Help, how do I commission someone?

Banana212

Dec 19, 2017
Hello all,

So, I've been playing RPG's with one of my friends for well over six years at this point. One of our favorite campaigns to date was set in the TiTs universe, and for his birthday I would very much like to commission his character and some NPC's. However, I haven't got the slightest clue how to go about doing this. What are some good places to find artists for these kinds of commissions?

His birthday is a few months, so anything that requires raffles or the like isn't something I'd like to go for. That being said, I am willing to pay extra if that means it gets done neatly and on time.
Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I would like to commission an artist for a piece of adult art with multiple characters. This is for a very dear friend, so I'm willing to pay a sizable price for this.

Thanks!

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
- Look for an artist who is offering a commission. Just go through the art forum and read through threads. Might also be an idea of seeing what kind of art style your friend likes.
- Send them a polite message, saying something along the lines of "Hello, I saw you were offering a commission and I was wondering if you might be interesting in taking mine. Here is a rough brief that I was thinking of, and so you can let me know of the estimated price. Like me know if you need any references. Thank you kindly, <insert name here>"
- Discuss the artist's preferred payment. If they want the full payment up front, they pay it. If its half now, half on delivery, then pay it that way.
- Also realise that the artist might have a waiting list. And just let them now when you'd like the piece to be done.

Banana212

Dec 19, 2017
Whats your price range?

Somewhere between $100,- and $150,- perhaps slightly higher. I don't have that money right now (because works is taking it's sweet time paying me), but assuming I could pay somewhere in the next month or so that would be my budget.