High CPU usage?

btob

May 13, 2020
I noticed that both the Brave Browser (Chrome under the hood) and Firefox are seeing high CPU usage while idle. Sitting at the quests screen I am using almost an entire core on a Ryzen 3900X in Brave and two in Firefox!

Now that I have noticed it, I am doing some more profiling.

Loading a game goes right into heavy usage. Moving around doesn't seems to make it go up or down, and going to the main screen drops usage almost to zero. Quickly creating a new character does go back to a steady load, but not to the same level (about half). I assumed it increases as you character acquires more details this load slowly increases.

I loaded several saved from disk and sure enough, as the game progressed I see a higher and higher idle load.

Ideas?

Upcast Drake

May 27, 2017
Southeast USA
Some of the UI screens are not optimized very well and basically just continuously re-render themselves. It's mostly things like the inventory/shops/journal. If you're just at the regular game text screen it shouldn't be idling very high. Luckily you have 12 cores so one getting chewed up shouldn't make too big a difference :p

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I just sacrificed a catgirl virgin to the React dark gods and I think I'll have a fix for next release. It didn't make my pp bigger tho :(
Clearly you've gotta find yourself some better dark gods. I mean, if you're gonna give them a virgin catgirl sacrifice and they don't offer you a minotaur dong as an added bonus along with the UI fix, they're doing it wrong and you should take your business elsewhere.

Reactions: QualityCuntrol

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Clearly you've gotta find yourself some better dark gods. I mean, if you're gonna give them a virgin catgirl sacrifice and they don't offer you a minotaur dong as an added bonus along with the UI fix, they're doing it wrong and you should take your business elsewhere.
Yeah, I mean, if you can't handle a bigger load, what are we even doing here?

btob

May 13, 2020
Hahaha! I was referencing the 3900X just top re-assure I wasn't running on a potato, but. ^__^ hahaha, got me!

I can confirm that leaving "town" drops CPU usage! Alright, cool, I will ignore it.

Thanks!

P.S. It's alright if there is some input lag, I won't rage quit if I am spawn killed. ;)