HAREMON 0.7 - Monstergirl RPG/VN - New (free!) public release June 2018!

haremondev

Jan 25, 2018
www.patreon.com

UPDATE 6/26/2018: Alpha 0.6 is available for free now on itch, and 0.7 is up for patrons!

Haremon is a hybrid RPG/dating sim where you tame feral monstergirls and train them in battle.
As you spend more time together, you'll develop relationships with them, and eventually fuck them.

The game is currently in early Alpha. A new public build of the game is released early each month.
Support the game on Patreon to access Early builds two weeks earlier, vote for new features, see concept art and progress updates, and more!

Current Features (Alpha 0.6):
- 6 monstergirl species to fight, tame, and seduce
- 5 lewd CGs to unlock
- An engaging JRPG battle system
- 3 dungeons to explore
- Several quests to complete
- Dozens of VN-style scenes

Planned Features:
- Dozens of monstergirl species
- Many more dungeons
- A fleshed-out story
- Multiple CGs per monstergirl
- Lots of lewd stuff!

The newest publicly playable demo is available now!
Download the game for free here!

If you like the demo, the next build is available now on Patreon!
Get it here!

Follow @haremondev for updates!

Last edited:
Reactions: partnerintime

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
Do you do the art yourself? Not a lot of Western artists can really do the anime look all that well but whoever you've got doing yours does a very nice job of it.

Reactions: haremondev

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
And now that I've played the demo I'll say that you've also got a good sense of UI. You might want to include a combat tutorial - it's not tough to figure out but people are used to that sort of handholding. The system itself is fun and intuitive, though, and doesn't rely on menu digging like many others.

The writing's probably the weakest aspect (better than a lot of these games but that's a fairly low hurdle) in the sense that it doesn't stand out and feels like it's nothing more than what you'd expect; namely a somewhat amateurish cruise through some typical sorts of scenes but since it's not purely a visual novel there're other things that make it stand out. The creative font usage is charming.

Yours definitely stands out among all the monstergirl games people are trying to throw together. You should update the OP with some more information about it, though, it's standard on this forum to list what sort of content it has, like what fetishes it may have and what pairings and so on - just to let everyone know whose tastes your game caters do. Like a lot of monster girl stuff has femdom in it so you'd list that if you were planning to include it or specifically say that it won't have that and so on.

haremondev

Jan 25, 2018
www.patreon.com
And now that I've played the demo I'll say that you've also got a good sense of UI. You might want to include a combat tutorial - it's not tough to figure out but people are used to that sort of handholding. The system itself is fun and intuitive, though, and doesn't rely on menu digging like many others.
Tutorial will be in a future update. There's several features of the battle system that may change, so I'm waiting until everything's final before I make a tutorial.

The writing's probably the weakest aspect (better than a lot of these games but that's a fairly low hurdle) in the sense that it doesn't stand out and feels like it's nothing more than what you'd expect; namely a somewhat amateurish cruise through some typical sorts of scenes but since it's not purely a visual novel there're other things that make it stand out. The creative font usage is charming.
Yeahh, I've honestly never been a huge fan of visual novels so my writing is a little stilted and very fucking cliched, but I'm planning to expand most scenes and make them a little less awful in future builds.

Yours definitely stands out among all the monstergirl games people are trying to throw together. You should update the OP with some more information about it, though, it's standard on this forum to list what sort of content it has, like what fetishes it may have and what pairings and so on - just to let everyone know whose tastes your game caters do. Like a lot of monster girl stuff has femdom in it so you'd list that if you were planning to include it or specifically say that it won't have that and so on.
Thanks for the feedback! I'll update the OP in a bit.

Anonymous551005

Jan 30, 2018
This game didn't work for me for a really stupid reason: Text size.

For whatever reason, I found the text difficult to read (font choice? font on background?) and ordinarily I'd just adjust the text size display or resize the window so the text would be larger and hence easier to read, but there wasn't a text size display, and when I resized the window the text box remained the same size, and the text remained small and difficult-to-read.

So I didn't make it to the first fight before giving up on the game with the start of a headache. Sorry about that!

haremondev

Jan 25, 2018
www.patreon.com
Ah, I'm sorry to hear that. The GUI not stretching properly is an issue I'm aware of, and will be fixed in the next release. I'll also put adjustable font size on my to-do list.
Thanks for the feedback, and I hope you'll check the game out again when it's updated!

EDIT: I added a font size option, and also fixed the GUI issue and updated some of the text colors to be a bit brighter. Here's a before-and-after comparison:
h32ezpl.png
EJdhgrb.png
These changes will be in the next free build, due to release on Thursday. Let me know if this might work a little better for you. I'm always open to feedback to make the game more accessible!

Last edited:

Anonymous551005

Jan 30, 2018
I gave the game a try! My problems were solved!

My new problem was that when my first battle started, I got the message

of Create Event
for object obj_battlecontroller:
Pop :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,-1] out of range [1,2] - -5.girlClothed(100067,-1)
at gml_Object_obj_battlecontroller_Create_0
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_battlecontroller_Create_0 (line -1)

And the game stopped working. And since I only had one save slot which overwrote itself after I encountered the battle hex, but before it crashed, I couldn't go back to an earlier save to see if that would work.

Sorry!

Edit - Tried again from the start, encountered another monster, and got I think an identical event: Second time I encountered a monster, the event was...

of Create Event
for object obj_battlecontroller:
Pop :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,-1] out of range [1,2] - -5.girlClothed(100067,-1)
at gml_Object_obj_battlecontroller_Create_0
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_battlecontroller_Create_0 (line -1)

The first of these was in the first region of the Witching Woods before the first quest ended, the second was in the second region.

Last edited:

haremondev

Jan 25, 2018
www.patreon.com
Shit, I'm so sorry. I always seem to miss one crash in a new build.
I uploaded a fixed version to itch. Give it a shot if you're not fed up with the game by now!

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Something happened and I don't seem to be able to complete this quest location:

mtAUqZZ.png

This problem occurred after I spent some time confused as to why a quest location wasn't triggering. Originally I thought I needed one character to reach the quest marker. Then I thought I needed to reach both quest markers. Then I thought I needed both characters there, at least that's what I think I need? It isn't clear what you need to do to clear a map and I've now tested all three options.

Also, do I really need to get the 'stuck' event three times in a row that has an unavoidable affection loss?

Last edited:

haremondev

Jan 25, 2018
www.patreon.com
Hmm... I've played through each quest several times now, and I've never seen a quest tile fail to activate when all your party members are standing on it. I'll look into the issue and see if I can find something. In the meantime, try moving away from the tile and moving back onto it. That might re-trigger the quest.

The game also tries to prohibit the same Event occurring more than once per dungeon level, so I'm not sure how that would have happened... Again, I'll look into it.

Sorry for the bugs, and thanks for your patience! Keep in mind this is early Alpha, so nothing is quite perfect yet.

Last edited:

haremondev

Jan 25, 2018
www.patreon.com
Something happened and I don't seem to be able to complete this quest location
Alright, I figured it out. Turns out that if you activate a tile and then move your mouse, the game tries to activate the tile under your mouse instead of the tile you moved to. (Also applies if you press arrow keys before the transition has completed.) I've fixed it for the next patch.

RuBoo

Aug 26, 2015
...Ran into this twice in a row just now, gonna avoid that specific tile for this run through (Public version 3.0)...

of Create Event
for object obj_vncontroller:

Variable obj_vncontroller.itemWerewolfFur(100279, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_dungeon_gatheritem
stack frame is
gml_Script_dungeon_gatheritem (line -1)
gml_Script_scene_set_info
gml_Object_obj_vncontroller_Create_0

haremondev

Jan 25, 2018
www.patreon.com
...Ran into this twice in a row just now, gonna avoid that specific tile for this run through (Public version 3.0)...

of Create Event

Variable obj_vncontroller.itemWerewolfFur(100279, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_dungeon_gatheritem
stack frame is
gml_Script_dungeon_gatheritem (line -1)
gml_Script_scene_set_info

Huh, that's interesting.
I just checked, and that particular item is meant to be found only in 3-star Gather tiles, which aren't a thing at the moment, so I didn't actually bother to define the item with a value.
However, my guess is you must have used the Luck wish at the well, which adds a star to most tiles, and I didn't think of that possibly leading to obtaining undefined items!
I just uploaded a new build today, but I'll fix this and have it out in the next patch.

Oh, and yeah. New free build on itch! (0.4.2)

buffmuffin

Apr 5, 2016
This isn't my usual cup of tea, an with no fetishes and pairings listed, I'm not entirely sure what to expect, but as it seems to depict reasonably breasted characters, and is available for free, I will give it a try.

If I like the content, will re-download with a purchase price. :p

Edit>> nnng sorry, made it to the woods, don't care for tile or spin games, not my thing. Good luck with the project though.

Last edited:

RuBoo

Aug 26, 2015
Huh, that's interesting.
I just checked, and that particular item is meant to be found only in 3-star Gather tiles, which aren't a thing at the moment, so I didn't actually bother to define the item with a value.
However, my guess is you must have used the Luck wish at the well, which adds a star to most tiles, and I didn't think of that possibly leading to obtaining undefined items!
I just uploaded a new build today, but I'll fix this and have it out in the next patch.

Oh, and yeah. New free build on itch! (0.4.2)
Yeah, that's exactly what it was. Hope the issue I found when trying to load my save from 0.2.3.1 on 0.3 is gone. Then again, if the Bunnygirl has capture text now, I might want to restart just so I can see that...

RuBoo

Aug 26, 2015
...What is this error? Downloaded 0.4.2b a long while ago, but only just started playing...

of Step Event0

Variable obj_vncontroller.bobrads(101157, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_obj_vncontroller_Step_0
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_vncontroller_Step_0 (line -1)

haremondev

Jan 25, 2018
www.patreon.com
...What is this error? Downloaded 0.4.2b a long while ago, but only just started playing...

of Step Event0

Variable obj_vncontroller.bobrads(101157, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_obj_vncontroller_Step_0
stack frame is
gml_Object_obj_vncontroller_Step_0 (line -1)
You'll want to download 0.5.2, which is now available free on itch.

RuBoo

Aug 26, 2015
Now I'm getting this one... In 0.5.2, of course. Autosaves suck.
of Create Event

global variable name 'shroomsRevealed' index (100610) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_scene_set_info
stack frame is
gml_Script_scene_set_info (line -1)

haremondev

Jan 25, 2018
www.patreon.com
Now I'm getting this one... In 0.5.2, of course. Autosaves suck.
of Create Event

global variable name 'shroomsRevealed' index (100610) not set before reading it.
at gml_Script_scene_set_info
stack frame is
gml_Script_scene_set_info (line -1)

Shit, sorry again. Yeah, autosaves taken in dungeon events still seem to have some kinks to work out.

Aroundnight

Jul 19, 2018
I updated to 0.7 from 0.6 and I got this error:

of Step Event0
for object obj_gamecontroller:
Push :: Execution Error - Variable Index [0,4] out of range [1,4] - -5.guildRankQuests(100897,4)
at gml_Script_load_game_v0p6p1
stack frame is
gml_Script_load_game_v0p6p1 (line -1)
gml_Script_load_game
gml_Object_obj_gamecontroller_Step_0

How do I solve this? I don't want to redo the whole thing from scratch :(