Votes: 3 7.3%
  • No, TiTsEd is more convenient

Votes: 23 56.1%
  • No, I'm playing the game as intended

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters

SpicyShino

Sep 9, 2015
Personally I use TiTsEd for most things, but I like using Minerva for the more advanced stuff like adding flags or altering descriptions. Also I added a few items to Anno's shop for convenience's sake.

A few resources for those who didn't know already
Minerva (Online version is best on FireFox) I prefer the Online version because you can Copy/Paste
Save Editing page on Wiki A rundown for save variables
Global Values list Values for body parts, item flags, etc.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
Same, if a problem is greater than TITSed then I poke it with Minerva. I use them both depending on the problem.

SpicyShino

Sep 9, 2015
@eveoflife
Did you notice they added "HasUniqueName" to the item values?
I've been playing around with it to see what it can do. For the most part it seems to enable edits on the Name values.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
@eveoflife
Did you notice they added "HasUniqueName" to the item values?
I've been playing around with it to see what it can do. For the most part it seems to enable edits on the Name values.
Haven't messed with names of items, unless I was just adding them in. I generally just explore til I found what I wanted to change.

adev

Apr 27, 2017
Careful with that,,, hasUniqueName was added to fix an inventory issue with milk bags - it enables the saving/loading of the shortName property.
Generally speaking changing the name of items might break stuff - I have pestered jacques already to remove some reliance on the name for object id purposes but there is still code that tests object names against fixed strings.

SpicyShino

Sep 9, 2015
Careful with that,,, hasUniqueName was added to fix an inventory issue with milk bags - it enables the saving/loading of the shortName property.
Generally speaking changing the name of items might break stuff - I have pestered jacques already to remove some reliance on the name for object id purposes but there is still code that tests object names against fixed strings.

Thanks I was curious why they added that. But what types of strings are you referring too?
I haven't run into any serious errors with the items I have saved, but I'd like to avoid anything catastrophic.
The first thing that comes to mind are quest or trade items like Flowers and Honey.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I've not completely written .minerva off completely but it's become harder as flash becomes more outdated and save files become heavier for browsers to properly handle them. I'd vote, but "titsed is more convenient" doesn't quite cover my response.

adev

Apr 27, 2017
I haven't run into any serious errors with the items I have saved, but I'd like to avoid anything catastrophic.
The first thing that comes to mind are quest or trade items like Flowers and Honey.

Historically it was quite bad as a lot of code responsible for using, selling or giving items to npc would rely on the shortName property.
With the removal of the problematic hasItem/removeItem variants the situation has gotten much better but there are still many instances of testing against the empty string (instead of EmtpySlot) for clothing/weapons status.
There are also some isolated tests for bounty bra, goo armor, rock, pink leash and bess' code has some fixed weapons names.

if you want every gory detail you need to search the source code

Reactions: SpicyShino

SpicyShino

Sep 9, 2015
Historically it was quite bad as a lot of code responsible for using, selling or giving items to npc would rely on the shortName property.
With the removal of the problematic hasItem/removeItem variants the situation has gotten much better but there are still many instances of testing against the empty string (instead of EmtpySlot) for clothing/weapons status.
There are also some isolated tests for bounty bra, goo armor, rock, pink leash and bess' code has some fixed weapons names.

if you want every gory detail you need to search the source code

That makes sense. Good thing I've been dropping custom items then.
But I did give Reaha that custom outfit. Hopefully that doesn't bite me in the butt.

SpicyShino

Sep 9, 2015
I've not completely written .minerva off completely but it's become harder as flash becomes more outdated and save files become heavier for browsers to properly handle them. I'd vote, but "titsed is more convenient" doesn't quite cover my response.
I didn't really leave much middle ground there, but I doubt there's anyone who solely uses Minerva anymore now that TiTsEd has become so dependable.
But if Minerva has become too bothersome to use consistently choose "No, TiTsEd", or if you still use it from time to time or for specific things just pick a Yes response.

[EDIT] If you don't mind me asking what is your avatar pic exactly? I can't quite make it out.

SpicyShino

Sep 9, 2015
@XBoxMaster131
Yeah TitsEd is definitely the answer for stuff like that. Minerva is best used for what TiTsEd doesn't do, like unavailable body part and fluid values or transferring parts from one save to another.