"Great" Ideas you'll never write. And Why?

SpicyShino

Sep 9, 2015
I think it's basically a fact that ideas posted in the forums rarely go on to be fully written out.
But though that's true there are probably several other ideas that don't even get posted.

This is the thread for those ideas, and why we hesitate to mention them.
Let's see how fun it might be to talk about these things without shame or entitlement getting in the way.

SpicyShino

Sep 9, 2015
Personally I'd want to write a Nova/Goo Suit expansion that adds the option for Nova to fight at your side like an attack drone.

She'd get the chance to directly assist you in combat, and she could even have different options depending on what playstyle the player prefers. She'd get more written lines, and there could even be side quests for her stronger variants...

Of course I'd never write it, because shit you not, 99% of it would be a fuckin JoJo's reference.

SoAndSo

Scientist
Creator
Mar 26, 2017
An XV8-style battlesuit that looks like it's based on cool bugs like wasps and moths. Has its own weapons and weapon slots with its own subset of special abilities that replace your classes but also fit your class style.

Bit too silly tbh.

Reactions: Freed85

SpicyShino

Sep 9, 2015
An XV8-style battlesuit that looks like it's based on cool bugs like wasps and moths. Has its own weapons and weapon slots with its own subset of special abilities that replace your classes but also fit your class style.

Bit too silly tbh.

If Mini-Mechs (Like Car size) become a thing. I hope this an option.

zero point sixty

May 7, 2016
London
Ooh, good thread, I bet there's a ton of interesting ideas out there, I know I've got loads I'll never do anything with, since I thought of writing for tits before I got sidetracked into doing fan art (and then again into other artistic pursuits).

Personally I'd want to write a Nova/Goo Suit expansion that adds the option for Nova to fight at your side like an attack drone.

I'd love to see a Nova expansion in general, she's fun from what we get of her, and I feel like there's a ton of potentially fun stories to be told with the grey goo and Captain Morrow in general, and this would be a clever progression hook to tie it to.

--

A lot of the ideas for characters I had (I drew a bunch in my art thread) involved playing around with the ideas of gender and social convention as set up in-universe. So like, a submissive Dzaan alpha - might that be equivalent to being gay (and maybe taboo) in their society? Or maybe an Anat female who rejects her privileged but constrained role at home, and runs away to find freedom in the rush (this would have been a rival-like series of encounters).

I also had a few ideas for races, like a fully aquatic species who can psionically manipulate the water immediately around them, both allowing them to get around and for water tentacles and other such kinky stuff.

Following the TiTs tradition of drawing from examples of the weird real-world sexual behaviour of animals, I was inspired by parthenogenetic lizards to create a scaly all-female species that reproduces asexually, giving birth to more of themselves, but still engages in ritualised sexual behaviour with other females to induce pregnancy. I planned to give them tentacle hair or crests and then I realised I had literally made the Asari from ME. This happens to me all the time.

The silliest idea I had might have been for a race that always gives birth to 'twins', but due to high levels of Savicite exposure on their planet they actually become psychically linked into a single mind (not just telepathic, but actually an individual with two bodies). I came up with a bunch of stuff, like reproduction, and how to deal with one dying or separation or whatever but that was the basic idea.

I'm sure there were lots more but I have a feeling most people won't wanna read too many at once so I'll stop for now :p

Oh, and if anyone is inspired by any element of these whatsoever, go nuts, I'm cool with that.

Reactions: Jongeedubs

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
everything i never posted in the ideas forum because i wont write it but now that i have the opportunity to talk about it i forgot all of it

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I wanted to write up a Mad Max style mission on Tarkus, where Steele had to rescue the daughter of a SteeleCorp executive. There would have been a vehicular chase across the scrap wastes with Steele driving. There would have been commands similar to Paige's sparring, like "Slam into truck" or "Brake hard".

But when I sat down and planned things out, it was overly complicated, no matter how I tried to simplify it. And with the chase, that would have been a bad ending if you crashed or failed, which was something I was incredibly reluctant to add. So I ended up chucking it into the bin in my brain.

cool.alexia

Feb 16, 2017
Oh god. Everything I posted here ever, basically. Because somehow my brain thinks I do not have enough to do in my life.

* Sandy & Mandy, the twincest Steele fangirls. Would have supported at least 2 dicknipples scenes.
* The Tamani Corp Vibrator XENA Neon Ultra™. Comes with two settings and a 'resonance cascade' silly scene.
* The XENA HYDRA, because there is not enough content for girls with an extra vag.
* the dick nipples masturbation scene which i wrote up at least twice and i am still not happy with it...

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
  • I had an idea about a medic-type character with prosthesis's made from jury-rigged hard light projectors (she's missing all her limbs and you can turn off all the projectors to turn her into a fuck-nugget). But then I realized I'm super lazy, write super-slow and the character only had that going on for her which made her shitty and shallow.
  • A race of militaristic-bordering-on-war-mongering bipedal lizard people where all within the warrior caste have personal power armor that holds massive cultural significance to the warrior and their standing within their caste. In the past due to the demand of such advanced and expensive tech, warriors had their reptilian tails removed to simplify the logistics and design of their armor. Thus the removal of the tail and the fitting of powered armor has become a rite of passage for the warrior caste. Unfortunately, their home world is still recovering from a war with a more technologically advanced race which resulted in an upheaval and removal of most warrior caste people from their government. Many of the warrior-caste were exiled or went into self-exile and often wind up serving as mercenaries or muscle for criminal organizations.
  • A food-court area for Tavros station, where Steele is asked to solve a dispute between the 'Huts' (Boiga-Hut, Noodle-Hut and Curry-Hut). Hilarity ensues.
    boigas.gif
  • Gale Greigo, Galactic Gigolo - being pursued by a veritable army of angry women he's defrauded, Gale meets Steele and asks for help. Hilarity ensues.
  • Gladys, Commercial power armor jock - NT Amazon, works in the Tavros docks moving stuff in her commercial power armor. Hilarity ensues.

Last edited:

SpicyShino

Sep 9, 2015
Ooh, good thread, I bet there's a ton of interesting ideas out there, I know I've got loads I'll never do anything with, since I thought of writing for tits before I got sidetracked into doing fan art (and then again into other artistic pursuits).

I'd love to see a Nova expansion in general, she's fun from what we get of her, and I feel like there's a ton of potentially fun stories to be told with the grey goo and Captain Morrow in general, and this would be a clever progression hook to tie it to.

--

A lot of the ideas for characters I had (I drew a bunch in my art thread) involved playing around with the ideas of gender and social convention as set up in-universe.

Thanks.
And playing around with the established conventions for Races sounds like a good idea.
I like your race ideas too but I trimmed for space. You could probably get a lot of mileage out of Whiptail Lesbian Lizards.

I wanted to write up a Mad Max style mission on Tarkus, where Steele had to rescue the daughter of a SteeleCorp executive. There would have been a vehicular chase across the scrap wastes with Steele driving. There would have been commands similar to Paige's sparring, like "Slam into truck" or "Brake hard".

But when I sat down and planned things out, it was overly complicated, no matter how I tried to simplify it. And with the chase, that would have been a bad ending if you crashed or failed, which was something I was incredibly reluctant to add. So I ended up chucking it into the bin in my brain.

Maybe use the chase as a fight set piece?
You could restrict combat to ranged weapons and add an option for charging into melee range.
Also after every few turns you could break the flow with a combat event like a large pit you have to turn around or maybe jumping to the other vehicle for the rescue/climax.

• I had an idea about a medic-type character with prosthesis's made from jury-rigged hard light projectors (she's missing all her limbs and you can turn off all the projectors to turn her into a fuck-nugget). But then I realized I'm super lazy, write super-slow and the character only had that going on for her which made her shitty and shallow.

Paraplegics aren't usually my cup of tea, but that could be an interesting idea for a back alley medic. I'd suggest it if we get a slum planet/section.

zero point sixty

May 7, 2016
London
Thanks.
You could restrict combat to ranged weapons and add an option for charging into melee range.
Also after every few turns you could break the flow with a combat event like a large pit you have to turn around or maybe jumping to the other vehicle for the rescue/climax.

I don't know if the engine would support it, but the best way I can think of to handle a set piece like that would be to combine the two, so in this case there might be a couple of 'driving' sections through difficult terrain, with one or two choices (preferably based around playing to your stats rather than straight up right/wrong), and then a few rounds of combat when you're in more open ground.

It might be a nightmare to code, but there has been interesting stuff done with the combat mechanics before, like the Khorgan or Schora fights.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017

I had thought about that, but I had originally wanted it to be something similar to the final chase in Beyond Thunderdome. It's not a straight up shooting fight, but a kind of brawl between trucks. But the more I tried to break it down into something simple, but it was just a mess.

Just a little lesson from this - not every great idea can actually work. The real trick is to know which idea can actually work and work on them.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
A Tavros Christmas. All the ladies you can knock up on Tavros show up for a crew dinner cooked up by Yammi. If you have access to the Great Majin, Shizuya and her crew would pop up as well. Also, support for Sonya and Beatrice when Tacit is done with that x-pac. Steele introduces everyone and wholesome dinner with funny stories would be told. Steele could contribute some based on what they're done or BS a little. Then you could sex up a variety of NPCs and or crew. Reaha/Erra/Anno/Kaede/Shekka/Syri/Saendra/Paige/Kiro/Shizuya/Mika orgy would be possible. Kiro and Kaede could make up or at least bury the hatchet.

Why it won't happen.

-WAY TOO MANY MOVING PARTS
-Lack of talent on my part
-Don't have enough scratch to pawn a door stopper on an established writer

Reactions: Senera2000

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
A Tavros Christmas
I read that and my heart was hoping it was going to be the TiTS version of Die Hard.
And then you had to go and crush my hopes with a waifu orgyu.

Alabaster Chimes

Aug 29, 2015
You taking your significant OTHERS to meet your "Mom", aka Bridget, in a meet the parents sorta way. It would lead to Mass Chaos the more people that are involved and depending on who you invite to this event. To invite someone you'd need to be classified as a lover in my eyes with the character OR have a kid with the character. This could lead to interesting ways for NPC's to interact, like Zephyr and Riya, Paige and Emmy, Erra and Saec, you fucking name it. And Bridget would be fucking crazed that you let these people all get into a room together, AT THE SAME TIME, with children around the corner. Fun nights to be.

Problems though.

Other than the fact that about 14 different writers need to be asked for permission, and that every POSSIBLE SCENARIO and event needs to be accounted for, (which would be take well over at LEAST 100k words with the amount of NPC's you can classify as Lovers, on a good day AND get to Tavros AND fit through the Nursery Door. Sorry Frosty) the one GLARING ISSUE IS THIS:

Everytime a new waifu or Babymomma/BabyDaddy shows up, GUESS WHAT NEEDS AN X-PACK. And not only that, all the Scenarios, events, the whole jamboree. A whole cluserfuck.

Such a dream, that cant be.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Paraplegics aren't usually my cup of tea, but that could be an interesting idea for a back alley medic. I'd suggest it if we get a slum planet/section.
I was more in love with the idea of using hardlight projectors for artificial limbs and this poor character was more of a showcase of that. Who knows, might actually throw something up in ideas once I'm able to work on it.

Reactions: ChromaTaphore

Alecsandr

Dec 11, 2015
Because of this thread i feel i need to crowbar handholding into this game somehow XD

I read that and my heart was hoping it was going to be the TiTS version of Die Hard.
And then you had to go and crush my hopes with a waifu orgyu.

If writing this expac for briha and lys doesn't burn me out of writing (unlikely cause it's what i've used to replace dnd) than i may just pick this up as an idea because it sound dope as fuck, 'steele always in the wrong hole at the right time' XD i just don't know whether to include yippee ki yay motherfucker

Reactions: NerdyBluefox

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Because of this thread i feel i need to crowbar handholding into this game somehow XD

If writing this expac for briha and lys doesn't burn me out of writing (unlikely cause it's what i've used to replace dnd) than i may just pick this up as an idea because it sound dope as fuck, 'steele always in the wrong hole at the right time' XD i just don't know whether to include yippee ki yay motherfucker
You can also use the lesser known, "Geronimo, motherfucker!"

NerdyBluefox

Sep 4, 2018
A Bowsette costume at Holiday's shop.

26e.jpg_large

6a2.png_large

(I honestly would want to be this woman irl)

Last edited:

moobere

May 19, 2017
I wanted to write a whole bunch of Embry content based off of the imaginary personalities of all my characters.
Like my douche bag character would tell her he's only dating her but cheats on her every chance he gets and makes her watch.
Or my character I wanted to be a bit abusive and sexist and treats her like garbage cause he believes women only exist for babies (I don't think this IRL).
I don't write it cause I suk at writing.

TFMaster

At one point I had the idea to make a vendor that sells “antique” weapons such as modern day guns (which would be considered antique in the future) and guns that we consider antique such as a blunderbus, flintlock Pistol/Rifle, or weapons used by the various countries during the World Wars such as a Thompson SMG (would also work for gangsters too), the Luger Pistol, or the Mosin Nagant Rifle. The reason why I would never write this is because I don’t have the skill for it and I’m not entirely sure if such a thing would even make sense to have in the game.

Reactions: ChromaTaphore

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
At one point I had the idea to make a vendor that sells “antique” weapons such as modern day guns (which would be considered antique in the future) and guns that we consider antique such as a blunderbus, flintlock Pistol/Rifle, or weapons used by the various countries during the World Wars such as a Thompson SMG (would also work for gangsters too), the Luger Pistol, or the Mosin Nagant Rifle. The reason why I would never write this is because I don’t have the skill for it and I’m not entirely sure if such a thing would even make sense to have in the game.

A bunch of weapons like that are already in the game, namely anything crafted on Myrellion by the Myr themselves. It's easy to forget that their state of technology is roughly equivalent to WWI-era weaponry on Earth if you don't pay much attention or skip text after having actively read it once.

Though I think it'd be neat to have a dedicated shop for such weapons outside of Myrellion, perhaps in the wake of a finalized resolution to the Myr conflict. And other planets with different stages of technology (if at all) would of course also be great. Like a civilization that has only progressed to the equivalent of the medieval era, or something like the Roman Empire at the peak of its strength; a planet that roughly equates to our modern day or maybe even a planet previously untouched by the rush that has surpassed the technology standard Steele is used to.

TFMaster

A bunch of weapons like that are already in the game, namely anything crafted on Myrellion by the Myr themselves. It's easy to forget that their state of technology is roughly equivalent to WWI-era weaponry on Earth if you don't pay much attention or skip text after having actively read it once.

Though I think it'd be neat to have a dedicated shop for such weapons outside of Myrellion, perhaps in the wake of a finalized resolution to the Myr conflict. And other planets with different stages of technology (if at all) would of course also be great. Like a civilization that has only progressed to the equivalent of the medieval era, or something like the Roman Empire at the peak of its strength; a planet that roughly equates to our modern day or maybe even a planet previously untouched by the rush that has surpassed the technology standard Steele is used to.

Well yes I know that the Myr Have World War era tech but I was thinking that it would be cool to have the actual versions of the weapons rather than the Myr versions which are completely different since they had to be designed with Myr in mind.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
All the modern guns would just do 1 damage and have shit stats all around. Remember that TiTS takes place in like 5,000 A.D.

Reactions: sumgai

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
All the modern guns would just do 1 damage and have shit stats all around. Remember that TiTS takes place in like 5,000 A.D.

So then how exactly does Myr weaponry do anything? Aside from being adjusted to produce enough force to crash through carapace with ease, how are they even available? From what I understand, they're equivalent to WW-era weaponry, after all.

Well yes I know that the Myr Have World War era tech but I was thinking that it would be cool to have the actual versions of the weapons rather than the Myr versions which are completely different since they had to be designed with Myr in mind.

How about a lookalike replica vendor then? Weapons that look low-tech (like a flintlock for instance) but are constructed with the latest technology? Like having your vintage cake and eating it, too?

Reactions: TFMaster