Goo-morph Player Character Race

Belltie

Jan 31, 2016
I would love it if there were two different race descriptions for players who've taken Galomax pills, one for each body type, for instance, "Gel-morph" for Gel Bodies and "Goo-morph" for Goo Bodies. Another idea would be "Rahn-morph" and "Galotian-morph", respectively, or even just "Rahn" and "Galotian", since Galomax is a pretty drastic TF.

Aside from having a more unique race description, which is fun, "Goo-morph" feels like a weird name for a character with a Gel Body who is basically a Rahn. Yes, Gel Bodies are technically gooey, but the difference between Gel and Goo Bodies is pretty dramatic. Frankly, I would like it if all instances of the term "goo" for players with Gel Bodies were replaced with "gel", but I'd still be quite happy if they at least had different race names.

Sorry if this seems nitpicky. lol

Reactions: Preacher

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
To be referenced as a different species of goo/gel person I guess would not need that much of a change, however I think that most if not all code/scenes involving the goo in any way rely on a tag/flag that all reference to something like (PLAYER_CROTCH = GOO) or something like that. I don't know much about coding but I'd think that in order to change that from (GOO) to (GEL) in (if PLAYER_GALOMAX_LV = 4, set all flags labeled as "GOO" to "GEL" && set PLAYER_SPECIES = "Rahn") it would cause all kinds of chaos until all the newly created bugs are ironed out, I might be totally off about my representation code versus the actual working code in game but like I said I don't know a lot.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
To be referenced as a different species of goo/gel person I guess would not need that much of a change, however I think that most if not all code/scenes involving the goo in any way rely on a tag/flag that all reference to something like (PLAYER_CROTCH = GOO) or something like that. I don't know much about coding but I'd think that in order to change that from (GOO) to (GEL) in (if PLAYER_GALOMAX_LV = 4, set all flags labeled as "GOO" to "GEL" && set PLAYER_SPECIES = "Rahn") it would cause all kinds of chaos until all the newly created bugs are ironed out, I might be totally off about my representation code versus the actual working code in game but like I said I don't know a lot.
Actually, the Global Types used for body parts are completely separate from the value of pc.race. You can ssfely change the latter without effecting anything that utilizes the former and vice versa.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Pretty sure Rahn are their own race and will have their own TF eventually.

Then again, they are a single cell organism. Wouldn't really make any sense. inb4 space magic

Last edited:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Been as noted SINGLE cell would be hard to make "true" Rahn TF. And for Tf with giving simialr effects that GaloMAx covering most bases asside one cell base ^^

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
GaloMax is both Rahn and Galotean TF ATM. At the 4th stage, it gives you Rahn appearance, on 5th Galotean. But it has too many limitations to be really considered full race TF.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well one of limits to be general TF is that it effects can't be reversed so PC will without god powers of save editing will be forever stuck as Rahn / Galotean.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Well one of limits to be general TF is that it effects can't be reversed so PC will without god powers of save editing will be forever stuck as Rahn / Galotean.
It does not give you all the features race should have. Like ovipositor.

BTW, hidden feature of Amber Seed is how it works with goo-morphs :)

Belltie

Jan 31, 2016
GaloMax is both Rahn and Galotean TF ATM. At the 4th stage, it gives you Rahn appearance, on 5th Galotean. But it has too many limitations to be really considered full race TF.
It does not give you all the features race should have. Like ovipositor.

True, so I suppose it shouldn't change your race to full on "Rahn" or "Galotian", though I think that "Rahn-morph" and "Galotian-morph" could still apply, since that nomenclature is used for other hybrid racial states, where the pc has a predominance of, but not 100% of a particular races characteristics. That said, I think that "Gel-morph" for stage 4 Galomax would be better.

Though, now that you mention it, Galomax should let you grow a Rahn ovipositor, since it lets you goo shift to have the genitalia of other races that your PC has read the Codex entry for. Hopefully, that will be a feature at some point. I like the Nyrean ovipositor, but I'd prefer a spikeless Rahn one.

BTW, hidden feature of Amber Seed is how it works with goo-morphs :)

What is Amber Seed? I can't find it in the wiki.