How to get game to recognize saves on Android? [Partially Solved]

zurric

Oct 9, 2018
I've tried modifying my saves on my PC using titsed and moving them to the save location on my phone which is
/data/data/air.com.taintedspace.tits/com.taintedspace.tits/Local Storage/#SharedObjects
But the game never recognizes that there are saves there which I have modified. It doesn't delete them when I go to load, instead showing the slot as empty. Just now though, I found that it isn't just modded saves, but any save that I have moved from that folder.
I was following this guide
https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/gu...-on-rooted-android-devices.12157/#post-220370
And after copying the backups I made to another folder back into the sharedpbjects folder I found the game didn't recognize them either

If anyone knows a solution to this I would love to know, thanks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT

so, i've managed to solve the problem enough to get around directly moving saves to and from the save locations on my phone.
Thanks to this comment
https://f95zone.com/threads/trials-in-tainted-space-v0-7-214-fenoxo.469/page-26#post-535785
I just found I learned that TiTs didn't have storage permissions on my phone. This was preventing me from using Save File and Load File. now that i can use those, I can move saves in the .tits format /data/com.taintedspace.www between my pc and phone. I hope this helps people having similar issues to me.

Last edited:

The Krispiness

May 7, 2018
Under your bed.
www.google.com
I run it on android and I used TitsEd a bit so I'll see if I can help out. First things first, are you using the "load file" option? Ya need to use that to load the save before you can use the standard load option.

zurric

Oct 9, 2018
Currently I'm using Android version 6.0.1 on the phone, it's my old one that I rooted, and version 7.212 of the game if that helps

zurric

Oct 9, 2018
I just remembered, there's also another directory that basically mirrors the one I put above, except instead of /data/data/ folder it's under /data/user/0/

The Krispiness

May 7, 2018
Under your bed.
www.google.com
I'm running android 7.0 on a 64-bit system.
The data/data should be it. The guide you used said "Local Store" not "Local Storage". Is there a different directory with that name? And you put the backslash before the space and # in the command line?

zurric

Oct 9, 2018
I am in the local store, didn't notice my phone autocorrected it to that. I also looked at where it installs on my new phone and it doesn't have any files in storage either

zurric

Oct 9, 2018
Heres a screenshot of the file explorer

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-10-12-19-15-50.png
    Screenshot_2018-10-12-19-15-50.png
    118.5 KB · Views: 16

zurric

Oct 9, 2018
The only thing I can think of is there being some file somewhere that tracks save file meta data or something

zurric

Oct 9, 2018
On windows in chrome it uses the same system for me, the editor shows them named like that

zurric

Oct 9, 2018
pretty much. I can't get it to read .sol saves directly from where it saves to if I've done anything to them.

hdgamer

May 9, 2017
From what I can recall and this is from old game versions for unrooted android, the save location for .sol files are unknown. So to get around this issue, we save the game as a .tits file on android. This is done by choosing 'Save File' and the .tits files are saved in your local storage 'data/com.taintedspace.www'. Open this file on your PC game and save it as .sol. Make the necessary edits and save as .sol file. Open this file in the PC game and save as .tits file. Move the .tits file to the local storage in your android phone. Open this save game with 'Load File'.

I'm aware that this isn't straight forward and I'm sorry about that. Are your sure that the .sol files in your rooted android are saved to the location you shared? Because it seems that they aren't saved to or loaded from that location.