[GODOT] [EGGOMON] [2D RPG] (monster capture and breeding) (free)

Nov 20, 2023
TITLEBANNER.png

Overview:
EGGOMON IS A MONSTER CATCHING RPG. Capture monsters, gather resources, explore, and don’t get bred by wild creatures!

Thread Updated: 2024-08-20
Developer: INVADER INCUBUS Patreon: https://patreon.com/EGGOMON
Version:
Language: English
Genre:
2D Game, Impregnation, Pregnancy, Animated, RPG, Monsters, Combat

Eggomon is the NSFW monster-catching game you always wanted, with a focus on monster breeding, bad ends, and enough randomized content to refresh replayability.

In Eggomon, each player “life” is represented by an in-game character, called a SCOUT, who is ‘lost’ if she is impregnated by a monster. The game only ends once all scouts have been defeated and claimed by the monsters, BUT during a playthrough you may PERMANENTLY UNLOCK zones, more starting items, and new echelons of power that will carry over into your next run. As the project develops, it will expand into an enormous world, including hidden areas, indoor and underground environments, puzzles, quests, and unobtrusive environmental storytelling. As well as many more surprises.

Eggomon ditches traditional RPG leveling up mechanics, putting the focus on BALANCING the combat so it is always challenging. There are still ways to make your team of monsters more powerful over time, but these methods are often separate from battling, so combat should be considered a risky, but necessary action that will deplete your resources (food / medicine). To keep playthroughs fresh, you will be able to choose new starting locations, and characters, meaning that whenever you RETURN to the game you can experience the newest zones, and monsters, without having to play through content you have already experienced.

The final game will feature over a hundred monsters, inspired from mythology and popular culture.

When you become a patron of Eggomon YOU will be able to vote in monthly elections to decide what monsters will be added to the game, as well as which game areas, and features should be focused on next. You will be funding the further development of the game, and the commissioning of professionally made assets. The LATEST version of the game will remain completely free to play for all, forever.

FEATURES TO BE ADDED: NIGHT CAMP MECHANIC.
ASSETS TO BE ADDED: MORE MONSTERS, MORE SCOUTS.

Installation:
1. Extract and run.

Changelog:
Aug 19th:
  • Massively expanded the supply system to encapsulate the old achievement system.
  • Altered stable so you can access it from anywhere, but only release monsters from it while in the base
  • Added fullscreen toggle.

Aug 1st:
  • EXP UPDATE, replaced confusing achievement system with based supply system and persistent exp,
  • Zephyr added
  • Recruit monsters into your stables
  • New guide screen when game is opened
  • Altered almost all starting inventory stocks
July 1st + 4th:
  • CAMPING UPDATE, includes calories, food, obedience,
  • Warp Speed TIme with; Z
  • Thundama added with NEW X anim!
  • Vedabug added
June 1st:
  • Bugfixes
May 1st:
  • Vulcha Added + Xanim + Unevolved
  • RosariaXanim added
  • Lore Blurbs in Rosedew
  • PRE CAMPING hunger and obedience added
Apr 18th:
  • Crackrat Added + Xanim + Unevolved
  • Drakia Xanim added
  • SPRINTING added
  • Lore Blurbs FEATURE added, population begins.
Apr 1st:
  • Galem Added + Xanim + Unevolved
  • WIND TYPE added, Wind move: Razornado added
  • Redpin Added + X anim + Unevolved
  • New zone: OPEN PLAINS

Mar 1st:
  • Kihikihi (shark) Added
  • Mamamole Added
  • New X animation
  • Encounters overhaul
  • Bugs crushed
Feb 1st:
  • Druidia Added
  • Scout Norma Added
  • Dark Forest Partially Added
  • Map added [M]
  • Environmental Threat level and corresponding difficulty modifier added
Jan 22nd:
  • Battle UI additions allowing for more complete tactical decisions
  • 12 New Unlocks
  • Add Contraceptives, which give Scouts Barrier Points (BP)
  • Contraceptive herbs added to many wild loot chests
  • Scout Bonus Fertility
  • Repel items added to the game
  • Clock now shows these new scout status
  • Struggle rebalance
JAN 9th:
  • Monster Rebalance
  • Art Repass on all moves
  • Bright Forest Art Repass
  • Drop Base Art Repass
  • SUPER Potions and Super Ethers added
  • Fruits added to the game
  • Day/Night Cycle added
  • Basic Lighting added
  • 10$ tier (No rewards yet)
  • New monsters: Grig and GRONG, first ROCK types
  • Monster redistribution
  • Caves / Dens added (singular there's just one)

JAN 2nd:
  • Stables added to the game
  • Bright Forest Zone added to the game
  • XXX animations in combat now speed scale to countdown
  • CINDER scout added as a playable character
  • pregnancy and breeding are in the stables, so genetics are added
  • The game no has a clock tracking the passage of time
DEC 9th:
  • Added 2 monsters.
  • Overhauled Monster Switching
  • UNLOCKS feature now properly represented in UI
DEC 1st:
  • Rejiggered Camera, tightened and streamlined, smoothing
  • Second pass over Rosedew Meadow (Doubled the number of doddad assets, mostly recolors) Map is overhauled nicely now
  • When looting an evolution stone the info-pop tells you what type it is
  • Detailed Monster info panel
  • NEW SCOUT Aqua, voted on by patreons
  • NEW MONSTER Ovaris, a sheep, and her unevolved form
  • Game Over overhaul, now the player may opt to switch to whichever scouts they have remaining or end their run

2023-11-20 First release

Developer Notes:
When reporting bugs, please be descriptive of your actions when the bug occurred. Most of the art will be redone by a pixel artist soon. UI and Audio assets are CC0, and many homemade assets and tiles for the project will also be released under CC0.

DOWNLOAD
Win: MEGA: https://mega.nz/folder/06NBxBYL#i4ht2B_2_9N0PMHzck0-5w
Win: MEDIAFIRE:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/wh7f6a04ubwup/Eggomon

Patches: Eternal
Thank you to the developers of the Godot engine who are infinitely more worthy of reward than an insect like myself.

Teaser1.pngTeaser2.pngTeaser3.pngTeaser4.pngTeaser5.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Zanela
Nov 20, 2023
Reserved for the Dev: myself.
Game is free and shall remain free in some form for the foreseeable future. Vote on content on PATREON, support helps the game to improve. Hoping for some constructive feedback.

Nov 20, 2023
Preview for the December poll:
zV2.pngzzCinderPromo.png

Would you prefer your descendants to be cute gecko's, or adorable puppies? On that note will the RED / Fire scout Cinder be a Smokin Goth, or tech savvy desi chick? (Why not both? Because Nier: 2P 's design is TOO PEAK for this game) I will not lie, I am already cheating and working on the sprites for the assumed winners of the current elections. Sheep and Aqua will be good to go almost immediately out of the gate, but will the new (much more complicated) lose game system, and stables? Stay tuned, and find out.

On that note if the white chicks take all the slots for the first three scouts in this game, then SOME of the future scout designs are going to be mostly costume focused and between two African / Asian / whatever, women. I am not accusing anyone of anything, I am just saying I will be ensuring we get a proper pallet of skin tones cast as jiggling monster rape bait. Because equality, or something. Speaking of diversity why the fuck are the two beastly male monsters so far both fire types? Why not more fire monster girls, and beast monsters of other types? Is I-I even paying attention to monster diversity? While asking questions, why is Invader Incubus choose to torture himself AGAIN by animating more flame effects? Wasn't Aithon's tail bad enough?

While we try and find the answers to these questions, look at the cute unevolved sheep! Adorable. She, and her evolved form have the PILLOWY keyword which will grant you a bonus each time you camp (sleep). Assuming a load of people don't join the Patreon and skew the poll against her, of course.
smolSheep.png

FoxGirlFan

Oct 28, 2023
Is there a way for a Scout to be impregnated without losing them? Seems like a fun game, but the limited lives is a bit scary.

Nov 20, 2023
Is there a way for a Scout to be impregnated without losing them? Seems like a fun game, but the limited lives is a bit scary.
ATM no, and unlikely to be a feature in the future. For you see, when a Scout IS impregnated they will go to the breeding stables, where their job will, uh, change. Breeding stronger monsters is going to be a big part of winning. So scouts won't be "gone", you'll interact with them still, they will just have a change in roles. Limited lives is a necessary feature for my vision, where NG+ and multiple runs making you stronger will be a big part of progression.

Update was today btw.

FoxGirlFan

Oct 28, 2023
The text is too small to read on my (admittedly high res) laptop. I don't mind pixelated graphics, but there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust window resolution.

Nov 20, 2023
The text is too small to read on my (admittedly high res) laptop. I don't mind pixelated graphics, but there doesn't seem to be a way to adjust window resolution.
Im gonna work on resolution options soon you can resize the window now.

JANUARY 2024:
THE GOTH has won the vote to be the Fire Scout, everyone please welcome CINDER, who is now in the game, ready to lose battles and breed monsters in the new, fantastic feature...
CERBERUS, and its unevolved form: CERBERPUP, won their monster poll and are added to the game.
Voting on the fourth scout, NORMA, begins:
Voting on the January monster, the next VEG type monster begins, it is between a Cervitaur, and a Dryad.
Added 3 “New” unlocks. They are the 2nd, more difficult level of the first three. Evolution Master, achieved by evolving 12 monsters, grants you ANOTHER evolution stone at the start, so you can begin with three. MEDIC is attained by using 75 healing items, it is interesting because once unlocked it makes potions and ethers more EFFECTIVE, they both restore +15 hp / ep. SCAVENGER is earned by looting 25 containers, and once unlocked you’ll find bonus potions in containers. The final level of these unlocks might come soon but will be very hard to achieve.
The Achievements script is now also tracking how many battles you lose, how many you flee, and how many you WIN. It is also tracking how many days you have survived (easy since theres no day night cycle and not obedience / calories mechanic) and its tracking how many monster births occur... So that's a hint on the next slew of Achievements coming in February.
As requested, you can only randomly find stones of monster types that are in the game right now.
There is a new Zone, the bright forest. Although it isn’t loaded with brand new assets it feels good to have more than one significant area in the game. I have decided I will add the DARK FOREST, next month, the area to the LEFT of the starting zone it will be much smaller though since you won’t get the abilities needed to traverse it until later (also you might notice some closed cave looking things on the maps, strange).
There is now a clock in the game, hit T, to display the clock. For now days last 240 seconds. This will be alterable by YOU in the future. This is the V1 of the clock.
When the player resets their run the party is healed to half HP. Hopefully this ends the confusion for players who think they are getting inta-lossed after losing one scout and then NOT healing their party.

Stables V1 are working.
Stables V1 are working.
Stables V1 are working.

Q: Why was it such a big deal for the stables to get done why couldn’t the game’s first alpha have it?
A: Pregnancy is fucking complicated. In order to support the stables a load of other systems have to exist; multiple scouts need to be in the game for it to make sense, I need to track the status of the wombs of each scout, there needs to be a clock to track the countdown to birth, there needs to be a REASON to breed the scouts, meaning genetics needs to be in play, stud monsters need to be stored in a whole new storage system. Eggs need a whole storage system and hatch time system. BASICALLY, there’s a ton of shit that needs doing and a load of new variables that need to be tracked that cannot be considered ‘normal’ monster catching boiler plate code.

Monster genetics V1 are now in play. There’s a 10% chance a monster may be born with GOOD genetics, and then a 10% chance that might result in EXCEPTIONAL genetics, and then a 10% chance that a monster will have PERFECT genetics. Monsters never parent monsters with worse genetics. Each of these genetics bonuses confer increasing blanket stat boosts. ALSO a monster descended from a scout will have a higher max obedience, and can EAT MORE BOOST FRUITS (not in the game yet).

The stables still need a lot of work to be more usable, like the ability to tab over offspring and studs to see the genetic boons they have unlocked. Necessary since I know you degenerate fucks are like me and will will be farming out our heroines to create monsters with perfect genetics on a semi-industrial scale. Furthermore I think I will be introducing a new mechanic soon that will allow you to collect genetic samples and help ensure you are ALWAYS inching closer to genetic upgrades for your offspring, just by mass reproducing. Since it feels bad to lay a load of eggs, get no boosts, and then release a load of monsters. At least the BUG types (so far) have the OVIPOSITOR keyword allowing the bug type to LOAD UP your poor lost scouts with offspring. To compensate for Bugs being good early game breeders, I think they will eventually need to be a bit weaker in combat.

Loads of features I would love to add here, animated pregnant sprites, pregnant sprites of further size, pregnancy TYPES other than just eggs, and of course, animated births. So speaking of bugs, get to it, lets get to breaking this update so I can get to patching it.

Combat now announces when a SUPER effective hits are scored, all of the future element types are included in the calculus.

The XXX animations in combat now get faster as the monster approaches climax, finishing up with a drastic jump to x3 speed. Makes the countdown feel more desperate (and the monsters more frantic to breed). I was shocked by how much I enjoy this one little change.

The Bee, Wolf, Sheep, and Cerberus monster lineages are now exclusively found in the BRIGHT FOREST area. As more areas are added the monsters will be spread out between them, but starting zones like Rosdew will always be quite populated with a diverse array of monsters so that runs will feel varied.
Oh and you can resize the window now.

Fixed Warwolf’s lore, which now displays correctly. Not bad for work done over a Christmas break.

Nov 20, 2023
Big Monster rebalance. Monsters stats are now standardized forcefully by the code, then gain bonuses according to their element. (Rock is good at def, fire is a good special attack ect). THEN evolved (mostly) monsters also gain stats unique to them specifically. This should make things much more fair and allows me to unify all the monster stats on the monster code itself. Easier for me, more balanced in game.

Repass on the Bright forest, has its own ambient track, added ground doodads, and clutter, moved and added much grass. Also added a little friend you can find somewhere in the forest. Dark Forest is coming in february, but it will be MUCH smaller since you won't have the necessary equipment to traverse it yet.

I wouldn’t call it a repass but some objects were added to the base. It will take time to make enough unique stuff to make the drop-base feel like a proper little bunker that got air dropped into the wild.

Visual repass on all the monster moves, so they look at least as good as the fireball move. For some reason the GIF format lost all the semi-transparent pixels in the new moves but they are there in game and look much better, selling each move’s motion and impact.
Updated some text on the start menu.

SUPER potions and SUPER Ethers are in the game they heal 120 hp and 120 ep respectively. They are rarely found in medical crates. They are ALSO affected by the MEDIC Achievement which boosts the efficacy of your normal potions and ethers. In the case of super medicines, they get +30 effectiveness. Obviously the usage of super meds also counts towards unlocking the medical achievements.

FRUITS are now in the game. Fruits are rare, and (for now) only found in the overworld, they hum slightly to inform the player they are nearby and unpicked. You feed fruits to your monster and the monster gets stat bonuses. More importantly picking a fruit makes the humming stops. Regardless, each monster can only eat so many fruits, and eat each TYPE of fruit only once. The TUMTUM fruit gives broad bonuses, the ZAPZAP fruit gives ATK bonus, and the NONNON fruit gives defense bonuses. This is how you make monsters more powerful without breeding. Monsters can eat 3 fruits, unless they are scout bred, in which case they can eat 2 or have perfect genetics allowing them to eat six. There are 6 of the planned 11 fruits in the game for now. The next fruits added will give BIGGER stat boosts... But will also make monsters hornier, more fertile, less obedient, and hungrier (burn more calories) which will be very relevant once CAMPING is added to the game.
There is a Day/Night V1 system in the game.
There is Basic Lighting system V1 in the game.

If for some reason you are a super supporter of this game there is now a 10$ tier. THERE ARE NO BONUSES FOR THE HIGHER TIER (yet). But some people want to support harder and honestly, I can’t leave any money on the table.

A NEW MONSTER is in the game. Another BEASTLY MALE monster. This will be the first ROCK type monster, meaning ROCK Evolution Stones are going to be readded to the stone pool, and the first rock move: ROCK SPIKE is also in the game.
Isn’t the unevolved form, Grig, just the cutest? Well you can find the adult version, GRONG, hanging out in den / cave biomes, waiting to consensually mind break some poor scout for its reproductive purposes. This gigantic beast (and its unevolved form) have loads of defense, as Rock types, are slow, and consume ungodly amounts of food. When camping is added to the game, consider a monster like Megamoo to help keep the calorie tax under control with her MILKY keyword. But that’s all future game-theory.
Oh right, a simple DEN tilemap is now in the game.
Monsters encounters got shuffled around again, if you want to recruit a Cerbpup, Grig, or the rat you better head into that dark eerie den. In fact, those dens look so eerie I think a boss monster might move in soon... It’s starting to feel like a survival game!

Nov 20, 2023
LATE - JANUARY 2024:

Pretty sure the doe is going to win the monster poll, so there’s her cute unevolved form; Druii! Norma’s ready to go as well, but you gotta WAIT, because I said so. I am healthy now, but I GOT MAD SICK on the 15th and was WIPED OUT for a whole week, so the update got delayed and the content and engagement dried up as I wallowed in misery. But I am back now, and have polished up a HOT DROP.

This USER FEEDBACK UPDATE is hopefully going to clear up confusion and provide the player with precise strategic information, which will help balance the game's combat going into the future.

Battle UI now displays the % flee chance you have so you can make an informed decision on trying to flee.
Battle UI now displays the relevant symbol when an enemy monster has good / exceptional / perfect genetics. In case you’re some kind of degenerate who would sack a perfectly good scout just to get a good breeding stud for the stables.
Battle UI now displays your BP (explained later).
Battle UI now displays scouts current bonus fertility and the enemy monster's fertility, allowing you to make a strategic choice on grappling.
Battle UI displays the total impregnation chance under the X countdown.
Battle UI now also displays your own monster's fertility, though this isn’t relevant yet since you aren’t ordering your monsters to fuck enemy trainers (yet).
Battle UI now displays your current struggle chance.

Struggle has a base 45 (+ unlock bonuses, + scout struggle bonus, - enemy monster grip, - area difficulty level penalty (TBA), - lust penalty) chance to succeed. If the countdown timer reaches 0 (and the scout isn;t knocked up) she will gain a lust penalty, lowering struggle chance for the rest of the fight by 7%. Scouts now have a struggle bonus that will be increased or decreased by events and items in the future. Struggle bonus can’t be reduced past 0 and won’t carry over between scouts. SOME monsters WILL have a GRIP stat that isn’t 0, representing their many arms, tremendous weight, wrapping coils, etc, these monsters are more difficult to struggle away from. Example: SeaQueen, a Naga that wraps around you, is more difficult to struggle away from so she has bonus grip.

Repel and Super Repel are now in the game. You know what this is. Repel lasts for 60 ticks, Super Repel for 120. So that many seconds OR half an in-game day, and one whole in-game day respectively. Why yes, in this game repel is literally just a GUN. Well, batteries to charge your stun-gun, I guess. Monsters don’t mess with you when you have a stun gun charged.

Contraceptives are now in the game. They essentially work as HP. Each time a scout takes a contraceptive, she gains 1 contraceptive Barrier Point (BP). You can have a max of 4 BP (Unlocks will raise this someday). BP is seen in the inventory screen, and while in battle. Each time the X counter counts down to 0 and a monster climaxes in a scout, there’s a chance the monster will impregnate the scout based on the monster’s and scouts fertility (roll is /100), BUT NOW if the scout has ANY BP remaining she will simply lose 1 BP instead of being impregnated. Once all BP is expended the scout is risking impregnation as normal. This makes “grappling” out difficult monsters a much more viable strategy. You have reason to engage in XXX. If the scout bonus fertility is < 30 she will lose 2 BP at a time. If it’s < 50 she will lose 3 BP. So you’re still likely trapped in a spiral.

The clock, which is viewed with “T”, now also displays the scout status effects. Her fertility bonus, her repel remaining, and how many contraceptive BP she has.

If a scout is lost (by just losing a battle even) then her remaining BP and bonus fertility (keep reading) is not carried over, your next scout starts with 0 BP (and 0 bonus fertility).

Contraceptive Pills add 1 BP, and are very rare medical loot. However, contraceptive HERBS are not that rare. You can get herbs from wild chests. Herbs MIGHT give your scout a BP... But they will DEFINITELY make her more fertile, permanently. You can also feed herbs to monsters in a pinch to heal them, and also make them more fertile and slightly disobedient. The Bitter Herb, which is green, is common, rarely gives BP, and sometimes gives you bonus fertility. The Sweet Herb is somewhat rare, and might give your scout a BP, it also always serves the scout lots of bonus fertility.
“0” stops targeting any monster in your inventory btw, so that’s how you “target” the scout with items, just don’t have a monster targeted with the number keys...
Obviously this loop is intended to gradually make a scout more fertile while you try to keep a few BP up.

Monster virility base from 2 -> 4. Meaning the average time to climax is now 6 rounds down from 8
Base flee chance from 35% - 40% -> 50%

Herbs are affected by the MEDIC and MEDICINE WOMAN achievement, granting you some herbs on your next playthrough, and making the herbs restore a bit more HP (and some EP) respectively when used as medicine.

Based on patron feedback the Battle Timer which separates out combat into stages is now 0.75 seconds down from 1.5 to speed up combat. So enjoy the NEW complaints of the text flashing too quickly. It feels too slow when you are used to the system, and too fast if you are new (shrug) this will always be the case.

To people commenting on combat being too hard or easy: People playing the mechanics find the game too easy because the current zones are the starting zones, people who are here to not think and fap find EGGOMON too hard. My patrons are usually experienced in the game and invested. Wot I think: Eggomon isn’t a VN, so I need to lean into it being a GAME. Combat will get harder in more challenging zones.

The BAG option during battle, which has been greyed out until now, has just been removed, since there are no battle items yet, and new people are confused as to what an alpha is.

Added several Unlocks:
LOSER AND BIG LOSER. Earned by losing battles. Each grants you a +5% chance to struggle out of a grab. Lose 5 battles and 30 battles respectively. Don’t intentionally grind this.
FIGHT OR FLIGHT: Flee a bunch of battles. Now you are 10% better at fleeing on future runs.
BACK OFF and STANDING YOUR GROUND. Earned by using repels. Don’t intentionally grind this? Repels make exploration safe but there’s just a couple areas to explore for now. Bonus is: start with a couple more repels, and your repels last longer.
MOTHERS DAY + BIRTHING MACHINE, earned by giving birth to monsters (eggs). Start with a random monster egg, or two! Who knows what could hatch? Pretty cool. The eggs take 3 days to gestate, but will STILL be the first monsters you can possibly hatch. They also start with good genetics, scout_bred and boss_bred meaning they are popping out the gate with some solid early genetic bonuses. Since there’s no other way to get boss_bred genetics right now, the genetic lines of these offspring are potentially the strongest you can currently achieve (since theoretically you can element breed these offspring, and get them good + exceptional + perfect, and they already have scout_bred, and THEN will be the only monsters with the Boss_bred ancestry bonus) No complaining for now please. The game is already stupidly easy (for now) with the fruits now in. On another note, I super love this random egg process I created...
FRUITY + FRUITY PATOOTIE, earned by eating lots of fruits. You start with +1 fruit for each unlock and they are earned by eating fruit.
MINIMALIST + EMANCIPATOR, earned by releasing many monsters. You start to gain free items when releasing monsters (representing the monster bringing you a gift as thanks / goodbye). Minimalist Items are alright sometimes you get a stone. Emancipator items are pretty good, you can even get stones and fruits.

Fixed the loss screen, it now correctly displays if a lost scout is currently pregnant or not. Before it was assumed the scouts were always preg or lost a battle from impreg, but scouts can not be preg while in the stables (really?) and players can lose fights the normal way by running out of hp (seriously?).
Fixed items being used while the inventory screen was open but other overlays were ALSO open (evolve screen / battle).

There is a persistent memory leak bug that causes the game to gradually lag more and more for people who run it over extended periods. In as little as 20 minutes some people are seeing their frames go from 60 to 16 as the game engine swallows more of their processing and junk is collected. But this isn’t happening for everyone, and might be an issue for people without Vulcan (super common graphics software) compatible cards. IF YOU ARE NOT EXPERIENCING THIS ISSUE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I am trying to figure out how widespread the problem is, and people WITH the problem are reporting it.

Nov 20, 2023
FEBRUARY 2024 FIRST:

FebVoteClosePromo.png
The fourth scout, normal type; NORMA is in the game. Come one come all and watch her delicious chocolate ass get pressed, pounded and smacked. I can’t resist starting a run without sacking Cinder and Norma first to get the stables going properly.
The new monster: Druidia the forest fawn, is in the game, as is her unevolved form; Druii

A small section of the new Dark Forest is now available to be playable. Dark Forest is to the west of Rosedew meadow and it is going to be a threat level 4/10 area, and thus important for testing the game's difficulty scaling since you COULD wander right in there from Rosedew. Avoiding fights in the dark forest will be easy, if you are just passing through it, provided you have a couple repels on you.

Version 1 of the MAP is in the game. Now you can truly understand the misguided scope of Invader Incubus future vision. M opens the map, obviously. I KNOW IT LOOKS LIKE IT WAS MADE IN MSPAINT. It WASN’T THOUGH. It was made in Aesprite, don’t bully me.

There is a new DIFFICULTY SCALING mechanic for fights. Based on the threat level of whatever area you are in; enemy monsters do more damage. This scaling will be exponential; on an upward curve, so don’t expect it to be too crazy in these early areas.

I PROMISE the next area to be added is not a forest of ANY kind; it will be the PLAINS biome. Many new art assets will need to be created to make the new plains biome and I am super looking forward to this challenge. I am going to be working on this area non-stop across Feb. And then throughout March the plains will receive repasses to bring it up to snuff. The plains will be quite large, similar to Bright Forest, and you will be able to interact with several old farm houses that were in use before the monster eggpocalypse. Also there will be monster drops added to the game that will fit neatly into such biome.

With the monthly scout vote shelved for the time being, I am reprioritizing getting enemy trainers into the game, since that will give you something ELSE to vote on going forward, so expect that soon(tm).

10$ backers of EGGOMON will be receiving access to the EGGOMON (Maplesweet) discord, so they can harass Invader Incubus about bugs in real time. This might also see the f95 zone thread become a bit less active. This will occur during the first monthly update, the 9th at the latest.

I am going to be adding new animations (X positions) to the game soon. These positions will all have the scout + monsters SPINES centered and aligned vertically. It was a big mistake for me to create X animation positions where we have a SIDE view of the scout and monster because it takes SO MUCH MORE sprite work to complete an animation from that angle. Meanwhile my favorite position, the press, allows me to use the MIRROR tool which makes animating that position MUCH easier. Until I can afford help on the game I am going to be switching all the scout animations to the already established PRESS, a camera facing doggy, and a scout facing AWAY from the camera riding cowgirl (well she's more going to be BUCKED upwards rather than riding willingly but I digress). The current animations where we see the scout lying prone, or in doggy, both from the side, will not be used going forward, but the existing animations will remain. I’d love to have shitloads of custom animations, cum, inflation, and custom bad ends but for god sakes have mercy, I am but one man. We’ll get there someday, my supporters, I believe, for now I hope you are convinced that EGGOMON is a serious project, based on the work I have done since I launched it in late November. It has just been over 2 months, but we are trucking along. TLDR: More XXX animations soon for existing and new monster; high priority.

FIXED?: Inventory is still being buggy and thinking it is open and using items when it shouldn’t. I tightened this up but didn’t have time for extensive bugfixing, so this weekend I will be troubleshooting the issue if it persists. Jiggering around monsters in slots and also releasing is still acting in a stupid, buggy way, might need ANOTHER pass on moving monsters around in slots. But I got ALL WEEKEND and then some to work on EGGOMON woo!

FebNewMonstersPromoPng.png
Patrons voting on the next Water Type monster!

Nov 20, 2023
April First
I said I wouldn’t make another massive level, and then I made the open plains.
1.png

The plains are a very wide open, empty space, and its rolling hills and spread out loot, is now added to the game. It FEELS like a sprawling open space, but that’s not necessarily a great feeling in this game format. Hopefully there are enough unique assets and points of interest to keep it engaging but honestly, I could double the points of interest in the future and make it feel more... WORTH exploring. It’s definitely the first area that drops big environmental story hints.
1.png

GALEM WINS the monthly monster poll. Her, and Pebs are finished in this update and will be stomping IN to the monster lineup. Pebs can only be caught in the open plains.
MONSTER DROP: The first WIND type is swooping in, she is, predictably, a bird. She wields the first ever WIND element move: Razornado. Which is also the first move which is one word, weirdly enough. Pippin, her unevolved form can only be found in the open plains.

NEW MONTHLY POLL:
I hope you’ve all enjoyed huge breasts and chubby monster girls because WIND type is going to get fleshed out, and these avian chicks are bringing JUSTICE. (Well maybe not vulture).
1.png

This month’s poll is between the VULTURE AND THE RAVEN, both carrion eaters, they are well suited to living in the wide open plains, which are littered with the bones of (hopefully) long dead monsters and people. The Raven wears a blindfold out of respect for the dead, and judging by vultures expression she doesn’t give a fuck what anyone thinks. I think both these turned out great, and whoever loses the election will have to be a future redemption poll challenger.

Monster special moves damage upgraded from 20dmg base to 25dmg.
Caves are less dark.
Fixed: In an earlier hotfix I corrected the Kihikihi fight and Mamamole fight to offer the correct monster when the fight is won. GET OUT OF HERE DRUII.
BUG: Don’t have a monster mount a scout in the stables and then pull the monster out and then jiggle them around your roster. The game gets really confused about where this monster is when you do this.
The game also gets confused (still) in general about the party slots. If you start doing weird shit in there, I will be looking into this, and you won’t be able to mount a monster then pull them out of the stables while they are mounted in the next update.
Camping and questing is coming. It has to come at the same time, which will almost certainly be this month.

MARCH the FIRST
March 1
Show less
At my newish job I am supposedly a helper. Unfortunately I proved my competence in 2 short months, so instead of keeping me on the backbenches during this season's contract renewal period they put me in with the more veteran techs, and then gave me the work someone who is paid more than me, couldn’t finish, for me to finish. This tied me up completely for two weeks and so this month we didn’t get a mid monthly update and I feel a lot of momentum has been lost between this workload (which is done now), and the sickness that floored me last month. ONTO THE UPDATE:

So the mid-month update didn’t get done in TIME for the mid month, BUT THE CONTENT STILL GOT DONE, I just couldn’t bring myself to release it a week before the March update so I polished it more and its coming out now:

NEW ANIMATION FINISHED:
I said I was making new animations that allowed me to draw in mirror mode, and the first of the two I am planning is done. It is doggy style, but FACING the camera. But where are the monsters to use this new animation? Well...:
1.png

MAMAMOLE is a ROCK TYPE, and she joins the cast of monsters! This big bitch took longer than expected because I wanted to get her animation, the first of a new type, correct. She's fat and wide, how I like em, and a nice contrast to the WIND type monsters I am sketching up this month who are both turning out to be slender. You can find her in the cave.
KIHIKIHI has won the monthly poll, she and her adorable unevolved form Minikihi are now a threat that exists along the rivers of the Gaian crater.

I have totally overhauled every single random encounter. Most of the improvements are going to be felt by me, since the coding organization of encounters is now way more readable. Going forward this will allow me to expand the encounter library easily. Now in encounters, you sometimes get to pick one of up to THREE monsters to recruit at the end of each fight, making the harder fights more worthwhile. There are more encounters now, the monsters are somewhat more spread out across the zones, and the encounters feel less janky (from an organizational perspective). Every monster has THEIR specific monster recruit encounter which includes two unevolved and two evolved monsters. There’s several EASY encounters early on in Rosedew meadow since it’s a starting area. Then there are more proper thematic fights, like the ‘aithonsMares’ encounter where you fight an Aithon, his Druidia, his Megamoo and their three offspring and then pick from the three offspring at the end of the fight. Or the Dog Pack fight where a male Cerberus, two Warwolves and their pups fight your party. All of this flows and looks much cleaner on my end, and will make continuing to expand the encounters easier. Not the kind of CONTENT that drives interest, but an important piece of housekeeping I had to get done.

Discord is up for 10$ tiers. I am new at MANAGING a discord server so I expect there to be problems.

1.png

This month's patron vote is for the third ROCK type monster. Will it be a golem gal or a rogue Scout-tech robot? The golem girl is actually made up of the three rock pallets I use to represent rocks across the crater, a fact I think makes her more interesting. The eyes she has are also a reference to the monster she’s descended from. Cyborg chicks with giant disembodied gauntlets are a vibe. The drone-bot meanwhile is something I wanted to hold off on introducing, a SYNTHETIC monster that has sinister implications (before the story reveal). SYNTH was actually going to be a TYPE at one point and may still become one, for balance, at which point electric and rock monsters might lose some of the roster I have planned for them. We’ll see.
This month is all going to be about reclaiming the momentum I feel I had when I kicked the prototype out the door to gauge interest. Also ignore the “Your monsters are restless because you didn’t camp.” message, Your loyal monsters cant get hungry, disobedient and jump you... Yet.
Fixed:
Norma’s pregnant sprite shows correctly (her normal sprite appeared) when she suffers an impreg loss.
Norma can now be selected when you lose a scout that isn’t her, there was a bug where you could only play as her if you STARTED as her.
UNFIXED: Save system is semi-working right now, this probably became noticeable when the number of unlocks went from 6 simple unlocks to MANY complicated unlocks. Will be working on this.

TODO:
PLAINS AREA FLESHED OUT. I am not releasing it RIGHT now, because I am not happy with it. Will at the end of the week though (8th). But all the art work for it got done this month already.
Cindrak and ROsaria’s X anim (STILL eluded completion, omg, this month I swear and I can stop thinking about it and every monster will have x anims on release going forward)
Gameplay - CAMPING v1
Gameplay - QUESTING v1

Nov 20, 2023
EGGOMON IS STILL UPDATING!

Since my last post:
Aug 19th:
  • Massively expanded the supply system to encapsulate the old achievement system.
  • Altered stable so you can access it from anywhere, but only release monsters from it while in the base
  • Added fullscreen toggle.

Aug 1st:
  • EXP UPDATE, replaced confusing achievement system with based supply system and persistent exp,
  • Zephyr added
  • Recruit monsters into your stables
  • New guide screen when game is opened
  • Altered almost all starting inventory stocks
July 1st + 4th:
  • CAMPING UPDATE, includes calories, food, obedience,
  • Warp Speed TIme with; Z
  • Thundama added with NEW X anim!
  • Vedabug added
June 1st:
  • Bugfixes
May 1st:
  • Vulcha Added + Xanim + Unevolved
  • RosariaXanim added
  • Lore Blurbs in Rosedew
  • PRE CAMPING hunger and obedience added
Apr 18th:
  • Crackrat Added + Xanim + Unevolved
  • Drakia Xanim added
  • SPRINTING added
  • Lore Blurbs FEATURE added, population begins.
BallosaurPromo.pngJulyWinner.pngJunePromoMons.png
Check out the updates on Itch.IO. Patreon, or the f95Zone thread! More monsters, zones, features! AAAAAAH!