How to get game to recognize saves on Android? [Partially Solved]

Discussion in 'Trials in Tainted Space' started by zurric, Oct 12, 2018.

1. zurric

zurric Member

I've tried modifying my saves on my PC using titsed and moving them to the save location on my phone which is
    /data/data/air.com.taintedspace.tits/com.taintedspace.tits/Local Storage/#SharedObjects
    But the game never recognizes that there are saves there which I have modified. It doesn't delete them when I go to load, instead showing the slot as empty. Just now though, I found that it isn't just modded saves, but any save that I have moved from that folder.
    I was following this guide
    https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/gu...-on-rooted-android-devices.12157/#post-220370
    And after copying the backups I made to another folder back into the sharedpbjects folder I found the game didn't recognize them either

If anyone knows a solution to this I would love to know, thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT

so, i've managed to solve the problem enough to get around directly moving saves to and from the save locations on my phone.
    Thanks to this comment
    https://f95zone.com/threads/trials-in-tainted-space-v0-7-214-fenoxo.469/page-26#post-535785
    I just found I learned that TiTs didn't have storage permissions on my phone. This was preventing me from using Save File and Load File. now that i can use those, I can move saves in the .tits format /data/com.taintedspace.www between my pc and phone. I hope this helps people having similar issues to me.

#1 zurric, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
  2. The Krispiness

The Krispiness Well-Known Member

I run it on android and I used TitsEd a bit so I'll see if I can help out. First things first, are you using the "load file" option? Ya need to use that to load the save before you can use the standard load option.

3. zurric

zurric Member

That option never works for me
    Always get an error

4. The Krispiness

Hmmm, my files were in .tits format, not .sol. they were stored under internal storage/data/com.taintedspace.www

5. The Krispiness

Huh, I do have that shared project folder, but I didnt use it.

6. zurric

zurric Member

Currently I'm using Android version 6.0.1 on the phone, it's my old one that I rooted, and version 7.212 of the game if that helps

7. zurric

zurric Member

I just remembered, there's also another directory that basically mirrors the one I put above, except instead of /data/data/ folder it's under /data/user/0/

8. The Krispiness

I'm running android 7.0 on a 64-bit system.
    The data/data should be it. The guide you used said "Local Store" not "Local Storage". Is there a different directory with that name? And you put the backslash before the space and # in the command line?

9. zurric

zurric Member

I am in the local store, didn't notice my phone autocorrected it to that. I also looked at where it installs on my new phone and it doesn't have any files in storage either

10. The Krispiness

When you used the list command, did the saves come up?

11. zurric

zurric Member

Yep. I can also see it in a file explorer

12. zurric

zurric Member

Heres a screenshot of the file explorer

Attached Files:

13. The Krispiness

Labelled frrom one to fourteen with T's capitalized? I'm running out of ideas of how it can be listed but not available in game.

Edit: Looks like it.

14. zurric

zurric Member

The only thing I can think of is there being some file somewhere that tracks save file meta data or something

15. The Krispiness

There wasn't any such file for me on either windows or android 7.0.

16. zurric

zurric Member

On windows in chrome it uses the same system for me, the editor shows them named like that

17. The Krispiness

Dumb question, but you did restart TiTs after doing all this, right?

18. zurric

zurric Member

19. The Krispiness

Whelp, I'm outta ideas. Sorry, thought I'd be more useful.

20. zurric

zurric Member

No need to apologize, thanks for your help

21. hdgamer

hdgamer Member

Hi

Which part isn't solved yet? Is it getting your phone to read the .sol save files?

22. zurric

zurric Member

pretty much. I can't get it to read .sol saves directly from where it saves to if I've done anything to them.

23. hdgamer

hdgamer Member

From what I can recall and this is from old game versions for unrooted android, the save location for .sol files are unknown. So to get around this issue, we save the game as a .tits file on android. This is done by choosing 'Save File' and the .tits files are saved in your local storage 'data/com.taintedspace.www'. Open this file on your PC game and save it as .sol. Make the necessary edits and save as .sol file. Open this file in the PC game and save as .tits file. Move the .tits file to the local storage in your android phone. Open this save game with 'Load File'.

I'm aware that this isn't straight forward and I'm sorry about that. Are your sure that the .sol files in your rooted android are saved to the location you shared? Because it seems that they aren't saved to or loaded from that location.