Harem Collector [RPG Maker VX Ace]

2095conash

Dec 15, 2016
Version 0.36.4 is live!

Get it here!

Changes in this version.

If you'd like to support game development, please consider checking out Bad Kitty Game's Patreon page!

HCLogo.jpg

Harem Collector is an early access, open-world hentai RPG where you play as a destitute adventurer who is nonetheless convinced that he is the greatest Hero of the land. After experiencing an unexpected windfall in the form of a huge mansion, he embarks on a quest to gather a harem of 151 girls to attend to his needs. Soon, he gets involved in an tangle of intertwining plots, fighting off demonic cults, foreign invaders, ancient curses, rogue slavers, and a traitor within his own harem! Will our hero be able to triumph over these adversaries and complete his Harem collection?

Updated 10/10/18: Version 0.36.4! Get it here!

Hentai content includes: Anal, Blowjob, Bondage, Dubious Consent, Harem, Maledom, MFF Threesome, Nonconsent, Tsundere, Unwilling Sexual Slavery, Willing Sexual Slavery.

Limited content contains: Ahegao, Angel, Blackmail, Brother-Sister Incest, Bukkake, Catgirl, Childhood Friend, Corruption, Defloration, Demon, Elf, Exhibitionism, Footjob, Ghost, Humiliation, Maid, Mind Control, MtF Transformation (not the protagonist), Schoolgirl, Shimaidon, Spanking, Stockings, Succubus, Titjob, Twins, Yandere

Current Features
* A large, collectible harem representing a wide variety of personalities, archetypes, and fetishes.
* Over 75 sex scenes.
* 14 recruit-able party members.
* Large, interactive world.
* Challenging combat that rewards careful thinking and planning.
* Limited (and entirely optional) grinding
* A huge assortment of quests.
* Investment opportunities that let you build a financial empire.

Current Progress
Harem Collector is currently about halfway through it's development cycle. We try to update the game every two months (every month for backers), so there is constantly new content to explore.
While most of the hentai artwork in the game is currently done using 3D Custom Girl, we're in the process of replacing all the sex scene images with 2D art.

Screenshots
1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 7.png 8.png 9.png 11.png 13.png 14.png

Official Forum
Devblog
Official Discord
Harem Collector Wiki

If you've enjoyed the game, please consider supporting our Patreon campaign.

Send comments, suggestions, etc to: nomoshing@badkittygames.net

Last edited:

Anomolousrabbit

Jan 15, 2016
I am stuck in 'Looking for a Cure'
The hints scattered around strongly indicate that I should enter a code using the stopped clock. But interacting with the clock just gives the observation that it's stopped and has no hands.
Possibly I need an hour hand as well as a minute hand? That would make sense to be able to set it to a time. But I have scoured the floor and the basement for things to interact with without finding it.

2095conash

Dec 15, 2016
I am stuck in 'Looking for a Cure'
The hints scattered around strongly indicate that I should enter a code using the stopped clock. But interacting with the clock just gives the observation that it's stopped and has no hands.
Possibly I need an hour hand as well as a minute hand? That would make sense to be able to set it to a time. But I have scoured the floor and the basement for things to interact with without finding it.

What is supposed to happen is that on the same floor as the stopped clock there's supposed to be 3 encounters, one when you walk up to the floor (which would require some save file editing to miss), one in front of the clock, and one in the quadrant to the south of the clock. These fights are supposed to each give you one of the three items: The Winding Key, The Minute Hand, and The Hour Hand, and from there you set the clock. If you have checked and the fights aren't there, and you don't have all three items, then you've encountered a bug that I've been trying to identify for awhile now.

Basically, due to some oversights, some quests can cause problems when done as the same day as other quests, while we do our best to try to find and prevent this when it happens often times we have to rely on user reports in order to find them. If you have it, the timetuner can be used to fix the problem as it'll make both of the fights on the floor with the clock (along with a lot of the fights in the basement) appear. If you don't have the timetuner, your only options are to either reload to before you entered the count's manor and do a different quest to end the day, or to send me a copy of your save file and I'll turn the problem switches off so that things will work.

If I may, do you remember what quest(s) you worked on before encounter the count's manor? Even if it was just a scene where you talked to a client (like talking to the noble lady in the Phantom Breaker quest), as I've had a lot of trouble finding which quest it is that causes the problem with 'Looking for the Cure' here.

asestado

Sep 3, 2015
You don't need to know!
I have to say that the game itself isn't bad, and I find quite a good choice to change from 3d art to 2d, never liked the 3d custom girl.

About the game it has some good points, some neutral points and... some bad points.

As the good points you find:

-A large number of characters that you can have in the harem
-Some quests are even funny to play through
-The characters have a personality on their own, even if some are insipid
-There are interesting investments

Neutral points:

-The satisfaction system is kind of... bad, it's a good try but it could be improved a lot. It would be good if some of the satisfaction bonuses could give you more stats, making you stronger, upgrade your investments revenue or even add one or two girls that can only be obtained that way.
-The investment system could be upgraded A LOT. For now you just buy things and... that's mostly it. It would be more interesting if you could choose girls from your harem to administer it so that you could obtain a bonus and that the girl could gain experience of it and increase the money revenue even more. There are many other things that could improve it and make it more funny.
-The time system is a pain, it forces the players to be limited in so many ways... it's not bad that it exists however it would be good if you could just have an option to advance a day.
-The game has a lot of comedy, however when i read some of it i can't stop thinking that some of it could be improved, for example i couldn't stop laughing when i thought that if you had sex with the bunny girl of the bar (it's a trap!) then if she the next day wanted to live in the mansion or stay with you, adding a scene of the try and the reaction of your characters at that point would be priceless, even more in the case of your sister hahaha.
-The game needs a trap as a harem member, even if you don't add any scene for her but just for the laughs, imagine if the protagonist collars a "girl" and when he is about to do something finds that it's a trap. That's kind of hilarious, at least in my head.

Bad points:

-The girls dont have enough interactions, what i mean is that it would be okay if the girls could do something more that just wait that you talk to them or an end day scene (mostly), for example that a girl of your harem decides to rape you, add bad endings to some girls if you aren't careful, add girls that have penalties (like wasting money) or even a lesbian girl that is kind of fucking your harem. This are just recommendations.

-The combat system is too basic, it would be better if you could add something to make it more "unique"

-I kind of expected a "sengoku rance" strategy mode seeing that you are quite influenced with it, a shame that it doesn't exist.

-The main character isn't charismatic, it's kind of hard to make a charismatic character however it is a bad point.

-The treasure/collectables system should be upgraded so that by having the item, every special place shines, not on use as it is now.

-There should be more ways to increase stats of the main character. It would be nice if after every quest you receive an increase in one or more stats.

2095conash

Dec 15, 2016
I have to say that the game itself isn't bad, and I find quite a good choice to change from 3d art to 2d, never liked the 3d custom girl.

About the game it has some good points, some neutral points and... some bad points.

As the good points you find:

-A large number of characters that you can have in the harem
-Some quests are even funny to play through
-The characters have a personality on their own, even if some are insipid
-There are interesting investments

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed these aspects of the game as we do our best to try to try to provide on these points and several others to the best of our ability! We hope that you'll bear with us as we transition to the 2D artwork as getting the artwork done can take a lot of time and we will be prioritizing new scenes/scenes that haven't yet had any kind of artwork.

-The treasure/collectables system should be upgraded so that by having the item, every special place shines, not on use as it is now.
-The time system is a pain, it forces the players to be limited in so many ways... it's not bad that it exists however it would be good if you could just have an option to advance a day.
-The girls dont have enough interactions, what i mean is that it would be okay if the girls could do something more that just wait that you talk to them or an end day scene (mostly), for example that a girl of your harem decides to rape you, add bad endings to some girls if you aren't careful, add girls that have penalties (like wasting money) or even a lesbian girl that is kind of fucking your harem. This are just recommendations.
-The combat system is too basic, it would be better if you could add something to make it more "unique"

Thank you for your comments, please keep in mind that we are constantly working on updating the game to make improvements as we believe best fits with the game. We'll see about adding your suggestion for the dig spots into future release. In regards to advancing time, you may be happy to hear that currently there is a way to do that, outside the Northmarket Manor is a gold chest that contains various dev items, including the 'Timetuner' which on use will advance the day! While the Timetuner won't be in the official release, we do plan to include a way to pass the time as much as the player wishes after they finish the final quest line (currently not in the game). Also, you might be interested to know that while it's not entirely finished, the game features a 'party banter' system, where each day when you reach certain spots in every city two of your current party members will randomly be selected to have a conversation with each other (that will sometimes involve the main character as well), several of the character combinations even have several banters between the two of them, so make sure to mix up your party regularly if you want to find them all! As for the combat system, we're sorry that you feel that it is too basic, though I personally have found the 'Threat' system that this game employs to be unique as I haven't encountered many games that have tied aggro to equipment quite like this game has in the past, as well as the differences and impacts that result from 'damage' vs 'control' type spells but I recognize these do not ultimately change a lot of the more core mechanics of the battle system.

-The game needs a trap as a harem member, even if you don't add any scene for her but just for the laughs, imagine if the protagonist collars a "girl" and when he is about to do something finds that it's a trap. That's kind of hilarious, at least in my head.

Thank you for your interest! While we wouldn't say no to that kind of content, at this time there are no plans to add it to Harem Collector, sorry.

-The satisfaction system is kind of... bad, it's a good try but it could be improved a lot. It would be good if some of the satisfaction bonuses could give you more stats, making you stronger, upgrade your investments revenue or even add one or two girls that can only be obtained that way.
-The investment system could be upgraded A LOT. For now you just buy things and... that's mostly it. It would be more interesting if you could choose girls from your harem to administer it so that you could obtain a bonus and that the girl could gain experience of it and increase the money revenue even more. There are many other things that could improve it and make it more funny.
-I kind of expected a "sengoku rance" strategy mode seeing that you are quite influenced with it, a shame that it doesn't exist.
-There should be more ways to increase stats of the main character. It would be nice if after every quest you receive an increase in one or more stats.

While we understand and appreciate your suggestions, I am sorry to say but these are not in the game design plan. We hope that you understand and are able to enjoy the game none the less, and if they are of great importance to you that you are able to come across games which offer them.

Again, thank you very much for your time and thoughts and hope that your experience with this game overall has been a pleasant one!

Anomolousrabbit

Jan 15, 2016
Thanks for the help. From memory (my memory is not reliable) I spoke to the guard at the Northmarket Count's Mansion and he let me in, but I didn't go in. Then I did the arena.

On time passing, an idea I had was to have certain bars give the option to carouse the day away. Hero fritters away his daily income and a significant chunk of Sil on top of that (500-2000, dependant on level and a random factor), but the day passes.
Party for more than three days in a row and Alina shouts at you.

Last edited:

2095conash

Dec 15, 2016
Thanks for the help. From memory (my memory is not reliable) I spoke to the guard at the Northmarket Count's Mansion and he let me in, but I didn't go in. Then I did the arena.

Hmm.... Interesting... Thanks for the tips, I'll check to see if either of those are causing the bug and if so I'll make sure they're dealt with before the next release!

On time passing, an idea I had was to have certain bars give the option to carouse the day away. Hero fritters away his daily income and a significant chunk of Sil on top of that (500-2000, dependant on level and a random factor), but the day passes.
Party for more than three days in a row and Alina shouts at you.

Thanks for the suggestion, but for various reasons (including something we have planned if you take the way to end the day') I imagine we're probably going to stick with the idea we currently have in mind, sorry!

asestado

Sep 3, 2015
You don't need to know!
We're glad to hear that you enjoyed these aspects of the game as we do our best to try to try to provide on these points and several others to the best of our ability! We hope that you'll bear with us as we transition to the 2D artwork as getting the artwork done can take a lot of time and we will be prioritizing new scenes/scenes that haven't yet had any kind of artwork.

Thank you for your comments, please keep in mind that we are constantly working on updating the game to make improvements as we believe best fits with the game. We'll see about adding your suggestion for the dig spots into future release. In regards to advancing time, you may be happy to hear that currently there is a way to do that, outside the Northmarket Manor is a gold chest that contains various dev items, including the 'Timetuner' which on use will advance the day! While the Timetuner won't be in the official release, we do plan to include a way to pass the time as much as the player wishes after they finish the final quest line (currently not in the game). Also, you might be interested to know that while it's not entirely finished, the game features a 'party banter' system, where each day when you reach certain spots in every city two of your current party members will randomly be selected to have a conversation with each other (that will sometimes involve the main character as well), several of the character combinations even have several banters between the two of them, so make sure to mix up your party regularly if you want to find them all! As for the combat system, we're sorry that you feel that it is too basic, though I personally have found the 'Threat' system that this game employs to be unique as I haven't encountered many games that have tied aggro to equipment quite like this game has in the past, as well as the differences and impacts that result from 'damage' vs 'control' type spells but I recognize these do not ultimately change a lot of the more core mechanics of the battle system.

Thank you for your interest! While we wouldn't say no to that kind of content, at this time there are no plans to add it to Harem Collector, sorry.

While we understand and appreciate your suggestions, I am sorry to say but these are not in the game design plan. We hope that you understand and are able to enjoy the game none the less, and if they are of great importance to you that you are able to come across games which offer them.

Again, thank you very much for your time and thoughts and hope that your experience with this game overall has been a pleasant one!

Don't worry, my only meaning was to give feedback and say what i thought could be better. The experience itself wasn't bad and of course i know that you have development plans so the best thing usually is to just continue what you are doing unless something would be quite good to it and you consider it as such.

Everything i say except the shiny places (which i truly found annoying that i had to use the item every time and would love that updated) is just out of desire to help a bit.

2095conash

Dec 15, 2016
Don't worry, my only meaning was to give feedback and say what i thought could be better. The experience itself wasn't bad and of course i know that you have development plans so the best thing usually is to just continue what you are doing unless something would be quite good to it and you consider it as such.

Everything i say except the shiny places (which i truly found annoying that i had to use the item every time and would love that updated) is just out of desire to help a bit.
Well we definitely appreciate the feedback even if we don't use all of it, it still helps us understand what our fans want as well as gives us new ideas to consider and think about! As for the shiny spots we will be fixing that by the next release.

Anomolousrabbit

Jan 15, 2016
Something broke when I use Newgame+. Not sure if this counts as a bug report since you kinda expect problems with it.
Anyway, I'm a Phantom Knight despite never having gone near the quest related to it, and Eulania is listed in my 'followers' tab.

2095conash

Dec 15, 2016
Something broke when I use Newgame+. Not sure if this counts as a bug report since you kinda expect problems with it.
Anyway, I'm a Phantom Knight despite never having gone near the quest related to it, and Eulania is listed in my 'followers' tab.
Found the bug, the new game+ forces a class swap without checking if you're a Phantom Knight first, so if you start a new game+ as a Warlord you'll end up as Phantom Knight. As a result, since the game has it so that whenever you end the day as a phantom knight Eulania gets +4 affection, it results in her getting added to the followers tab despite her not being recruited yet (there's a similar affection bug with another character that we recently dealt with). I'll make sure it's resolved before the backer mini-release next week, in the meantime last I knew looking at the satisfaction book would reset your class to Warlord so if you want to become a Warlord again you can try using that, though you'll have to get Eulania again if you want to become a Phantom Knight again (her affection will be reset once you naturally recruit her so there's not much point to trying to build up affection before you get her).

Thanks for the report!

Last edited:

Tinman

Aug 30, 2015
Am I right in assuming that the only difference between 23.1 and 24.9 is one new mission and the beginning of the Postman mission? I can't find anything else that's been added.

2095conash

Dec 15, 2016
Am I right in assuming that the only difference between 23.1 and 24.9 is one new mission and the beginning of the Postman mission? I can't find anything else that's been added.
Not entirely, but you're spot on in terms of quests, we're glad to see that there are players who are able to notice those things on their own! There have however been several other additions as well, of which a full list can be found here: http://www.badkittygames.net/nomoshingblog/?p=733 . One example, 'Unity Force' has received a a major overhaul (an in detail explanation can be found here: http://www.badkittygames.net/nomoshingblog/?p=726 ) in short though Unity Force now costs less, lasts the entire battle, and will give any harem member it's used on a new team attack skill where they work with Hero, though Unity force is now single target so choose who you use it on wisely! There's also some new artwork for the Honey Trapper quest if you either seduce or drug Doralice! Speaking of 'Honey Trapper', there's a new investment near Westcastle that might make it a little easier to seduce Doralice. The 0.24 release in general also marks the first release with a couple of additions that I coded to help add a bit more to the status menu and give the Line of Sight system a bit of an upgrade, details on both can be found here: http://www.badkittygames.net/nomoshingblog/?p=729 . Beyond that there's also some more party banter, Kyrie's Ice Armor now persists after battle, and Hit rates above 100% now decrease enemy evasion a bit, though those may not be quite as noticeable as the others. Not to mention fixing several bugs.

While it might have only been one quest, we also tried to include several things that would improve on the game overall with the 0.24 update and are looking to have several more done in time for the backer mini-update coming out next week, along with a new quest if everything works out.

Anomolousrabbit

Jan 15, 2016
The Book thinks I'm a Warlord and e.g. says I can buy Improved Assault, but if I actually do so I end up with Improved Attract instead. This isn't important though since you already fixed the cause.

2095conash

Dec 15, 2016
The Book thinks I'm a Warlord and e.g. says I can buy Improved Assault, but if I actually do so I end up with Improved Attract instead. This isn't important though since you already fixed the cause.
Ah, my mistake, the satisfaction book checks to see if you're a phantom knight, if so it switches you to Warlord and then at the end it switches you back to Phantom Knight, this is so that you can't buy say encourage as a Phantom Knight without having to make the satisfaction book a lot more complicated by constantly checking if you're a Warlord or Phantom Knight mid book.... Though I did notice a bug with how it processes the class change, so thanks for drawing my attention to the satisfaction book!

Still, by the next release we'll make sure that the class chance issue on New Game+ is resolved, thanks again for the report.

Anomolousrabbit

Jan 15, 2016
Have I run into the 'messed up spawn' bug again?

Doing 'research materials' I reach the Vault via the red teleporter (switch behind the bookcase). There's a 'ward' blocking my path that I can't figure out how to get past.
According to the wiki "From there, there is only the boss fight... and your reward.". Should I be encountering a boss in front of said ward?

2095conash

Dec 15, 2016
Have I run into the 'messed up spawn' bug again?

Doing 'research materials' I reach the Vault via the red teleporter (switch behind the bookcase). There's a 'ward' blocking my path that I can't figure out how to get past.
According to the wiki "From there, there is only the boss fight... and your reward.". Should I be encountering a boss in front of said ward?
Ah, there's a bit of an inaccuracy on the wiki then. See back in the magical item storage room (where you got the wand of negate reality or whatever) there are two switches in there, a green one used to activate the teleportor leading to the boss room, and a yellow one to take down the ward blocking your path. Make your way back to the room with all the chests and flip both switches if you haven't (at least the yellow one). Though do be warned that once you flip the yellow switch a bunch of chimera enemies will appear all through the dungeon and try to chase you down if they see you! They can devour your mp and some of the fights have two of them!

Last edited:

2095conash

Dec 15, 2016
Hey everyone! We're coming up to May which for Harem Collector means that we're coming up on the Iron Waifu Grand Tournament 2017!

For those who don't know, in brief it's a tournament that we run on our forums in May, the winner of which will receive their love quest (or equivalent) added to the game later in the year! If you're interested in checking out the round 1 matches in advance feel free to check the announcement post. Do be aware though that both voting will require an account on our forum, though there are no post requirements! Hope to see you all there!

Chris_

Dec 7, 2016
I played the game for a few days, and here I am. I'm going to touch on some individual points, positive and negative...
Starting with the good points, you have created a great adventure in the game. Several hours on easy and hard quests, interesting dialogues and many different characters. Currently, this is the strong point of your game. (... a good lore)
I really liked the investment system, in the bank or in stores and businesses around the game world. Especially with a small rate of interest of the amount invested for the daily return. And one good point to improve is to buy furniture for the mansion. But... this is an erotic game, after all. And this is the next point...

Now speaking of negative points... what I dislike there is no personality change with dialogue choices and actions of the MC.
Another point is in the area of H-scenes. The storyline scenes or later scenes in the mansion with the girls.
In short, there is no interactivity, there are no options to control the action or choose positions. And some scenes involve one fetish that I DO NOT like... BDSM. What displeases me greatly is that MC ALWAYS cum outside, on the girl's body, there is no way to choose inside, or the small number of scenes with the sister, this is a MC personality trait that annoys me...

Last edited:

2095conash

Dec 15, 2016
I played the game for a few days, and here I am. I'm going to touch on some individual points, positive and negative...
Starting with the good points, you have created a great adventure in the game. Several hours on easy and hard quests, interesting dialogues and many different characters. Currently, this is the strong point of your game. (... a good lore)
I really liked the investment system, in the bank or in stores and businesses around the game world. Especially with a small rate of interest of the amount invested for the daily return. And one good point to improve is to buy furniture for the mansion. But... this is an erotic game, after all. And this is the next point...

Now speaking of negative points... what I dislike there is no personality change with dialogue choices and actions of the MC.
Another point is in the area of H-scenes. The storyline scenes or later scenes in the mansion with the girls.
In short, there is no interactivity, there are no options to control the action or choose positions. And some scenes involve one fetish that I DO NOT like... BDSM. What displeases me greatly is that MC ALWAYS cum outside, on the girl's body, there is no way to choose inside, or the small number of scenes with the sister, this is a MC personality trait that annoys me...

Thanks for your feedback, we'll keep it in mind. That said, there probably won't be a lot of interaction with the scenes as every choice that's given would require additional art assets to be made and given that we're moving to hand-drawn art, I imagine the general philosophy will be that we'd rather spend the art budget to have more scenes so that everyone can find the scenes that they enjoy instead of giving all the scenes several small variations.