How do you view TiTs?

Do you think TiTs is a sex game with sci-fi elements or a sci-fi game with sex game elements

• Total voters

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
I've noticed in the past that some people got angry over a multitude of things in TiTs and their main complaint would usually consist of "This is a sex based game and shouldn't have *blank* or shouldn't be so difficult to do *blank*." I personally have always viewed TiTs as a sci-fi game with a lot of sex game content. The reason being, I've always felt that the TiTs universe was too large and complex to just chalk it all up as "just a sex game". The reason I've decided to set up this poll was to see if I shared my opinion with the majority or if I happened to be in the minority.

There really isn't a wrong or right answer to this poll I'm just curious.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I've noticed in the past that some people got angry over a multitude of things in TiTs and their main complaint would usually consist of "This is a sex based game and shouldn't have *blank* or shouldn't be so difficult to do *blank*." I personally have always viewed TiTs as a sci-fi game with a lot of sex game content. The reason being, I've always felt that the TiTs universe was too large and complex to just chalk it all up as "just a sex game". The reason I've decided to set up this poll was to see if I shared my opinion with the majority or if I happened to be in the minority.

You're not really looking at what TiTS is.

When people are trying suggest elements like, as a recent example, reloading and ammo counting, they're trying to translate a visual aspect of a game to a text-based game. Its an incompatible element. That's what people are pointing out. And as for "Its not difficult to add", its obvious that they have no idea how much of a clusterfuck coding can be and how easy it can be to screw something up.

But no, TiTS isn't a sex game with sci-fi elements, nor is it a sci-fi game with sex elements. Its a story about someone looking to claim their inheritance. The goal isn't to bang their way across the galaxy. It isn't to stop some evil corporation. Its just someone being sent out to get some experience and to learn the value of what they're going to inherit. Victor probably saw how Jack/Jill would probably end up, spoiled rotten and never learning the real value of anything important, all thanks to Maximillian. Its about following in Victor's footsteps. The sex and sci-fi is just incidental.

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
You're not really looking at what TiTS is.

When people are trying suggest elements like, as a recent example, reloading and ammo counting, they're trying to translate a visual aspect of a game to a text-based game. Its an incompatible element. That's what people are pointing out. And as for "Its not difficult to add", its obvious that they have no idea how much of a clusterfuck coding can be and how easy it can be to screw something up.

But no, TiTS isn't a sex game with sci-fi elements, nor is it a sci-fi game with sex elements. Its a story about someone looking to claim their inheritance. The goal isn't to bang their way across the galaxy. It isn't to stop some evil corporation. Its just someone being sent out to get some experience and to learn the value of what they're going to inherit. Victor probably saw how Jack/Jill would probably end up, spoiled rotten and never learning the real value of anything important, all thanks to Maximillian. Its about following in Victor's footsteps. The sex and sci-fi is just incidental.

That's a good take on this. Thanks for the response.

Reactions: Natetheman223
A

Athena

It's clearly the former, but there's enough content currently that it can be played as the later. I'm generally more interested in the game from a roleplaying point of view, where I can explore different ideas and viewpoints while utilizing its extensive character customization features. Considering I initially found it because I was looking for sci-fi RPGs where I could play from the point of view of an alien, I've so far been satisfied.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
It's very much a sex game with some minor RPG elements. One type of content eclipses the other.

Slab Bulkhead

Creator
Oct 10, 2015
I mostly agree with Evil, and I don't think TiTS is a straight-up either-or sort of game. The game's greater than the sum of its parts, no matter how big those parts are. But a big part of what makes TiTS a good game and worth playing is that you could take out all the sex and you'd still have a solid sci-fi text-based adventure game.

One that was seriously set on sexually frustrating its players, since there'd be so much content based on sex and leading up to it and then there's no sex. But still.

Stemwinder

Jun 15, 2018
-Maybe- from Myrellion onward but the game doesn't have nearly enough nonsexual content to stand on its own. There are only a handful of quests on each planet and most NPCs are just sex scene hubs, you'd quickly run out of things to do if you tried to play it as a normal RPG.

Reactions: gena138