How to get Adobe's standalone flash player

JBornWhoS

Oct 22, 2017
I posted the following in the xianxia thread then saw someone posting the same question in the revamp thread and someone replying that so many people were asking the question. So here you go.

I was having similar trouble (in reply to someone complaining about chrome) and I was having trouble finding a swf player until I came onto this page: https://blog.bannersnack.com/download-swf-player/
"However, Adobe has indeed such a SWF player, but, for our confusion (I had to ask my workmates from the flash department where can I find it), it is rather hard to find. It’s called Adobe Flash Player Projector Content Debugger (oh…) or Adobe Standalone Flash Player."

Googling "adobe flash projector" comes up with this page: https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html
Don't click whatever download looking links at the top. Instead scroll past the box with a stop sign telling you the downloads are for "flash developers only" and click on the link that says "Download the Flash Player projector" under your operating system. In the case of windows it gives me "flashplayer_31_sa.exe" which doesn't need to install and can be run anywhere even though I don't have flash installed for any browsers.

EDIT: Clarity

Last edited:
Reactions: lightningshifter

lightningshifter

Aug 27, 2015
Let's also add an extra warning up here when you navigate to that download page. Don't grab the debug projector because it will run a lot of other stuff in the background which causes these games to slow up a lot. Just grab the standard projector. Also, it should be noted that whenever adobe releases a new flash player update they will replace the projector with a matching version. So you can check back in every so often for a newer version at least until they finally stop updating flash.

JBornWhoS

Oct 22, 2017
Not sure what you mean. The second link just gives you a straight exe and the blog I referenced gives you the exe in a zip file. Run the exe and then File>Open the swf.