How the heck is Exertion's raw damage calculated?

Blackguard

Jan 16, 2024
On a journey
One of the new colosseum weapons seemed like a nice match with Exertion, so I've been testing out the power with it but the damage numbers of Exertion aren't making any sense to me. To my knowledge, raw damage is unmitigated damage that bypasses the target's defenses or resistances. For example, if Exertion says it will do 100 damage to the target and myself then it will do just that. However, the damage seems all over the place, with it sometimes doing more damage to the enemy than it does to me and other times doing less to them and more to me. The only consistent thing is that the damage has never been what the power says it will do. Also with some testing, it seemed like the type of weapon I used affected the damage done by Exertion.

So does anyone know if this is working as intended or what the exact damage calculation for this power is?

Listo

Aug 19, 2023
One of the new colosseum weapons seemed like a nice match with Exertion, so I've been testing out the power with it but the damage numbers of Exertion aren't making any sense to me. To my knowledge, raw damage is unmitigated damage that bypasses the target's defenses or resistances. For example, if Exertion says it will do 100 damage to the target and myself then it will do just that. However, the damage seems all over the place, with it sometimes doing more damage to the enemy than it does to me and other times doing less to them and more to me. The only consistent thing is that the damage has never been what the power says it will do. Also with some testing, it seemed like the type of weapon I used affected the damage done by Exertion.

So does anyone know if this is working as intended or what the exact damage calculation for this power is?
Bit late, but I’m gonna make a guess and say it only ignores damage type resistances and not the DR provided by armor. As for the damage being affected by weapon, provided you didn’t mess up in your testing, maybe it’s just bugged and counting the damage of the weapon itself. Definitely not meant to do that.