Having issues with the forums

critlocked

Apr 21, 2016
Hey all, I'm having some serious issues with the forums that's lasted many months now. Whenever I'm logged into the forums the site performs painstakingly slowly, pages fail to load properly - only displaying a white screen, and more often than not I have to refresh multiple times to get any page on the forums website to actually load instead of simply showing white.

However, and I've tested this numerous times, this only happens when I'm logged into the forums. The very second I log out the site performs flawlessly. I've been waiting to see if anyone else has this problem, however it doesn't seem anyone does. I'd very much like to use the forums like every average user again and I have no idea what could be causing this slowdown that only happens when I'm logged into the website. Anyone know what's going on?

Magic Ted

Forum God
Aug 26, 2015
Try deleting cookies, I guess.

You've be best off looking up the issue on XenForo stuff.

critlocked

Apr 21, 2016
So I talked with the Xenforo help forum and was told "If you don't have the issue here or on other XenForo forums the issue is with the site in question. The only one that can fix it is the person that controls the site." I did, indeed, not have the issue there or on other XenForo forums and, just to be safe, I deleted everything I could regarding these forums that might slow me down and, yup, I still have the problem so it seems I'm SOL. :/ Just figured I'd give an update if anyone was having a similar problem or just curious.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
So I talked with the Xenforo help forum and was told "If you don't have the issue here or on other XenForo forums the issue is with the site in question. The only one that can fix it is the person that controls the site." I did, indeed, not have the issue there or on other XenForo forums and, just to be safe, I deleted everything I could regarding these forums that might slow me down and, yup, I still have the problem so it seems I'm SOL. :/ Just figured I'd give an update if anyone was having a similar problem or just curious.

Just a tad curious but have you tried logging into the forums through a different web browser to see if the issue persisted?

critlocked

Apr 21, 2016
Just a tad curious but have you tried logging into the forums through a different web browser to see if the issue persisted?

Yup. I use Chrome, however I did a fresh install of Firefox specifically to test this and I even tried it on Edge and the results are the same on all three browsers, the website doesn't function worth a darn while I'm logged into my account. I get pages that load to a completely white page, pages that don't load and instead just redirect back to the main page, pages that load slowly, and the website even performs slowly whenever I try to reply. I hit the reply button and it takes a while for the pre-made reply quote to appear in the textbox. If I start typing before it does my text ends up all above the quote instead of below it.