Horns over Feelers (/Antennae)?

B1gR3d

Oct 8, 2020
So I was save-scumming to get the Myr Venom transformative, since I don't know how to save edit, and came across something that kinda seems like a glitch. Being post-Amazon transformation, I've got some bitchin horns I'm a big fan of, but every time I farm a terran treat to reset all the insect qualities I get on the way to getting the venom, I get an issue. The wiki says that both antennae / feelers AND horns both have a 25% chance of being removed by terran treats, but out of 30 or so resets, it has removed the horns before the feelers every single time. Is there something in the code that prioritizes removing horns over antennae? And if so, could it be changed and/or are there any transformatives JUST for getting new horns?

TheShepard256

Is there something in the code that prioritizes removing horns over antennae?
Yes; it checks for both horns and antennae when proccing that TF, but once it's procced, it only checks for horns. If they're there, they get removed; otherwise, the antennae get removed.
And if so, could it be changed and/or are there any transformatives JUST for getting new horns?
There is the possibility of adding a random component as to which one gets removed, but that's a decision for the devs to make. As for getting new horns, Hornitol is the only TF designed primarily to gain new ones, but it only gives a single rhino or narwhal horn (though repeated usage can give multiple rhino horns). If you want to get a set of large bovine horns, I'd recommend save-scumming Holstaria instead (you might be at it for a while, since a single use picks one from a list of up to 21 possible TFs depending on your appearance).

Reactions: ChromaTaphore

B1gR3d

Oct 8, 2020
Thanks guys! I ended up just building up Minocharge after removing everything but the human qualities, then just re-feminized myself since it doesn't change all that much overall compared to Holstaria or Lucifer.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
It's too late now, I suppose, but ReductPro can remove antennae without any side-effects.