Hear me out..

Paper doll giving a glimpse into your PC looks

• Total voters

CartoonSnake

Nov 8, 2017
I'm surely not the only one who wants ( or has requested ) this.. a paperdoll of the PC?
I'm aware of how awkward this would be as the number of mods a PC can get, it would cause chaos but it would add a layer to the game in my opinion. Thoughts?

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
So you essentially want a character viewer, right? I don't think that's going to happen. Would be nice though.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Definitely won't happen. The sheer number of variations would blow the mind of any artist who might contemplate it. Basically, you're not asking an artist to take on the work, you're asking to take on a project for years.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
This existed once, in CoC1. It was neat, but also INSANE amounts of work for the artists, so nobody is ever going to add it to TiTS( Or CoC2 for that matter) because they know that down that road only insanity lies

Reactions: Charm and Zavos

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Didn't check to see if it was asked before.

Reactions: Karretch

CartoonSnake

Nov 8, 2017
Next time, "ask" in the What content would you like added? thread so it can be ignored alongside the countless other concepts that people are unwilling to invest effort into.

Read the idea subforum pins.

Alright, didn't really need that attitude though.
Far as I'm concerned, it was an 'idea'.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
Alright, didn't really need that attitude though.
Far as I'm concerned, it was an 'idea'.

Next time read the pinned messages:

Hello. Your idea is bad.

The idea subforum is here for two joint purposes; first, throwing shit at the wall by a bunch of people who have no actual desire to go through with it and write it themselves. These people are just here to raise their post counts, as they certainly won't inspire anyone outside of, MAYBE, discussion on various abilities and other non-character/submission things. Second; for authors to refine their content in hopes of one day writing it.

As you might imagine we only really get one sort of poster here. Your would-be idea will likely be ignored if not outright mocked and, let's be honest here, even if you come in with a plan to actually do it you're going to flake, aren't you? It's a daunting task made all the worse by the variable nature of TiTs; if there was a single protaganist character you could write for? Sure! A faceless slate with potential-tits and naughty bits? Rather difficult, with the word count easily ranging upwards to five thousand at a simple minimum.

That's a lot of work. It's unlikely you're going to do it. That's fine, just temper your expectations and realize that, hey, you probably aren't gonna inspire anyone.

The Ideas Subforum exists as a place to pitch concepts you intend to work on to the community, receive feedback and criticism on them, and then refine your ideas into a workable outline for the content you're going to be making.

This is not a place to pitch ideas for characters/items/etc. you want, but will not create yourself.

Allow me to explain:

Trials in Tainted Space accepts community content submissions. You don't need to know how to code to submit written content to TiTS (I sure don't!), but having an understanding of the parser we use is a must. There are many, many submission documents you can look at for examples to base your own documents off of. My signature contains a repository of them. Specific writing guides can be found in stickied in Event Submissions.

This subforum is a good place to take an idea you've come up with, and would like to work on yourself, and pitch them. See if it's actually a good idea, first and foremost, and allow other members of the community to suggest ways you could improve your starting idea. This process will help you save time by abandoning bad ideas, and help you to make the best quality submission possible from the ground up. Taking in feedback and making sweeping changes to your content after the fact is much harder than having a great starting point.

Once you have actual writing to share, start a topic in Event Submissions with a link to a publicly-viewable Google Document. This will allow community members to copy edit your work, and for coders to access it and implement it into the game.

Pitching ideas you do not intend to put the time and effort into writing is not the purpose of this subforum. You may do so, but expect a strongly negative response. Nobody is going to write your ideas for you: the people who can write have more ideas of their own than they can ever possibly write already; they don't need or want yours.

The exception to the above is ideas for purely mechanical changes to the game. If you have ideas that would improve the way the game works, combat balance, class features, etc., this is the place to put them up for discussion.

Many have tried. More have requested. All either niffined out from the attempt or effort to push the agenda.

As much as I would like a viewer - only to see if I could break it with my hyper-sized self later? The technical impracticality alone an sheer myriads of permutations the PC can take on would force a creator to drugs or suicide. ;> Most, unfortunately - disappear in a whimper to never be seen again. That alone makes me think that they saw the face of Cthulhu at one point or another and then either niffined out or committed suicide. None of us have actually witnessed the phenomenon... <.<...>.>...o_O :eek:

This existed once, in CoC1. It was neat, but also INSANE amounts of work for the artists, so nobody is ever going to add it to TiTS( Or CoC2 for that matter) because they know that down that road only insanity lies

It was insanely complex. It suffered from trying to decrypt the tangled, circuitous code/save files. It couldn't accurately represent all possible iterations a character could go through. It more often than not also corrupted your save files as it read them. It fell out of favor though it's still out there in the ether... if you look. But be it on your own head if you do. You're staring into the pit of madness. This one stares back!