. This isn't the subforum to pitch ideas for others to write; it's for sharing ideas that you're working on yourself.

2. Taint is a biochemical thing, not a spiritual/metaphysical thing like corruption in CoC2. As such, anything short of biochemical manipulation isn't going to remove it; that's part of what Steele's microsurgeons are for (-1 Taint every 3rd day after Steele's most recent Taint gain).

3. Steele is almost certainly not a space-Christian, for the following reasons:
  • Lack of discrimination against galotians, rahn and other protein-feeders (which the Church of the One God claims are physical demons sent to tempt believers)
  • Doesn't seem to follow any dietary laws whatsoever, which would naturally preclude following whichever ones the Church has set in place
  • Generally mod-happy despite the Church's negative stance on genetic modification, and is surprised at finding a believer who goes against that (Walt)
  • Has no qualms about promiscuity, polyamory and open relationships, and the Church is presumably as monogamy-positive as ever (especially given the above discrimination, which is mentioned in relation to galotian's disastrous effects on monogamy)
  • One of the possible Tavros Extrameet matches (SavingGrace) attempts to convert Steele to the Church, which Steele buggers the hell out of
As such, going to church is highly inappropriate for them to do.

4. There's already a quest involving Darnock vs the natives of Mhen'ga (specifically, the zil) where Steele can pick sides. Besides, I'm pretty sure his religious motivations are mainly there for background fluff and maximum parallels with post-medieval European colonialism rather than as the centrepiece of his story.

F

Freezycream

1. This isn't the subforum to pitch ideas for others to write; it's for sharing ideas that you're working on yourself.

2. Taint is a biochemical thing, not a spiritual/metaphysical thing like corruption in CoC2. As such, anything short of biochemical manipulation isn't going to remove it; that's part of what Steele's microsurgeons are for (-1 Taint every 3rd day after Steele's most recent Taint gain).

3. Steele is almost certainly not a space-Christian, for the following reasons:
  • Lack of discrimination against galotians, rahn and other protein-feeders (which the Church of the One God claims are physical demons sent to tempt believers)
  • Doesn't seem to follow any dietary laws whatsoever, which would naturally preclude following whichever ones the Church has set in place
  • Generally mod-happy despite the Church's negative stance on genetic modification, and is surprised at finding a believer who goes against that (Walt)
  • Has no qualms about promiscuity, polyamory and open relationships, and the Church is presumably as monogamy-positive as ever (especially given the above discrimination, which is mentioned in relation to galotian's disastrous effects on monogamy)
  • One of the possible Tavros Extrameet matches (SavingGrace) attempts to convert Steele to the Church, which Steele buggers the hell out of
As such, going to church is highly inappropriate for them to do.

4. There's already a quest involving Darnock vs the natives of Mhen'ga (specifically, the zil) where Steele can pick sides. Besides, I'm pretty sure his religious motivations are mainly there for background fluff and maximum parallels with post-medieval European colonialism rather than as the centrepiece of his story.

Ah I see, my bad in that case! I didn't realise those were the specifics for this forum and I didn't know those were already in place~ :p

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Allow me to refine this:

1. Go to church of the one
2. Pay space monies
3. Pray
4. Nothing happens
5. You just contributed to the Space Audi 9000 fund for the clergy

Reactions: Paradox01 and Evil

Evil

Jul 18, 2017