Goo Armor Cold Immunity Not Working

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Title says it all. Even when I have the cold immunity on, the game acts like I have no heat protection at all until I use a different heat item, which defeats the purpose.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Also. are you talking to her when she is in your inventory or when she is crew?
I can't provide a save now, but I wear her all the time. I've even tried toggling off and on in her Crew menu, but I still get the text as though I wasn't wearing heat protection until I put on a heat belt or use a thermal pack.

OrangeBurner

Mar 13, 2022
Just for clarification, Does your Goo Armor have the 'Heat Generator' Item Flag when inspected?
Item Flag - Heat Generator.png
If she has that item flag when inspected then you should take no cold damage.

The reason why I ask is because the menu in Nova's menu is quite confusing if you don't read the tooltips:
Because the button will say "Cold Immunity: 'Off'" When cold Immunity is actually on:
Nova - Cold Immuntiy Off.png

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Just for clarification, Does your Goo Armor have the 'Heat Generator' Item Flag when inspected?
If she has that item flag when inspected then you should take no cold damage.

The reason why I ask is because the menu in Nova's menu is quite confusing if you don't read the tooltips:
Because the button will say "Cold Immunity: 'Off'" When cold Immunity is actually on:
Holy crap, you‘re right! In other words, it’s bugged to be inverted. Thanks for figuring this out!

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Alternately, the button is saying it will turn Heat Generation off (implying it's currently on).

DrunkZombie

Apr 12, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Correct. That is not a bug. The button is telling you what will happen when you press it. I beleive the tool tip explains.