Harem, Dark RPG (VXA) game.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
The computer I was using took a massive crash on one of it's drivers and wont even boot now. The computer I'm using to send this message is not available to me a whole lot so expect me to be offline for some time if I can't sneak like around and use this one a lot.
Sorry to hear that! For now I'll keep updating the mechanical guide so players have some idea what to do when the in-game text isn't quite clear enough. Keep me in the loop.

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
will do. My best bet for covert computer ops are after everyone is a sleep but I'll try to avoid that plus I'll be able to check my e-mail when ever so I shouldn't be more absent then normal if I do this right. It will probably just take me longer to get the walkthrough updated is all.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
An update to the update!
Starting to put everything together, combining the images, text and mechaincs into the game itself. Should be in testing before the end of the month, hopefully release within a few days of Feb 5th.

Complete short of assembly: Donna, Angelica, Cindy, Joan/Beta, Fenja/Yvone, Noemi and Fiona's scene. I've bumped Kathleen's priority up as she's another active quest, and I want you all out doing things after the trial arc.

Bubble, but unlikely : Phoebe and Sarah. They're both passive interactions with just talking/scene.

Next month: Naitay, Heather and Fiona's post-quest content/interactions if you didn't capture Fiona in Eowen. Hiro should be back and writing during Feb, and t51b has taken over Fiona, so that will leave me with a relatively short to-do list myself. My current plan is to finish up my odds and ends in Corsix and then start rewriting the tram. If it works out that way; Feb will be 5m4 and March will be the start of chapter 6 as you all take the tram into Denai to track down your AWOL women and go hunting for a few more!

And as always, some teasers from the 5m3 content my patrons are currently enjoying!

5m3 t4.JPG 5m3 t15.JPG

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Already getting great bug reports from my testers, and I hope to be able to release c5m4 to my patrons on or before the 5th. After I do that, I will be releasing c5m3 to the public!

c5m4 preliminary patch notes:
-Unable to leave Corsix and pursue your missing slaves, the player will have time to explore the city himself and meet a few of the locals.
-You'll get access to most of your harem again, giving you a chance to find out what they did while you were incarcerated and maybe meet a few of the people they 'met'.
-Multipart quests for Donna, Fenja, Joan, Cindy and Kathleen.
-An extended post-coital conversation with Angelica about what lays ahead. Well both post-coital and precoital.
-2 new minor slaves are capturable, Yvone and Beta. Although there might be a more profitable use for Beta than having her laze about your home.
-One future slave introduced.
-Currently 287 pages of text added, likely ~50 more before release.
-Currently 211 images, likely ~100 more before release.

Retcons:
-Noemi didn't leave town without saying goodbye. You'll find her in your garrison.

Bug Fixes/Adjustments
-Reduced the number of events in Corsix to smooth performance. Some people will still have performance issues in Corsix, this is just my first stab at fixing, or at least improving, it.
-Smoothed out some transitions in Noemi's 'Doing Time' sequence

And of course, c5m3 teasers from current Patron content. Two are from the game itself, one is from the bonus scenes only available to $25+ patrons.

5m3 t nc8.JPG 5m3 t9.JPG 5m3 t23.JPG

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Over the last few days, I've put in an additional scene for Angelica, and the Fiona scene that my patrons voted for in January. All the content is in, the vast majority of bugs have been found and fixed. We're just doing a final few playthroughs just to make sure.

c5m4 final patch notes
-Unable to leave Corsix and pursue your missing slaves, the player will have time to explore the city himself and meet a few of the locals.
-You'll get access to most of your harem again, giving you a chance to find out what they did while you were incarcerated and maybe meet a few of the people they 'met'.
-An extended post-coital conversation with Angelica about what lays ahead. Well both post-coital and pre-coital.
-2 new minor slaves are capturable, Yvone and Beta. Although there might be a more profitable use for Beta than having her laze about your base.
-8 scenes added to base game, 3 more Non-canon/bonus scenes
-303 pages of text added
-286 images added

Retcons:
-Noemi didn't leave town without saying goodbye. You'll find her in your garrison.

Bug Fixes/Adjustments
-Reduced the number of events in Corsix to smooth performance. Some people will still have performance issues in Corsix, this is just my first stab at fixing, or at least improving, it.
-Various text corrections

Unless there's any unforeseen issue, Harem c5m4 should come out to my patrons in the next few days!

5m3 t8.JPG 5m4 t1.JPG

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Progress continues! During the December poll, my patrons overwhelming voted for a release where the player stayed in Corsix after the trial for a time. This gives you the chance to interact and fuck all of your harem (minus T/S/C) as well as explore Corsix yourself. Several of the slave's quests lead into more quests and two new minor slaves are available to capture in the process!

Harem c5m4 is currently reserved to Patreons pledging $5 or more. If you want to play this new content and support the ongoing development of Harem, please visit my Patreon page at:
patreon.com/user?u=2583450

Harem c5m4 patch notes:
-An extended post-coital conversation with Angelica about what lays ahead. Well both post-coital and pre-coital.
-2 new minor slaves are capturable, Yvone and Beta. Although there might be a more profitable use for Beta than having her laze about your base.
-303 pages of text added
-286 images added

Retcons:
Bug Fixes/Adjustments

And a teaser for the new content!

With Harem c5m4 out to my patrons, c5m3 becomes the public version. Download it at:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3KuKjSbH2FhcE83OTIzUTdrQUE/view

c5m3 content additions:
-Final two slave quests complete, Fiona and Terra. Both are quite lengthy.
-One more visitor at night before the trial!
-Trial sequence finished, find out if your slaves were able to get you freed!
-Jessica is finally added to the Harem. After some paperwork is taken care of...
-Additional scenes for Donna from the Patreon Poll!
-10 or 11 new scenes added in base game
-5 new bonus scenes, 2 available to all, 3 only for $25+ Patrons
-327 imagaes added to game
-278 pages of next text to finish up the primary plot of chapter 5!
-16 new flavor NPCs in Corsix

Bug Fixes/Adjustments
-Removed Ethos # from save screen. Blue screen = light. Red screen = dark
-Added weather affects to all coastal areas.
-Fixed an issue where a dead Ralph entering a brothel = game over
-Fixed an issue with the beach quest and collecting 6+ wine casks.
-Terra has no quest guidance in Corsix
-Alice's face and sprite updated. No additional interactions added.
-If you cross into Corsix with Rhea/Alena and your dark/light, they will be removed from your harem. You will have the chance to recapture them later.
-Moved Cecilia's commissioned series into it's own entry in Replay Scenes

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Harem c5m3.5 released and plans for 6m0

c5m3.5
-Fixed a bug that could cause Sarah’s Corsix quest to freeze.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3KuKjSbH2FhcE83OTIzUTdrQUE

Unless something big pops up, c5m4 will be the last release in chapter 5. There’s a few things left to do in Corsix, but not enough to focus an entire release on it. Hiro will be writing Naitay and Heather’s content, t51b will be writing Fiona’s follow-up and a chance to capture her if you missed her in Eowen. She’s likely to become more plot-important in the tail end of chapter 6 and into 7.

That leaves me with comparatively little to do in Corsix. I have a scene set in mind for Phoebe and there’s a scene to write based on who my patron want to fuck before leaving, but that’s maybe 30-40 pages of my usual 200-250 page/month production. So, I’ve started on chapter 6, the tram ride specifically. It takes you a few days to get through the Corsixan desert and it’s going to be an exciting ride for sure! From there, the quest to recover Terra, Samantha, Cecilia and
is most of chapter 6 main plot.

My goal for c6m0 is to complete the tram, some of the early confrontations with Melony/Betsy and possible get the player into their base in Denai. About 50% of the way done with writing the tram so far

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
Prior computer works now by some form of magic. No idea how but walkthrough should be ready tomorrow. Going to make this count. No idea when this computer will throw a tantrum again.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
A quick status update for you all:

I'm running a few polls on Patreon to help determine the path of Harem for the next few months. Besides the usual extra scene poll, I'm considering making a few of the fetishes in the game more extreme, and would love feedback on it. Also, in chapter 6 I can either focus my work on getting Terra back or evenly divide it between Terra, Samantha, and a mystery slave! These polls can be found at https://www.patreon.com/posts/7958968 and requires a $2+ pledge to support harem!

And for 6m0, progress is excellent. I've already completely rewritten the tram sequence, about 150 pages of content so far, and gotten the base code working for the sequence. Probably spend the next few days on the Denai content itself. Once the player gets to their new base, I'm going to swing around. I'll rewrite Hiro and t51b's content for Corsix, add a scene set for Phoebe and do the extra scene. If there's still time leftover, I'll push back into Denai.

And of course, teasers! These are from the 5m4 content, which my Patrons are currently playing, but won't be released for free until March.

5m4 t1.JPG 5m4 t10.JPG
Good to hear Ikatashi!

ker

Dec 11, 2015
We're making great progress on 6m0 so far. All of the Denai content is written (and mostly coded), Heather and Naitay's Corsix quest is submitted and I'm up to about 100 images. If you've played v1, there's some similarities in the tram, but significant differences throughout. Everything is looking good for an early March release.

Every month I do a poll for my Patrons, asking who they want to get a scene in the next release. You met both Yvone and Beta during the Corsix quests and captured both of them during 5m4 (currently Patron only). Before you leave for Denai, you'll have a chance to give one of them head for the road! Right now, only one vote separates them. If you want to cast your own vote, it only requires a $2+ pledge on my Patreon!
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450

5m4 t14.JPG 5m4 t17.JPG

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
Ok my computer works... only problem I have is a key, namely my R "?" Y key is malfunctioned. (Spell check helped with any ?s missing). So I'll need a different computer for typing or some one is gonna read through the document to replace them.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
6m0 Preliminary patch notes!
Content additions
-The tram is open to bring you into Denai to recover Terra and Samantha. It will not be easy. 6m0 starts that process, 6m1+ will be part of this content.
-Extended interactions with Jessica, Kathleen and Donnie/Tomas both making the coming battles clearer and defining Jessica's role in your harem. The player will have a no-share option for all Jessica + Donnie/Tomas interactions.
-The first of the Denai events, with your explosive entry into this new zone!
-The start of the Fiona's capture path if you didn't capture her in Eowen.
-The conclusion to Sarah, Naitay, Heather and Phoebe's chapter 5 arcs.
-The ability to 'meet' Melony and Betsy personally. And carnally.
-As my patrons voted for her, Beta will get a scene set
-~15 new scenes
-~250 new images
-~300 pages of text

Bug Fixes/Adjustments
-Fixed an issue where you had to stand in the right spot for Donna's 5m4 quest.
-Add in a warning message when text is hidden
-Reduced Shenetore music volume
-Various text corrections in chapters 1-3
Retcon
-Samantha is from Denai, not Corsix.

And as always, a pair of teasers for the 5m4 content that my Patrons have been enjoying for the last month!
5m4 t4.JPG 5m4 t12.JPG

ker

Dec 11, 2015
And Harem c6m0 has entered testing! There's still some writing to do, but everything that's at all complicated in terms of code is fully written, coded and imaged. I started testing late last night, and already getting a lot of great bug reports and getting them fixed.

I normally try to start testing around the 25th, but I had forgotten that February is the short month. It will push back the release of c6m0 a few days. I should be before the 10th, but probably closer than usual to it. And that will also push the public release of 5m4 back until 6m0 is ready.

But I can give you a few more teasers of 5m4 at least!

5m4 t19.JPG 5M4 T20.JPG

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Harem c6m0 final patch notes:

c6m0
Content additions
-The tram is open to bring you into Denai to recover Terra and Samantha. It will not be easy. 6m0 starts that process, 6m1+ will be part of this content.
-Extended interactions with Jessica, Kathleen and Donnie/Tomas both making the coming battles clearer and defining Jessica's role in your harem. The player will have a no-share option for all Jessica + Donnie/Tomas interactions.
-16 new scenes, 2 bonus
-246 new images
-306 new pages of text

Bug Fixes/Adjustments
-Broken the Minor Slave category in Replay Scenes into individual characters
-Reduced damage for Bandit archers
-300+ text corrections throughout the game

Retcon

Wow! Despite February being a short month, a lot of new content coming for 6m0. Should be ready for release in the next day or two! After that's out, I'll update the public version to 5m4.

If you want to play c5m4 immediately and get c6m0 as soon as it comes out, all you have to do is pledge $5 or more to support the development of Harem and you'll get the download links. And there's additional rewards at higher levels of support!

Teasers from c6m0
6m0 t1.JPG 6m0 t4.JPG

ker

Dec 11, 2015
I just released Harem c6m0 to my $5+ Patrons, which starts the chapter 6 events. Having several slaves taken from you during the trial, you find an ally who wants to help you get them back. They arrange for you to travel to the province of Denai, but your opponents haven't been waiting idly for you to arrive...

I just released Harem c6m0 to my $5+ Patrons, which starts the chapter 6 events. Having several slaves taken from you during the trial, you find an ally who wants to help you get them back. They arrange for you to travel to the province of Denai, but your opponents haven't been waiting idly for you to arrive...

If you wish to play the newest content immediately, any pledge of $5 or more will get you instant access to the new content and any other rewards for the tier.

c6m0

Content additions
-16 new scenes, 2 bonus
-246 new images
-306 new pages of text

Bug Fixes/Adjustments

Retcon

I am also upgrading the public version to c5m4. You triumphed against the charges that the Namuhists leveled against you in 5m3, but the tram hasn't arrived to bring you to Denai to track down Terra and Samantha. Your gaze turns to Corsix itself, to see what happened to your slaves during before the trial and if there's any women in Corsix worth adding to your harem.

c5m4
-You’ll get access to most of your harem again, giving you a chance to find out what they did while you were incarcerated and maybe meet a few of the people they 'met'.
-303 pages of text added
-286 images added

Retcons:

Bug Fixes/Adjustments

ker

Dec 11, 2015
A brief 6m1 status update for everyone:

As per an earlier Patreon poll, development will focus on getting Terra back in the harem before branching out to deal with Samantha/Cecilia/Ariel and the other slave being added to the harem during chapter 6. I had hoped to be able to complete Terra’s arc in 6m1, but that might have been optimistic. Looking through what needs to be done, that arc is about 400-500 pages and some 25 scenes. Which is more than I can get done in a month. I will push forward as deep into that path as I can, but it’s probably more realistic to expect getting through the Tenta section and then finishing Terra’s recapture during 6m2 and then starting with the other arcs.

On other news, I’m running another Patreon poll to see which characters get an extra scene for the 6m1 release. I’ve decided to make this one a threesome. There’s a poll running until the end of the 10th to determine which slaves will be part of the final selection. On the 11th I’m going to pair them up as I see fit and put the final selection up to another poll. If you want to participate, it only requires a $2+ pledge. And of course, a $5+ pledge lets you play 6m0 immediately!

And a few teasers of that 6m0 content!
6m0 t6.JPG 6m0 t8.JPG

ker

Dec 11, 2015
6m1 is getting close! All the major plot parts are fully coded and I'm just flushing about a bit of the content now. With any luck it will be in for beta testing by the end of the day and be out for you all to enjoy early in April!

c6m1 preliminary patch notes
Content additions
-The quest to recover Terra begins! You'll have to rely on your new allies to get her back.
-Terra isn't the only slave taken from you in Corsix. Samantha, Cecilia and Rhea/Alena are in Denai and you will get one of them back during 6m1
-A chance to meet the strange Tenta order and learn more about them. Quite a bit more about they're leader, Ulya.
-A new area means new slaves, and you get to start the questing to add Rachel into your harem!
-As my patrons voted for, there will be a new Jessica/Heather threesome scene
-13 new scenes, 2 bonus scenes added
-~250 new images
-~250 new pages of text
Retcon
-Your second fight with Betsy and Melony occurs after you visit your base the first time.

Sorry if I've been doing less posting than normal, but be confident that I've still been working more than full time on Harem. Came down with a bug during March and was feeling very bleh. It was either work on Harem or talk about Harem, and I chose to work on the new content!

And of course, teasers for the 6m0 content. This will become available to the public in about two weeks, but if you want to play it now, a pledge of $5 or more to support the development of Harem will let you play it immediately!

6m0 t10.JPG 6m0 t12.JPG

Sayonara77

Apr 1, 2017
Hey Ker
How do you get these scenes:

Fiona: Proof in the pudding
Donna: There's always a payment (DARK)
Alena: Don't deny who you are (DARK)

I have been desperately trying, but can't get them.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Thank you everyone for the patience while we get the new content ready! We're all hard at work (heh) on getting Harem c6m1 ready for release. Even though t51b's computer blew up this month, we were still able to break 300+ pages of new content and 10+ scenes, so it's going to be a big release!

The teasers are from the new c6m1 content. It should come out in the next few days. If you want to play it ASAP, as well as support the continuing development of Harem, now is a great time to pledge. Any pledge of $5 or more will get you instant access to the c6m0 content and will let you download c6m1 as soon as it gets released.

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450&u

c6m1
Content additions
-The quest to recover Terra begins! You'll have to rely on your new allies to get her back!
-Terra isn't the only slave taken from you in Corsix. Samantha, Cecilia and Rhea/Alena are in Denai and you will get one of them back during 6m1
-A chance to meet the strange Tenta order and learn more about them. Quite a bit more about they're leader, Ulya.
-A new area means new slaves, and you get to start the questing to add Rachel into your harem!
-An additional sidequest line to bring the fight to those hunting you.
-12 new scenes, 2 bonus scenes added
-262 new images
-315 new pages of text

Retcon
-Your second fight with Betsy and Melony occurs after you visit your base the first time.

6m1 t2.JPG 6m1 t4.JPG

The above teasers are from the c6m1 content. When c6m1 comes out, I will update the public version to c6m0, which added the following content:

c6m0
Content additions
-16 new scenes, 2 bonus
-246 new images
-306 new pages of text

Bug Fixes/Adjustments

Retcon

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Hey Ker
How do you get these scenes:

Fiona: Proof in the pudding
Donna: There's always a payment (DARK)
Alena: Don't deny who you are (DARK)

I have been desperately trying, but can't get them.

Fiona - Capture Fiona in Eowen without having the brothel owned and interact with her before entering Corsix.
Donna - Find the necklace in the first cave on a dark route playthrough but give Donna the necklace.
Dark Route Playthrough - During Alena's Corsix quest, choose to fight the kidnappers and the scene will play back after victory. Dark route as Alena is dark only.

Sayonara77

Apr 1, 2017
Fiona - Capture Fiona in Eowen without having the brothel owned and interact with her before entering Corsix.
Donna - Find the necklace in the first cave on a dark route playthrough but give Donna the necklace.
Dark Route Playthrough - During Alena's Corsix quest, choose to fight the kidnappers and the scene will play back after victory. Dark route as Alena is dark only.

Thank you! and in Fiona's case, by corsix you mean lesser corsix?

ker

Dec 11, 2015
Harem c6m1 released to Patrons! Public upgraded to 6m0!

With great pleasure, I release Harem c6m1! This is the first content that starts to reveal more of the complexity underlying each faction's motives. Your enemies and your allies have their own motives and plans, and nobody is telling you exactly what they are. So enjoy, and feel free to try to figure out what everyone actually is!

Download it here! (requires $5+ Pledge)
https://www.patreon.com/posts/8707667

Content additions
-The quest to recover begins! You'll have to rely on your new allies to get her back!
-An additional sidequest line to bring the fight to those hunting you.
-12 new scenes, 2 bonus scenes added
-262 new images
-315 new pages of text

Retcon

Bug Fix
-You will stop getting notifications about the Fiona's Blood Lash quest after turning it in.
6m1 t5.jpg

With a new Patreon version released, the public version gets upgraded to what they were playing, c6m0. c6m0 finishes the last of the sidequests from Corsix before you get on the tram to track down your missing slaves. It's a long trip, and Jessica gets quite a ride during it! You exit the tram in Denai and quickly find out that people are waiting for you there...

Download it here, for free!

c6m0
Content additions
-16 new scenes, 2 bonus
-246 new images
-306 new pages of text

Bug Fixes/Adjustments

Retcon

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
Ahhh I see. Did he plan on continuing? Any word for him at that?

Sorry all for not keeping in touch. I do have computer issues that are constant and won't just go away or virus protection will remove, and wit my "t" key not working (I'm using copy and past to place any ts in any text) It's slows me down. Pluse I have this unfortunate Artist Mentality where if it's not going the way I want or a problem pops up I loose all motivation to keep going for a while.

ker

Dec 11, 2015
And we’re working full time on c6m2 now. The goals for c6m2 will first, get Terra back! Invade the enemies base and free her from their evil clutches. Or put her back into your evil clutches. Up to you, really. There will be time to spend some time with her afterwards, mostly in a bed or dungeon, and fuck a few other characters along the way. That should all be in 6m2, if I finish that and still have time I’m going to start working on Vanessa’s arc. Although even if I get to that, she’ll likely finish 6m2 drugged out of her mind and chained naked to a bed. A win-win all around!

T51bwinterized is going to work on the Cecilia/Samantha arc, where you try to find where Cecilia and Ariel took Samantha after abducting her during the trial. And since it’s Harem, quite a bit of that investigation will take place in a brothel, although a quite classy one this time.

HirotonoRei is going to add more sidequests into the game. You’ll see quite a bit more of Rachel than you have before, literally. You’ll also get a few hints on the mysterious Eldari and work to clean up the mess left by Terra.

Should be an awesome release, as c6m1 was as well. My patrons have been enjoying c6m1 so far and I’ve gotten really good feedback. They’re also getting to choose a threesome scene for c6m2, either Terra and Donna, Naitay and Melony/Betsy, or Sarah and Rhea/Alena. If you want to cast your vote and play the new c6m1 content, swing over to my Patreon page and support the development of Harem!
patreon.com/user?u=2583450

Ikatashi_Paku

Jan 31, 2016
I finished my ch6m1 walkthrough though since I had only the Beta 6 version there are some things missing. But most of what I have should be most of the things in the release so I'm not overly vexed by it.