How crits work?

Titanio

Aug 15, 2020
Hello, i just wanted to know how crits work in the game and what stat affect this mechanic. Also what items and equipment do you recomend me that gives me more chances to crit. Thats all, thank you for you time.

Sorry if my english is bad, its not my main language

Edit: i also wanted to know if crits only work on basic attacks or also work on skills

Last edited:

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Cunning is the stat that increases both your chance of getting criticals and how much damage they do so. Consequently an easy way to increase your Critical Chance is to drink some of Garth's Honey Mead because the boon it gives maximizes Cunning for the duration. Ihzalti's Good Fortune boon also boosts Critical Chance.

There are also perks that affect Critical Chance; the Thief perk Sharpen Blades gives the entire party a +10 chance for twelve hours after sleeping, the Black Mage's Arcane Strike raises their Critical Chance (for spellcasting only) by half their Willpower stat and Brint/Brienne's Frenzy gives them a fixed boost to Critical Chance among its other effects.

Weapons can also increase Critical Chance but the bonuses they grant are generally applied only to attacks made with the weapon. If the weapon also has the Catalyst tag, the crit bonus will also be applied to spellcasting. Some equipment also has special properties relating to critical damage (whether you're inflicting or receiving it) like the Balanced Blade where crits do more damage and the Hornet Ring which gives a nice boost to your Critical Chance but whenever you do land one your breasts grow.

EDIT: In case it wasn't clear, Critical Chance does apply to non-spellcasting Powers as well, not just basic attacks, with the caveats about how weapon-based bonuses to the crit rate work.

Last edited:

Titanio

Aug 15, 2020
Cunning is the stat that increases both your chance of getting Criticals and how much damage they do so. Consequently an easy way to increase your chances to crit is to drink some of Garth's Honey Mead because the boon it gives maximizes Cunning for the duration. Ihzalti's Good Fortune boon also boosts Critical chance.

There are also perks that affect Critical chance, the Thief perk Sharpen Blades gives the entire party a +10 chance for twelve hours after sleeping, the Black Mage's Arcane Strike raises their Critical chance (for spellcasting only) by half their Willpower stat and Brint/Brienne's Frenzy gives them a fixed boost to their Critical chance among its other effects.

Weapons can also increase your chance but the bonuses they grant are applied only to attacks made with the weapon. If the weapon also has the Catalyst tag, the Critical bonus will also be applied to spellcasting. Some equipment also has special properties relating to Critical damage (whether you're inflicting or receiving it) like the Balanced Blade where crits do more damage and the Hornet Ring which gives a nice boost to your critical rate but whenever you do land one your breasts grow.
Thx for the answer

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
high accuracy also contributes to crits

TheShepard256

Shields grant critical hit immunity, so you can't crit against enemies who have a shield equipped; conversely, enemies can't crit against you if you have a shield equipped.

Also, AFAICT, everything that deals any sort of damage (including the various types of Resolve damage and even healing) are capable of critting unless it's a passive/DoT effect (e.g. from a perk or status effect) or the ability explicitly states it can't crit. That means basic weapon and tease attacks, and the majority of all powers that deal or heal damage, can crit.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Also, AFAICT, everything that deals any sort of damage (including the various types of Resolve damage and even healing) are capable of critting unless it's a passive/DoT effect (e.g. from a perk or status effect) or the ability explicitly states it can't crit. That means basic weapon and tease attacks, and the majority of all powers that deal or heal damage, can crit.

Correct. Any time an Accuracy roll is made, and any time you restore Health using a power, you have a CritChance. That's a straight percentage chance of a Critical Hit.

high accuracy also contributes to crits

Yes. If your Accuracy roll (a random number between 1 and 100) + your total (Accuracy - enemy's dodge stat) is 120 or higher, you land a crit before CritChance is even rolled.