How2Dane4Crew?

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
If yer doing the fight, breaking dane out of his cage makes you unable the subjugate the queen, which is the best end for that encounter.

Also I'm doubtful the devs will make having to break dane out during that fight a requirement for recruiting him.

lighterfluid

Apr 27, 2016
So, I gotta ask, 'cause I think I missed something. Do we even know for sure that follower Dane is gonna be a thing?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
We do, he already has blurbs coded.

You can technically maybe save edit him in, but I seriously advise against that.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Do want harem.
I'm not so sure if Dane makes for good harem material. He has his own harem back home and feels like he'd be disruptive.

Being a drinking buddy and wingman would be fine though.

Alexa

Aug 30, 2015
I'm not so sure if Dane makes for good harem material. He has his own harem back home and feels like he'd be disruptive.

Being a drinking buddy and wingman would be fine though.

I think the rule should be that if you subjugate a harem leader you attain ownership of that harem.

Reactions: CloudStriker

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I think the rule should be that if you subjugate a harem leader you attain ownership of that harem.
but hiring is not subjugation.

Also it depends on by what means and reason the harem serves the harem head. Most reasons just lead to the disbanding of the harem.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Heir of massive intergalactic corporation and a damn good fuck/fighter isn't a good reason? :p
That's a reason to jump ship from one harem to another assuming you're not part of the harem for love or honor reasons.

MysteryMouse

Aug 29, 2015

Technically, you are correct. Corruption of Champions even had a demon gal that had her own harem, in which you gain ownership of once you beat her.

MysteryMouse

Aug 29, 2015
They were a gaggle of featureless imps tho.

Along with some catgirl twins and some fox girl named Zetsuko. Along with that collared "human" girl that goes with the imps.

Point is, she had a harem, and you could access it by making their leader your bitch.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
The harem followers aren't supposed to have a choice anyways, are they? It's like the nyrea
Depends on the reason you're in the harem. Those who are in one by choice almost always can leave if they want to unless they have some reason to stay.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Along with some catgirl twins and some fox girl named Zetsuko. Along with that collared "human" girl that goes with the imps.

Point is, she had a harem, and you could access it by making their leader your bitch.

I think Klaptrap was referring to Vapula's demon-gang which kinda operated like a harem, but doesn't actually interact with you. The one you're referring to is Ceraph's harem, which you do get access too.

Fenoxo

Corrupter of Tainted Space
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Mareth
www.fenoxo.com
Finish the encounter so Dane can escape, save his ungrateful boss and get fired.

Wait for about a year until Savin will write the companion x-pack.
You guys know that Dane is my character, and I wrote the cage bit and the Mhen'ga encounter, right?

...the plan is to have him start showing up in bars at some point after Myrellion, at which point you can bro out, bitch out, and/or hire him as security personel and/or a trainer. It's a low priority for the moment, however.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
You guys know that Dane is my character, and I wrote the cage bit and the Mhen'ga encounter, right?

...the plan is to have him start showing up in bars at some point after Myrellion, at which point you can bro out, bitch out, and/or hire him as security personel and/or a trainer. It's a low priority for the moment, however.
No, I didn't know that. My bad.
Only triggered his sex scene and busted him out of the cage once each, for completion's sake. The rest of the time all the news about him usually trickled down through Savin, and despite being male, Dane is still a doge-man, so I just went on assuming... Sorry, Fen.

In any case, it's good to have another confirmation that he will eventually receive all that love and content.

Last edited:

MysteryMouse

Aug 29, 2015
I think Klaptrap was referring to Vapula's demon-gang which kinda operated like a harem, but doesn't actually interact with you. The one you're referring to is Ceraph's harem, which you do get access too.
Oh, I see. Honestly when I was talking about it, Ceraph was who I was mentioning.

Sounds interesting. While it's a long ways off, I still am glad for getting a puppy husbando.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I assumed he was Savin's, lol. Then I realized he was male.

EDIT: You know what I mean by male.

Reactions: Alexa

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
Depends on the reason you're in the harem. Those who are in one by choice almost always can leave if they want to unless they have some reason to stay.

When people use the word harem, they're usually looking to entertain a power fantasy where the harem members have a slave-type status. Whether they actually are slaves or just playing along one way or another is dependent on how d̶e̶l̶i̶c̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ dark the fantasy is aiming to be.

I suggest therefore that Dane's character is really unsuited to being in a "harem", per se - unless a breaking expansion came with his recruitment shizz.

Reactions: Alexa

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Finish the encounter so Dane can escape, save his ungrateful boss and get fired.

Wait for about a year until Savin will write the companion x-pack.

I ain't writing shit.

Unless Fen tells me to, but like he said, Dane's his baby.

Bocoom

Dec 31, 2015
I better get his harem! My shit is imperial because if you come live on my ship you and everything you own goes to me! Good to know its only one year off though.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well Savin is owner of all/most* puppysluts not puppystuds :p

That a slight difference I think. ANd hooray Fen have spoken...and probably shattered more than few dreams since low priority may mean even somewhere in 2018.

(*pick the correct option)

Alexa

Aug 30, 2015
When people use the word harem, they're usually looking to entertain a power fantasy where the harem members have a slave-type status. Whether they actually are slaves or just playing along one way or another is dependent on how d̶e̶l̶i̶c̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ dark the fantasy is aiming to be.

I suggest therefore that Dane's character is really unsuited to being in a "harem", per se - unless a breaking expansion came with his recruitment shizz.

This.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF

Those must be delightful people you hang around with, either too normal or too depraved to use the standardized weeb definition of 'harem' as a structure in witch the main X is exuding off-the charts level of attraction and have several Ys gravitate towards them. No restrictive powerplay or, G-d forbid, religious/legal bullshit.

That being said, Doge-man will probably he a good, loyal puppy but he will never agree on being anything lower than Beta and will never stop being a manwhore. Which is fine.

I ain't writing shit.

Unless Fen tells me to, but like he said, Dane's his baby.
Once again - sorry for the misunderstanding and especially for spreading misinformation.

Never would have chosen you working on Dane over pretty much any of your characters.

Last edited:

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015

In my experience harems tend to be more along the lines of "Derpy Herpaderp is your average loser, just like you! Until one day, he ended up stuck in an apartment with a bunch of craaaaaazy women who all want his dick! Oh no! What will Derpy get beaten up for that's not his fault today? It's madcap comedy with wacky hijinks and almost-but-not-quite nudity in this zany string of romantic misadventures!"