how much of the game do you read?

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
just curious since i skip through a lot

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
I try my best, but I've been running Meadow for over 2 years already. There is a lot of text I really don't need to read any more.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
What are reading?

No, seriously, I tend to read favourite sex scenes, always read new content and any scene where your cousin gets shafted.

Reactions: Drash and ShySquare
A

Athena

I tend to skim through most of the content, but only because my original playthroughs had been put on hold while I waited until ship battles were finally a thing, and I didn't want to burn out. Now I can play at my leisure, so...hopefully I'll be reading everything I come across at least once or twice.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017

Fleep

Oct 24, 2018
I read everything releatd to the main story and enough of the characters to know the basics about them (unless I really like the character, which makes me want to read all of her). About the world and the descriptions not so much. I really do try to read as much as I can but when I get horny everything non sex related is an obstacle.

Reactions: Crablord

HugLife

Aug 7, 2018
The only things I skip are combat text (unless there's some of kind unique tease text like with the Cyber Punks) and floor tile text (unless there's something unique I'm searching for in the area).

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I have literally never, and will never, read the room descriptions.

I read every new *thing* that I bump into, but obviously after all this time, playing through a new character means I skim like 90% of the game and just read a couple of scenes until I get to the cool new stuff. That I read fully.

Nonesuch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
I have literally never, and will never, read the room descriptions.

I've heard this sentiment repeated a lot, which makes me quite sad because I have and Fen did a heartbreakingly good job with most of them.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
If you're not reading, then you're literally playing this wrong... Plus the poor writers that spend hours slaving away at wordcraft for nothing... :negativeman:
I feel this exact way when people time-skip pregnancies and lose out on all the pregnancy blurbs.

...not to mention the occasional special time with your babby-momma/daddy

Reactions: Forget Me Knot

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I've heard this sentiment repeated a lot, which makes me quite sad because I have and Fen did a heartbreakingly good job with most of them.

I wrote almost all of them on Uveto and Myrellion. Neither surprised or saddened nobody else reads them either.

Reactions: Evil
A

Athena

I actually like the room descriptions, they help to give me a sense for the setting. The ones of Tavros and Mhen'ga I distinctly remember selling me on the idea that Steele was on a sci-fi adventure, and part of why I want to slow down now so I can read more flavor text like this. Maybe it's just me, but I really like fleshing out the stories, actions, motivations, and dialogue in RPGs like this (or really, when I engage with any form of media), so things like room descriptions takes a load off me, and lets my mind focus on other aspects. They can even be jumping off points for interesting ideas at times, creating incidental stories that fuel my imagination.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017

I really, really like a lot of the descriptions for Tarkus.

Reactions: ShySquare

muertos69

Apr 5, 2019
I read everything at least once as I first encounter it, then start skimming everything except the sex scenes I like.