House of Carnal Mysteries (Early Development)

Aug 28, 2015
PREMISE: A puzzle-heavy RPG (somewhere between Maniac Mansion and So You Want To Be A Hero) where you explore an old house, uncover its sordid secrets, and romance the nearby townspeople.

PLOT: You are Mx. Beauchard, the adopted "grandchild" of Charisse Beauchard, last surviving heir to the Beauchard estate.  She has recently passed on, leaving you the entire estate as it sits in a small town.  You arrive at the estate to find that it has been abandoned for decades.  Covered in dust and decay, the house will require a great amount of work to restore to its former glory and find the reason behind the mysterious disappearance of Charisse's parents.  Or you can ignore the mystery, and just screw around with all of the erotically enchanted artifacts they left behind.  Up to you, really.

FETISHES: HoCM is intended to be "general appeal", and several fetishes will show up in at least limited quantities, but these are the main focus:

• Magical/"mad science" transformations - mostly with emphasis on size, including gigantism/miniaturization and increase or decrease in body part size.  This will also include the ability to change primary and secondary sex characteristics, and add additional body parts (mainly in the vein of "furry" content, but we're looking into multiple limbs as well).  These will definitely be usable on the player, but we are also looking into the viability of using some of them on companion characters.
  • Harem collection - the game will feature a large and diverse cast of characters (several races and genders), almost all of whom can be romanced and moved into the house.  (We're striving for a wide variety of pairing options, with equal opportunity to play M/M, M/F, F/M, or F/F, as well as options involving nonbinary characters.)
  • Various sexual positions - oral, anal, 69, probably titfucking, etc.  Maybe even some missionary.
Fetishes with limited use or access will include threesomes, corruption, blood play, rape, and vore.

DEVELOPER'S BLOG: http://abnormalhairgrowth.blogspot.com

As the game is still in early development, screenshots are not available.

Aug 28, 2015
Progress is coming pretty smoothly.  The character roster is about 70% complete, the rough house layout is done, and I've begun work on tilesets and character portraits.  This is unfortunately the hardest part for me, because I have strained tendons (probably tendonitis) and CTS in my dominant arm, so I have to employ a lot of tricks to get these made without injuring myself worse.  But we'll have some pretties ready for Sunday's update.

Edit: In case anyone pops in here in the next few hours, Sunday's update is queued and it's got some eye candy for you!  I hope you guys enjoy the artwork as much as I am this far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 28, 2015
In case anybody's interested, the latest update on the HoCM blog has a good amount of info on it, covering stuff I worked on over the past week as well as a breakdown of some basic body mechanics.  There's even a snippet from a sex scene in there, so you can see if my writing style floats your boat.

I'm open to any critique or questions as well - you can post them here or as a comment on the latest blog post, either one's cool.