Harboring a Fugitive questions. (Possible spoilers)

Angelus

Oct 17, 2019
So, I often utilize the lovely wiki that some folks from the forums go through and update. Sadly, certain things like various quest lines don't have a lot of content. Things like the Hive quest line, which barely has info other than the progression of the quest log. That one I am fine with, as it isn't fully finished.

There really isn't any info on Harboring a Fugitive on the wiki beyond getting Ahmri to the Marefolk Village. So I was rather surprised when the rescue op for Atani's mom also did the rest of Harboring a Fugitive, because I didn't think it was finished. But, after fumbling my way through like a normal blind player, I freed Taldahs and yay party. Guessing I got the good end. It didn't really answer some questions, top of which is what is with the Behemoth?

In my initial run through the Centaur Village, I only loosely knew about the potential bad ends (and because I enjoy the writing of the people involved, save scummed to experience them for the most part). But, when it comes to the Behemoth... it had options that just made me very curious, like the outcome of Purify vs Kill (and even if the Purify option can actually be done). When I initially went through, the Purify said it failed, so I left him. After the boss fight, it had a whole thing of back tracking to wrap up other encounters. Behemoth wasn't among those. He just poofed. No longer existed. So I went back through to try n do the Kill option (was not paying attention and ended up doing the Taldahs fight which... doesn't end at all the same as the talk option victory). Again, no mention or use of Behemoth. Also consider that to be a "Corrupt End" with how it influenced some stuff.

Then I come here and do a search for Behemoth. Man was that a mistake. I can only sift through so much before I just make my own post. Is there a page or info somewhere that explains some of what went on? Also, I was trying to remember what skill Behemoth had that was stealable (he didn't use it in either fight but sense showed it there), but the wiki only has 2 of his skills listed in the Power section. Bout to do a 3rd run through just to remember which it was and see where else I can learn it, if at all.

Angelus

Oct 17, 2019
And now the Purify option is gone... which adds to the confusion. Also, the stealable skill is Rend, which I already know... thoroughly more confused.

If anyone has any answers, greatly appreciated :)

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
The wiki's a fan thing, and it's pretty much solely being held together by one guy (although some of the writers help out with documenting their own content). Cut him a little slack. He went hard on fully updating Arona's page for her content drop not too long ago.

The other thing is that Centaur Village and Hivequest, while they are both technically done in that you can beat both dungeons, aren't fully implemented in the sense that all their content is in game. Centaur Village lacks a chunk of its postquest content. Hive is slightly less done, with the final choice set to be implemented "soon" and only some of the postquest content (like Nyze) actually in game. Under those circumstances, one can understand why the quests aren't really documented on the wiki.

Anyway, here's what I know:

Purify doesn't work. I'm pretty sure it's just an RP option, and it only even exists if you've got the right mix of people and items there. I know that you can try it on a pure Champ with Cait in the party and the Oliban Oil from before in the pack, but I don't know how many of those things are necessary.

A living Behemoth is, at last check, meant to eventually end up at the Wayfort, our new Island of Corrupted Toys, but that content isn't in game yet. (Wayfort itself has only been in game for...a few hours, and only for backers.)

Hope that helps!

Angelus

Oct 17, 2019
The wiki's a fan thing, and it's pretty much solely being held together by one guy (although some of the writers help out with documenting their own content). Cut him a little slack. He went hard on fully updating Arona's page for her content drop not too long ago.

The other thing is that Centaur Village and Hivequest, while they are both technically done in that you can beat both dungeons, aren't fully implemented in the sense that all their content is in game. Centaur Village lacks a chunk of its postquest content. Hive is slightly less done, with the final choice set to be implemented "soon" and only some of the postquest content (like Nyze) actually in game. Under those circumstances, one can understand why the quests aren't really documented on the wiki.

Anyway, here's what I know:

Purify doesn't work. I'm pretty sure it's just an RP option, and it only even exists if you've got the right mix of people and items there. I know that you can try it on a pure Champ with Cait in the party and the Oliban Oil from before in the pack, but I don't know how many of those things are necessary.

A living Behemoth is, at last check, meant to eventually end up at the Wayfort, our new Island of Corrupted Toys, but that content isn't in game yet. (Wayfort itself has only been in game for...a few hours, and only for backers.)

Hope that helps!

It does for the most part. Also, I said the lovely wiki in regards to how useful I have found it. Really appreciate the person/people that keep it running. I know it's tedious as hell, and was not bitching about the lack of stuff. Just stating the current predicament since I finally just did the Centaur related stuff. It's obvious that the Hive is far from finished, it even has the greyed out option for the honey area. As for the centaur stuff, it honestly looked and felt like it was wrapped up pretty nicely, regardless of good or corrupt end options. Which lead me to think it was finished. I do still have some questions though...

Would you happen to know what causes the purify option to not be there? It was only available the first time I went through, 2nd n 3rd it only had kill or leave (excludive sex options). To my knowledge I did nothing different... also, is there a current reason why he just poofs from existence if he is to show up in the location you mentioned? Unsure if that's a known thing since I only come around the forums every now n then. (Hell, I have no clue what area you are even talking about because of that, but definitely look forward to the content :D )

And my last lil question: you say it doesn't have the post quest stuff yet, could you possibly explain a bit more?

And, of course, it isn't me demanding answers. Am honestly just curious because this whole thing caught me by surprise and I enjoyed it :)

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
Would you happen to know what causes the purify option to not be there? It was only available the first time I went through, 2nd n 3rd it only had kill or leave (excludive sex options). To my knowledge I did nothing different... also, is there a current reason why he just poofs from existence if he is to show up in the location you mentioned? Unsure if that's a known thing since I only come around the forums every now n then. (Hell, I have no clue what area you are even talking about because of that, but definitely look forward to the content :D )

And my last lil question: you say it doesn't have the post quest stuff yet, could you possibly explain a bit more?

And, of course, it isn't me demanding answers. Am honestly just curious because this whole thing caught me by surprise and I enjoyed it :)
I don't know what you did differently, but the "purify" option still exists. I think it's a Cait + oil thing, but I'm not completely sure. I also don't know if the Champ's corruption affects its availability.

He poofs because it'd be awkward to keep him in the centaur village, whether corrupt or not, and because he's eventually getting back into the game. This happens. Sigrune poofs after you beat her. Jael'yn completely disappears. When characters are between content implementations, sometimes the easiest solution is to make them disappear for a bit; other times, they awkwardly hang. The Behemoth is the former. So he's gone for a bit, but the idea is that he may come back to go to the Wayfort when that stuff gets done. So, y'know, just sit tight.

Centaur Village is missing post-quest interactions with most of its inhabitants. I think only Eubicha actually has a recurring scene; Taldahs, Genova, and Ahmri don't. Ahmri Wedding isn't in yet, either. They are at varying stages of readiness for implementation.

Angelus

Oct 17, 2019
I don't know what you did differently, but the "purify" option still exists. I think it's a Cait + oil thing, but I'm not completely sure. I also don't know if the Champ's corruption affects its availability.

He poofs because it'd be awkward to keep him in the centaur village, whether corrupt or not, and because he's eventually getting back into the game. This happens. Sigrune poofs after you beat her. Jael'yn completely disappears. When characters are between content implementations, sometimes the easiest solution is to make them disappear for a bit; other times, they awkwardly hang. The Behemoth is the former. So he's gone for a bit, but the idea is that he may come back to go to the Wayfort when that stuff gets done. So, y'know, just sit tight.

Centaur Village is missing post-quest interactions with most of its inhabitants. I think only Eubicha actually has a recurring scene; Taldahs, Genova, and Ahmri don't. Ahmri Wedding isn't in yet, either. They are at varying stages of readiness for implementation.

Alrighty, gotcha. As for anything I did differently, nothing. I am literally just reloading the same save and going straight in. It's why I am confused. Team is Cait and Atugia, over my few attempts I have done both hp and resolve victories. Got the oil on each run. That's why I am so confused, because the other NPC interactions all stay the same. Behemoth is the only serious mystery to me.

Cut content. He'll come along later, it's one of my main objectives for the next year.

Well I wish you luck and look forward to it :D as is I am just curious about the whole Purify thing and what not. Seeing as he will be utilized elsewhere at a later date, I guess I will make sure to not kill... but I do kinda hope the Purify option has some kind of impact, y'know? (Just gotta figure out why it only gave me the option the first time and it disappeared on all subsequent attempts... it shouldn't have stuck the flag for it, since I am reloading the save right?)

As is, I might do what I mainly did with the hive n leave it for much later (though I hope the choices I made in the Hive won't have some unintended impact with my save... issues of not being able to go back to retcon stuff that got added onto ^^;)