Grimpi Library (Mindflayer WIP)

urbogrimpi

Oct 29, 2018
I missed the window to submit to CoC's relevancy by about 8 years. Might as well shoot for the sequel. I've got some stuff written that I've yet to release and I'm interested in gauging interest in my ability to write terrible, depraved, unforgivable, deplorable, unashamed smut.

So here's my very WIP first submission, it's along the lines of your standard CoC&D monsters, just a NOT M̶i̶n̶d̶f̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ encounter. Lemme know what you think about it and the other stuff I'll post so I can work along those lines.

Dreamer(Mindrape, tentacles, more mindrape)

Last edited:

urbogrimpi

Oct 29, 2018
Mindflayers are trademark of Wizards of the Coast.
Ha, hadn't even considered that WotC might have a trademark. I can't find anything concrete on their ownership, but I'll branch out anyways and get to renaming it.

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
WoTC has trademarks/copyrights on all the big-name iconic D&D monsters. Mind Flayers, Beholders, etc, etc (why do you think Blizzard's kobolds are rat creatures?)

Just renaming something won't do, so long as it's arguably mistakable for the original article.

Reactions: Zavos

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
I personally don't see how a mindflayer (renamed or whatever) fits into the setting or lore of CoC2 at all.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
Tentacles, parasites taking over people's bodies, psychic/magic powers, potential for giant mindless beast... Seems right at home in CoC2 to me

urbogrimpi

Oct 29, 2018
Thanks for the responses and critique pals. I'll probably finish this up in the interest of practice and salvaging some of it later before moving to something more orthodox(unorthodox?) Probably Imp holdouts with Zetasz/Lethice/the demon infrastructure gone.

Dark67titan

Mar 26, 2016
Thanks for the responses and critique pals. I'll probably finish this up in the interest of practice and salvaging some of it later before moving to something more orthodox(unorthodox?) Probably Imp holdouts with Zetasz/Lethice/the demon infrastructure gone.
im pretty sure demons have never been in this world before so imps would be very rare and probably stronger than the CoC variant and they would have never had know what life was like under lethice or any of her followers, also remember to change mindflayer to something a little less sueable

urbogrimpi

Oct 29, 2018
im pretty sure demons have never been in this world before so imps would be very rare and probably stronger than the CoC variant and they would have never had know what life was like under lethice or any of her followers, also remember to change mindflayer to something a little less sueable
You're right, I misread the "connected" element in the world connection section. I'll play with some ideas similar, try and get some more enemy encounters going.

Dark67titan

Mar 26, 2016
You're right, I misread the "connected" element in the world connection section. I'll play with some ideas similar, try and get some more enemy encounters going.
don’t worry it happens and keep in mind that when the game gets out of the prologue there is only one demon in the world that one know off at the present time