Help! Cant save!

Youngfun

Sep 15, 2016
Ive been playing coc for almost 3 years now and have beaten the final dungeon quite a few times. however after taking a several month hiatus I have returned to find all of my save files not working. Selecting load from file brings up the stat bar with all 0s and Nan for the date and time and no buttons on the bottom bar. I even made a new character and saved him to a file and the same thing happened. What has happened and what can I do to fix this? Help!

Ps Im playing version 1.0.2 downloaded off of this very site and saving the files to the same folder as the game. Dunno if this helps but there you go.

Youngfun

Sep 15, 2016
Just tried doing this and got the same result. upon further testing though it looks as though the saves just refuse to load. The stat bar thing happens the second i select load from file and clicking on the saves does nothing.

JDhentai1

Sep 16, 2016
Same problem here. I have 1.02 downloaded and I have been playing for a very long time. However since recently I don't have any saves availabe and when I try to load a backup save I get zero's and NaN's like OP.

I'm on Chrome and I've tried IE and Firefox but I get the same problem there.

I even tried saving and loading a new game but that didn't work either.

Atrus

Feb 19, 2016
Going to hazard a guess that Windows 10 update is the culprit here.

An annoying workaround is loading your save file into the save editor software. In the editor you save it to one of the browser slots.

Saving has no issue but loading from a non browser save is FUBARed.

JDhentai1

Sep 16, 2016
Tried it but it doesn't work. It doesn't show any of the browser slots at all, not even ones that are saved through the editor and placed in that folder.

I've been using Windows 10 for a couple of months now and I was able to play the game last week. I do recall having to update my Windows yesterday, that might be the culprit?

Update:

• Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows kernel, and Adobe Flash Player.

Last edited by a moderator:

KnucklePunch

Sep 19, 2016
It also doesnt work for me, and i dont have windows 10, but windows 7.

But i did update flash player recently. Maybe the problem is there. And before you say corrupted saves, I created a new one with new character and it still wont load from file.

But this problem is not related to TiTS, there it works.

Youngfun

Sep 15, 2016
I'm also using windows 7 AND can get TITS to work just fine. Can anyone confirm that something in the last few updates have fucked up the coc saves? And if so why hasn't this effected Trials at all? Don't they use the same kind of save files?

Project129

Sep 21, 2016
On this thread @KnightOwl says flash has changed to save folder. Maybe that's it

I doubt that is it. But if anyone can help find the folder where they moved those files that would be appreciated.

However, this new security update made all of my SAV files no longer useful in any capacity. Not a single one of my previous installments of C.O.C. is working with load from file either.

EDIT: Also, cannot seem to locate my local saves anymore either, so there goes using that to back it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
it's for all users of flash after it update. I got win 8.1 and still needed to move tits saves to this new folder for them to work.

Garn

May 30, 2016
Having the same problem. I can't load saved files but I can load slot saves. I can find the files fine but it just won't load them; all the stats are just blank, time says na/na and the only options are the load and load file buttons. Tried IE, Chrome and Firefox. Weirdly it seems to work fine in MPC although that does mean some of my keys can't be used to type since they are linked to shortcuts.

JDhentai1

Sep 16, 2016
For those struggling with locally saved files, you can import your files into the COC editor and save them to LocalWithNet folder. This way you can at least play.

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015
For whatever reason, Load File doesn't seem to work anymore if you're playing through a browser, and you just get a blank screen with the stats at value 0. Instead, try running the game in a standalone flash player. Use Flash Player Projector to run the .swf and Load File should work.