Help with Saving to File

Nov 4, 2023
I'm probably just missing something obvious here, but I'm having trouble saving to file from the browser version of TiTS (I'm on Firefox on an ipad if that matters) so that I can play on my android phone. When I click Save to File, it just sends me to another webpage with a huge page of text, but doesn't download anything. What am I supposed to do with that? I tried googling for an answer, but all I got was questions about managing the save files after it's already been downloaded.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
When I use Save to File in Firefox, it opens a window asking me where to save.

If you go to Tools -> Settings -> General and scroll down to Downloads, what does it say?

The 'webpage' might be the save itself. If so, you might be able to copy-paste it into a text file and save it as a JSON.

Nov 4, 2023
My Downloads is empty.

To save it manually, what app should I use? The only text editor on my ipad (that I know of) is Google Docs; would that work?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I meant, if you check the Firefox Downloads settings, what does it say? Changing the settings might help.

Google Docs might work. I don't know enough about it to say for sure. You might also have to download a text editor. I'd check the settings first.

Can you provide a sample or screenshot of the webpage that opens? I could probably tell if it's the save.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2023
My Firefox settings don't have any settings for downloads and Docs apparently can only save things locally as .docx files, so I downloaded a text editor that could save as a JSON file, but when I tried to load it on my phone it said "The selected file could not be loaded. Feel free to report an issue to us and attach the save in question. Error: Unable to find classInstance with name Flurry".

I'm starting to think it might be easier to just start a new save; I have been meaning to try out a Treated bimbo psyker.

I've attached a screenshot of the webpage.

Attachments

• EA5ED9AD-8ABD-473E-AFC1-02E01A589328.png
    EA5ED9AD-8ABD-473E-AFC1-02E01A589328.png
    706 KB · Views: 2

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
That is definitely the save. It should work as a JSON, unless it's missing something, for some reason. Can you load it on your ipad? I'm guessing not, but...

Using the excuse to try a new character isn't a bad idea, but being able to move saves between devices would be useful, regardless.

Maybe Firefox needs permissions? I admit to just throwing things at the wall, as it were.

Nov 4, 2023
It loads fine on the ipad. Hm, could it be because on my phone I'm using the downloadable Android version, not the browser version? Maybe the save file are slightly different?

Nov 4, 2023
It's version 0.9.076-PUBLIC-ANDROID#4002. I just downloaded it the other day, so unless there was just an update, it should be up to date.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Latest Public Browser is 0.9.078-PUBLIC#4063.

When I went to test the downloads, I got TiTS-public-0.9.078-android. No idea how you got behind, but I bet that's your problem.