Idea for COC 2 replayability

Zenroku

May 8, 2024
I was just thinking. It gets repetetive starting the game over and over again. I had some ideas to make the game more interesting to replay (im not a dev so these might be hard; also who am I right? you don't have to care about my thoughts) :

• New races to play as.
  • New classes and skills. (please.)
  • Maybe new starting locations?
  • Less wordy play through option (I am an English major and I love to read but dang)
  • adding in game picture options for PC (literally nothing fits)
  • more dialogue randomness/more personal things said or done with the companions.
  • I wish we can see location back grounds with some of the situations (like in tits)

if someone reads this I will appreciate it. If the DEV stumbles upon this then thanks for reading thus far and hopefully you consider.

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
In the order of your suggestions:

No new starting races, you are free to write your own new race if you really want it.

No new classes, balancing the current ones are already enough

Rewriting content to account for new starting locations would be frivolous and way too much work for not a lot of payoff

It's...it's a text game my guy.

TiTs has that, and you can upload your own picture for the player character

Companions have plenty to say depending on who you bring, it just also depends on who's writing the scene

Having location bgs would be nice but probably not gonna happen

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
New races to play as.
As mentioned, new starting races are Not Happening and were never going to happen. That would require going back to every single check of the PC's starting race and adding another set of options to account for it and adding new ones to everywhere that they might be appropriate depending on what races you thought should be added.
New classes and skills. (please.)
Powers yes, Classes no.
Maybe new starting locations?
Assuming you mean that the Champ canonically starts the game somewhere else, I don't think you understand how much work that would be. The entire narrative is written around the Champ being an outsider to the Marches who's just arrived in Hawkethorne, which is also where the cult is initially located and thus where Kas arrives. This is one of the very few fixed points the writing has to work with (along with some basics of your chosen background and starting race) and keeps them from being a complete blob character. The Champ can't be a local from any of the settlements without having to rewrite huge chunks of narrative and Kas is only interested in the Champ (and the TF mechanics only work on them as they do) because of the Portal Shenanigans at the start so you can't just say the Champ arrived somewhere else and stumbles into things after Kas has arrived and still have the story work.
I wish we can see location back grounds with some of the situations (like in tits)
Savin mentioned that he would have liked to do something like this, but it wasn't worth the time and expense.