I cannot figure out SSTD's in-game. Please help.

Trap14145

May 25, 2017
To be honest I'm lost.

I've put in about 12 total hours between 0.7.54 and 0.7.55 and I have no idea what to even do. I've been winning/losing/submitting and everything. I've been to every planet and even focused on some of the successful reported enemies.

I've been to:
- Mhen'ga and farmed Zil, Kerokeras, and Naleen
- Tarkus and farmed Raskvel, Sydian, and Lapinara
- Myrellion and farmed Bothrioc, Nyrea, Infected Myr, and Goo.
- Uveto and farmed Milodan and Korgonne

I haven't seen any indication of anything. No description on enemies, no debuff, no warning before it becomes permanent; nothing. I'm completely lost right now and pretty frustrated.

Are there triggers I'm missing to start having it show up? Some event I have to do? Information on the new feature has been scarce (or I'm terrible at using search functions on the forum). I'm all for RNG being RNG, but at this point I hope I'm doing something wrong so there's a reason why this hasn't shown up.

If I am doing this right is there any possibility of changing this diminishing returns or an active counter so the chance of proccing increases slightly each time because I'm pretty much going insane. Or adding a cheat that forces an SSTD on the next enemy fought similar to the forced Treatment transformation cheats?

I know low chances are low chances but it's kinda crazy at his point.

Edit: I should add that I all I've seen related to this content is the STD immunity option is available with Dr. Lash.

StarcraftJunkie

Aug 29, 2015
TBH, I haven't been able to get any of the SSTDs either. I think the chance for them is too low for those who wish to indulge in them.

If the goal is to keep folks who don't want to deal with them from having to deal with them, I think the chance of acquiring SSTDs should be bumped up and an immunity option moved to an earlier opportunity than Dr. Lash. Maybe it could be integrated into character creation with a scene where the doctor asking Steele Sr. if he wants to spring for an extra upgrade to the PC's immune system that would leave them to SSTDs or leaving them to suffer through them, then having Dr. Badger and Dr. Lash be able to remove or reinstate this immunity respectively should the player change their mind later on.

Having both an option to be immune to SSTDs and having their chances be super low seems like a "belt and suspenders" arrangement, IMO.

Reactions: Nik_van_Rijn

irioth

May 12, 2016
TBH, I haven't been able to get any of the SSTDs either. I think the chance for them is too low for those who wish to indulge in them.

If the goal is to keep folks who don't want to deal with them from having to deal with them, I think the chance of acquiring SSTDs should be bumped up and an immunity option moved to an earlier opportunity than Dr. Lash. Maybe it could be integrated into character creation with a scene where the doctor asking Steele Sr. if he wants to spring for an extra upgrade to the PC's immune system that would leave them to SSTDs or leaving them to suffer through them, then having Dr. Badger and Dr. Lash be able to remove or reinstate this immunity respectively should the player change their mind later on.

Having both an option to be immune to SSTDs and having their chances be super low seems like a "belt and suspenders" arrangement, IMO.

At this point, I think the above would be the optimal solutiont to deal with this mess, as this RNG stuff has strained my patience. But please make the immunity bestowing or removing explicit talk options with Dr. Lash or Dr. Badger, or otherwise be activated for sure by PC actions, and give existing characters an effective option to gain immunity *without* estarting play from scratch or messing with Steele's genitals or mimbranes, as Dr. Lash tends to do.

Trap14145

May 25, 2017

Couldn't agree more, I understand that there are some who aren't fans of the current set, but if more are added in the future, having TF content locked behind incredibly low chances seems counter-intuitive. On the flip-side, I also understand that people aren't fans of the content.

Maybe keep everything the same but add a talk option with Dr. Badger that does the flip side if the coin. Whereas Dr. Lash can make you immune, have Dr. Badger sneak a "booster shot" into you which dramatically increases your chances of catching them in the future, like in traditional Badger style.

But right now it seems like layers causing it to not happen, blocking it immensely for people who want to experience the content.

Plus, with more SSTD's possibly coming in the future (while there are ones that people arent fans of now) that doesnt mean this might not be a problem in the future when there are ones that cover more tastes.

Trap14145

May 25, 2017
This is not the post-SSTD thread I was expecting, heh, but it's still in the same vein. :p

I'm actually in agreement that the chance to get SSTD's might be too low at the moment to satisfy people that actually want them, but I'm also of the opinion that the immunity option we have is not sufficient for those that want to avoid them. I still maintain that there should be an immediate (or at least available before the player can encounter any SSTD's) and free (or at least very easy to obtain) means of ignoring them from the get-go. Also, as far as I'm aware, there's still not V-KO units on every single planet, meaning you have to run back to Mhen'ga (or go to the one on Myrellion?) to deal with SSTD's that you can get on, say, Tarkus. Which I think is... questionable.

If you're going to have specific medical service NPC's be the things that remove SSTD's, then I feel you have to have them on every planet, even planets that might not have SSTD risks. There should even be a V-KO on New Texas, for example, at least in my opinion.

The thing with SSTD's is that they seem pretty binary. You're either going to actively seek them out and get one because you like forced TF content, thereby seeing it through to the end and not needing any of the treatment or immunity options whatsoever, or you're going to want to avoid them entirely. They have never felt like an "organic" element of the game that the majority of players will engage with to varying degrees. It's either "fuck yes!" or "fuck off."

Couldnt agree more, I understand the logic and trying to appease everyone with a compromise, but the compromise didnt really 100% solve the issues on either end of the spectrum. Especially when both sides have can have potential ways to each get it exactly the way they want.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
SSTDs were a mistake

Well, not really, I actually figured they were gonna be more of a lategame thing, instead of being shoved in so early. I know it was to kinda shut people up in the SSTD thread, but it probably would've been better to hold off on actually implementing them. Because as of now, they do kinda feel thrown in there, and hell, even I don't know where and what hostiles they're on just so that I can remember and keep cautious about them.

Trap14145

May 25, 2017
SSTDs were a mistake

Well, not really, I actually figured they were gonna be more of a lategame thing, instead of being shoved in so early. I know it was to kinda shut people up in the SSTD thread, but it probably would've been better to hold off on actually implementing them. Because as of now, they do kinda feel thrown in there, and hell, even I don't know where and what hostiles they're on just so that I can remember and keep cautious about them.

That's exactly it, you're on the other side of the fence and want to remain cautious about them, but that's exactly where I'm at. There's very few details and nobody seems to know much about the variables. That's why I originally made the post. If it wasnt for the immunity option I wouldnt even know that they were properly functioning in the game and I WANT to experience them. Meanwhile it's raised caution for people who really want to avoid them.

In the end I agree with some of the above posts. Have it be an up front choice and have options for those who want higher chances. That way both crowds are satisfied.

Something like, "Hey Victor, I know you never really cared much in your life, but do you want your kid to have some of the new boosters to fight SSTD's or leave em to fend for themself like you had to?"

Pervacles

Apr 30, 2016
I think you guys are on to something on how to make forced transformation lovers and haters happy on this. Any of these suggestions would seem reasonable.

I did want to add for the original poster that the only thing I've had proc was the furpies H variant on Uveto. It happened twice in a short timespan after I spent no small amount of time grinding on various planets as suggested in the other SSTD thread. You'll know if you get one, and I would expect it to take hours given my experience. Along with the messages, which you may gloss over at first if you are grinding at speed with hot keys, you'll get a little status icon that makes it apparent that something is up. It's an incredibly low chance from what I can tell, but the other variables, if any are not discernible given the low chances. I didn't see anything in TiTSed either, although I sort of assume that it will make it in on a later update. If they remain unchanged I'll probably just resort to save game editing assuming future support, or worst case, I'll just read the source once it goes public.

Trap14145

May 25, 2017
I did want to add for the original poster that the only thing I've had proc was the furpies H variant on Uveto. It happened twice in a short timespan after I spent no small amount of time grinding on various planets as suggested in the other SSTD thread. You'll know if you get one, and I would expect it to take hours given my experience. Along with the messages, which you may gloss over at first if you are grinding at speed with hot keys, you'll get a little status icon that makes it apparent that something is up. It's an incredibly low chance from what I can tell, but the other variables, if any are not discernible given the low chances. I didn't see anything in TiTSed either, although I sort of assume that it will make it in on a later update. If they remain unchanged I'll probably just resort to save game editing assuming future support, or worst case, I'll just read the source once it goes public.

Holy shit, thank you so much. This is the first solid bit of info I've seen on what to look for. Were you defeating enemies and having your way with them or purposefully losing?

But moving on from that, I think having it be something that makes people want to go the route of save editing shows a problem itself.

Reactions: MistyBirb

Zat

Dec 18, 2016
Lithuania
I'm actually in agreement that the chance to get SSTD's might be too low at the moment to satisfy people that actually want them, but I'm also of the opinion that the immunity option we have is not sufficient for those that want to avoid them. I still maintain that there should be an immediate (or at least available before the player can encounter any SSTD's) and free (or at least very easy to obtain) means of ignoring them from the get-go. Also, as far as I'm aware, there's still not V-KO units on every single planet, meaning you have to run back to Mhen'ga (or go to the one on Myrellion?) to deal with SSTD's that you can get on, say, Tarkus. Which I think is... questionable.

A sollution for an early game immunity booster should be as an option during character creation. But there still should be an option for it later in the game in case the player decides SSTDs are annoying for them to deal with.

Trap14145

May 25, 2017
A sollution for an early game immunity booster should be as an option during character creation. But there still should be an option for it later in the game in case the player decides SSTDs are annoying for them to deal with.

Yeah, I can definitely agree with this, no point in taking it out now that it's already in. Gives people the opportunity to try it if they like it, but still block it without having to start over completely.

irioth

May 12, 2016

To add on about this, I got furpies 2-3 times and Loco Fever once, so I may state that infected status gets immediately shown on the medical screen of the codex, but you are not told the nature of the infection. The game records the event as a hidden status effect, so it is noticeable on the Raw page of TiTS as 'undetected furpies infection' (I failed to notice the equivalent for LF). Infection gives a few generic symptoms (furpies gives messages about genital heat and increased attraction for furries, IIRC) over the next few days, then you are told its nature, its status effect icon is revealed, and the related Codex entry is unlocked. You may get it healed by V-Ko on Men'gha (and Anzhela on Myrellion, I suppose) as soon as you get infected, and I did so well before I got any TF effects. Unfortunately I accidentally deleted the one playthrough where I got Loco Fever, and I was unable to get it again despite all my grinding, so I know less about it, but it seems to play out kinda like a temporary equivalent of the heat status given by Breeder's Bliss ot Omega Fever. The last time I got infected by furpies, I tried to hack its status effect entry to change it into Loco Fever, but I failed to find the correct wording of the variable. I was never able to unlock any dialog option with Dr. Lash about any immunity to SSTD. I greatly dislike the unwanted, forced TF character of furpies, although I might not mind getting the heat-like Loco Fever once in a while, so perhaps overall I'd prefer to go for the immunity option. I support the solutions discussed in this thread, but please make them easily available for established characters, too, w/o having to restart from scratch.

Last edited:

Trap14145

May 25, 2017
To add on about this, I got furpies 2-3 times and Loco Fever once, so I may state that infected status gets immediately shown on the medical screen of the codex, but you are not told the nature of the infection. The game records the event as a hidden status effect, so it is noticeable on the Raw page of TiTS as 'undetected furpies infection' (I failed to notice the equivalent for LF). Infection gives a few generic symptoms (furpies gives messages about genital heat and increased attraction for furries, IIRC) over the next few days, then you are told its nature, its status effect icon is revealed, and the related Codex entry is unlocked. You may get it healed by V-Ko on Men'gha (and Anzhela on Myrellion, I suppose) as soon as you get infected, and I did so well before I got any TF effects. Unfortunately I accidentally deleted the one playthrough where I got Loco Fever, and I was unable to get it again despite all my grinding, so I know less about it, but it seems to play out kinda like a temporary equivalent of the heat status given by Breeder's Bliss ot Omega Fever. The last time I got infected by furpies, I tried to hack its status effect entry to change it into Loco Fever, but I failed to find the correct wording of the variable. I was never able to unlock any dialog option with Dr. Lash about any immunity to SSTD. I greatly dislike the unwanted, forced TF character of furpies, although I might not mind getting the heat-like Loco Fever once in a while, so perhaps overall I'd prefer to go for the immunity option. I support the solutions discussed in this thread, but please make them easily available for established characters, too, w/o having to restart from scratch.

To start, that's great information, that was one of the problems I was running into; there was little information on what even happens at all.

The Dr. Lash option is under his talk menu on the far right and costs 10k.

And I totally agree about having the immunity option be available up-front and also have an in-game option if people try it and it isnt really their cup of tea.

Pervacles

Apr 30, 2016
Were you defeating enemies and having your way with them or purposefully losing?

I started with winning, but realized it would be faster to do it with losses. Uveto made that process speedier as the hot keys were basically move back and forth and mash 1 when insta-defeated at 0 HP. Prior to that I imagined that maybe some kinds of sex would be riskier, so I was prioritizing what you'd expect given real life in the victory sex scenes. I stopped looking after the second H variant on Uveto, which was cool, but for the grind underwhelming, so I wouldn't recommend wasting more time on the grind.

Props to the Brothric defeat writers BTW. I love how that whole thing plays out. Perfect semi-forced content. You know what you're getting into if you lose whether by RP "defeat" or actual defeat, and it is reasonable that you just might lose a battle if you are trying not to given their toughness. Still, initial hits to the character look are minor and can be fixed rather easily. Love it.

Trap14145

May 25, 2017
I started with winning, but realized it would be faster to do it with losses. Uveto made that process speedier as the hot keys were basically move back and forth and mash 1 when insta-defeated at 0 HP. Prior to that I imagined that maybe some kinds of sex would be riskier, so I was prioritizing what you'd expect given real life in the victory sex scenes. I stopped looking after the second H variant on Uveto, which was cool, but for the grind underwhelming, so I wouldn't recommend wasting more time on the grind.

You rock, thank you so much for the info. I'll probably still try it, but it's unfortunate that the grind took away from the appeal of SSTD's. Hopefully something will happen in the future.

Mako

May 30, 2017
Your character must not be a furry to begin with, furry characters are immune to furpies.
After I figured that out, I changed my character to human and spammed defeat on Uveto with the help of autohotkey. In less than an hour I managed to get furpies of all variants 6 times in total. So I can confirm that Korgonnes carry the virus, and once you're infected, you'll get a random version of the infection.
Didn't get loco fever though. Must be from a different species.

Last edited:

OnyxDrakkenblade

Jul 1, 2016
This is not the post-SSTD thread I was expecting, heh, but it's still in the same vein. :p

-snip-
Or . . you know they could always make it so that if you Steele Vi's(Myrellion nursedroid) pussy, IT could heal you of SSTDs whenever you pleasure yourself with it. Then we could have come literal "sexual healing" :p This wouldn't solve the overarching problem of the EARLY disruption of contagion. But I think it would be a funny as hell work-around.

Last edited:
Reactions: GTK/HLK

hidoragon

Oct 19, 2015
Loco Fever is carried by the raskvel.

I ran a macro at 0HP fighting and auto-losing to various races on Tarkus looking for SSTD here are my results -- tested on a generic human male character

female Raskvel, Male Raskvel gangs, and Laprina. ~ 1000 fights each. No SSTDs of any kind.
-- Note, I also thoroughly tested the "Paywithsex" and "pay" options.

Goo girl + Sex bots(both genders) ~500 fights each, no SSTDs

Goo Girl, Male Sydian, Female Sydian ~ 50 each. Contracted Furpies H (may have been sooner since I believe it takes time to manifest?)

EDIT
Some extra numbers because I was bored.

Information on 11 SSTD contractions hunting Sydians
Furpies C count: 2
Furpies D count: 5
Furpies H count: 5
Loco Fever count: 0

Average encounters between infections*: 215
Average encounters against Sydians: 150
Max # encounters between infection: 405
Shortest # encounters between infection: 84

*Cured as soon as I detected the SSTD, encounters with Sydians, and Goo girls included (since spot I farmed encountered both)
If detection only happens 48 hours after infection, allow can take off ~30 encounters to allow for time passing.

I'd like to note that this is a fairly low sample size so it might not be representative of true odds, especially if the odds are low and i'm getting RNG'd.

Note: Dr. Badger does not, by default (no quests done) react to the player having Furpies, both at initial detect and after the complex completed the transformation.

~650 encounters with Grey goo and Sydians after having Furpies. No further disease was acquired.

Last edited:

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
I'm going off what Couch said about Loco Fever, I'm not a backer, so unfortunate I can't be a primary source here.

I don't know if it's actually in, but other people have claimed it is. If it's in the game and working as intended, you should be able to get it at random by having sex with raskvel. All it does is put you in heat and/or rut after the incubation period depending on your genitals, then passes after a few days.

Since Fen has definitely said the Fever is in, it may be working incorrectly.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Props to the Brothric defeat writers BTW. I love how that whole thing plays out. Perfect semi-forced content. You know what you're getting into if you lose whether by RP "defeat" or actual defeat, and it is reasonable that you just might lose a battle if you are trying not to given their toughness. Still, initial hits to the character look are minor and can be fixed rather easily. Love it.

That would be @Nonesuch picking up the orphaned project and writing most of it from grounds up. And to add to the list of advantages the Bothrioc forced TF content has there are also a good balance of mental and physical changes (both reversible, to a point), a neat system of permanent lock stages for mental changes that are set sufficiently high, a good way to counteract the addiction that PC can stack up on.

Also, it revolves around D/s and ovi, which are objectively best kinks is nice for some people.

StarcraftJunkie

Aug 29, 2015
I'm going off what Couch said about Loco Fever, I'm not a backer, so unfortunate I can't be a primary source here.

Since Fen has definitely said the Fever is in, it may be working incorrectly.

If all it does is basically proc rut/heat, a character might be immune to it while in rut/heat, which could explain why some folks aren't contracting it.

irioth

May 12, 2016
If all it does is basically proc rut/heat, a character might be immune to it while in rut/heat, which could explain why some folks aren't contracting it.

IIRC, I once got Loco Fever from a raskavel (the one and only time I was able to unlock it) when I had already estalbished the policy of keeping my Steele in persistent Deep Heat due to periodic use of Breeder's Bliss. So it would seem this would not be the case. Unfortunately, however, I accidentally deleted that playthrough before I could do any extensive checks about the disease.

Niwik

Jun 12, 2017
Made an account just so I could weigh in on this needlessly vague bullshit.

So far I've gotten Loco Fever (fairly easy, from Raskvel) and the C Strain. Unfortunately, I got the C Strain from the Naleen (99% sure) so I've spread a bit of misinformation in the patch notes comments about perhaps the SSTDs being thematic.
Anyways, I got Furpies C after about 30 minutes of grinding, though I should note I accidentally lost to a Membrane RIGHT before the notification pop for the infection. IDK if the pop is on a time delay or if the one time I lost to a Membrane I got Furpies. I suppose its worth noting my character was a Female Gryvain.
Since I was under the assumption that the strains were thematic and therefore the H strain wouldn't be on an enemy encounter (no taur baddies in public build), I boned the Dryad every time she asked (~20 times), Aina for about 15 minutes, and Ellie for about 15 minutes since they were the most horselike NPCs I could think of. The end result was nothing. I haven't been to Canadia Station so I couldn't try Sylvie. Finally, I tried with the Korgonnes for about 30 minutes and also got nothing.

Good to see some actual data put forth because while the concept of "there's something potentially interesting hidden somewhere but I'm not giving you any hints also there is a very low chance it'll be there when you look" is just really really well thought out and good design, I don't want to spend ages trying to grind this shit out.