Hype for obsidian games Outer worlds !

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
Here's the trailer it looks like we might get a worthy successor to fallout new Vegas. I'm sorry to say not a big fan of Fallout 4 it was OK but I find it a downgrade opposed new Vegas, and I'm not bothering with 76 for reasons most know.
Trailer:

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I also didn't really like Fallout 4, nor will I order 76.

Anyway, I love the Borderlands feel to this, and I have high hopes!

Reactions: runingman69

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
You know, I didn't get any feeling resembling Fallout from that trailer. Like ScarletteKnight said, its got more of a Borderlands vibe to it. And I like that. Like a lot.

runingman69

Nov 24, 2018
canuck land.
You know, I didn't get any feeling resembling Fallout from that trailer. Like ScarletteKnight said, its got more of a Borderlands vibe to it. And I like that. Like a lot.
I guess your right I just want a good open-world shooter. I wish destiny was better but Activision screwed Bungie up.

ScarletteKnight

Dec 19, 2015
I guess I'll partake in the necromancy.

I'm really enjoying it so far, but it's not like, super great or anything, 7/10. It's basically a prettier Fallout New Vegas with a slight hint of Borderlands. Parvati is an amazing companion, Felix seems pretty great too, but so far the other 4 haven't been impressive, not that I use them much. I wish we either got more levels or more points, I've only maxed 2 skills because almost everything is worth getting to 40, but I don't mind attributes being so limited.

I'm not very far though, I keep being busy, so I could be wrong about it.

Reactions: cobra

cobra

Aug 29, 2015
I guess I'll partake in the necromancy.

I'm really enjoying it so far, but it's not like, super great or anything, 7/10. It's basically a prettier Fallout New Vegas with a slight hint of Borderlands. Parvati is an amazing companion, Felix seems pretty great too, but so far the other 4 haven't been impressive, not that I use them much. I wish we either got more levels or more points, I've only maxed 2 skills because almost everything is worth getting to 40, but I don't mind attributes being so limited.

I'm not very far though, I keep being busy, so I could be wrong about it.

Game was okay but then what did you expect from a AA game? I like Pervati but i find her taste in woman questionable. Max on the other hand grew on me and is probably my favorite even though I'm anti-everything religious. Everyone else I just found boring.

IATIHIA2

Jun 14, 2018
USA, New England
Probably my favorite game since RDR2. My main issue is just that its rather short, and not particularly great for aimless wandering for extended periods of time. I got 100% completion after 1 week, beat the game twice after 2 or 3 days (i practically speedran most of the other runs after that)

Its no New Vegas, but thata to be expected with a AA budget.
I would have been ok with reduced graphics in exchange for more story.

However, part of the reason it's so short could be intentional. Its a brand new universe, after all, and maybe they wanted to test the waters before devoting massive amounts of time and money to something. The huge franchises nowadays already went through their crude beginnings, so they don't need to do that anymore(Doom, Elder Scrolls, Tomb Raider, Halo, Fallout, CoD).

I am rather suprised about how much effort seemed to go into visuals. Maybe they wanted to send a message that New Vegas isn't their best? However, it could have simply been so they could catch people's attention in the trailers - in this age where visuals seem to be put over story, maybe they went all in so they could cut through it all, so they could get new customers than just the Story people? I mean, it seems like it may have worked - my sibling never cared for story things, but he did rarher enjoy ToW still for the fun combat and visuals, while I am on the opposite end of the spectrum.

I'm sort of rambling now. I think i was trying to lead everything to one final point so i could wrap it up neatly, but I seem to have forgotten what that is.