Help me brainstorm lore accurate orc names

Off The Record

Mar 26, 2021
I want to give a lore accurate name to my fem orc, but I'm having trouble figuring out the linguistic patterns behind orc names in CoC2. These are the current orc names in the game:

Argoth
Arona
Grettel
Hretha
Infrith
Ogrish
Ragnild
Rroljar
Vaush

Ragnild and Rroljar seem to share a Norse suffixes, but the others don't.

Bomber_Ted

Jun 10, 2022
Island orcs are primarily inspired by Vikings, so a Norse name would be fitting. Heartland orcs are more of an unknown, but they share a common cultural heritage with the island orcs so I'm going to assume that they've also got plenty of Norse names. They'd probably get a lot of different names from different cultures mixed in from raiding and taking thralls along the fringes of Belhar for most of their history, so find a name that you think is sufficiently Bronze or Iron Age and roll with it.

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
Whenever I look for names for these games I always use the site https://www.behindthename.com/.
There are also some Orc Name generators, but those have their own naming convention.
Also, I got Chatgpt to generate names based on the previous names. Here is what it came up with.
  • Theldra
  • Karric
  • Ysaria
  • Brondor
  • Saela
  • Drystan
  • Elaria
  • Vorin
  • Grenda
  • Thalric
  • Lysander
  • Freylin
  • Eirik
  • Malara
  • Norgrim

Reactions: Off The Record

Gutts

Sep 19, 2016
For male orc I usually go with Magnus. It is a Latin name that is popular in modern day Sweden(also the name of a character I like). Female is a bit more difficult for me but in the past when I have role-played a Norse themed female character I went with Sigrún