How to get the Tiger transformation item?

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
So I decided to give FoE a try, and found that it was much more fleshed out than I thought. On the wiki, it mentions a tiger TF, which seems to be a full on cat-morph TF rather than the neko TF the felinix is.

It also says the various catmorphs drop it, but I've farmed them for hours now, and have yet to find it. Can it drop from the catmorphs? If so, do I need to satisfy some prerequisite? Is it possible to make alchemically, and if so, how?

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
You currently can't craft it. It drops from regular felines with a very low drop rate, and from the catboy mage in the hills with a slightly higher drop rate.

If you just want the item and don't balk at cheating, I'd just activate debug mode and go to the Nomad tent and use the ITEM cheat there.

Reactions: Raindrops

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
You currently can't craft it. It drops from regular felines with a very low drop rate, and from the catboy mage in the hills with a slightly higher drop rate.

If you just want the item and don't balk at cheating, I'd just activate debug mode and go to the Nomad tent and use the ITEM cheat there.

I generally don't bother with cheating. Thank you for confirmation!

I guess I'll just farm them a bit longer and see what happens

I did try to go into the foothills, but all the enemies there were absurdly powerful compared to everything else... like, the highest I found outside of the hills was something like 250-300 hitpoints, and then in comes that catboy with like 1500 hp. Did I miss like five areas?

I have not yet been to the city, perhaps that's intended to be completed first?

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I did try to go into the foothills, but all the enemies there were absurdly powerful compared to everything else... like, the highest I found outside of the hills was something like 250-300 hitpoints, and then in comes that catboy with like 1500 hp
I think Catboy is meant to be an elite enemy, not an enemy you'd encounter all that often, nor a boss. Just more there to act as a wake up call for you. You get similar enemies in other areas.

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
I have not yet been to the city, perhaps that's intended to be completed first?
Yep I would say FoE only really gets going once you have got inside the city [by which ever route you prefer]
That presumably means that the only companion you have is Kiai, so the party really hasn't started
IIRC the Cat Mage is about Lvl 10 and will also sometimes appear with his mate the Alchemist & the Centaur [both lvl 10 approx]
that is a big jump from level 1 cat mobs

Tristan Black

Feb 18, 2016
It's a little easier when you get a party of three or four going, and have some job levels beyond what you started with. Also, by the time most of us got to the Foothills, we were basically waiting for Act II content. The Foothills are mostly a bonus area with a preview of what to expect when the game's intro chapter ends.

(Which may be a long time, yes. Got a lot of momentum to re-build.)

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Yep I would say FoE only really gets going once you have got inside the city [by which ever route you prefer]
That presumably means that the only companion you have is Kiai, so the party really hasn't started
IIRC the Cat Mage is about Lvl 10 and will also sometimes appear with his mate the Alchemist & the Centaur [both lvl 10 approx]
that is a big jump from level 1 cat mobs

Yeh the catboy had a goat alchemist and a centaur with him. Presumably this means the first enemy I encountered was the hardest possible enemy lol

Also, I was not aware I could have more than one party member, but that does make sense.