Gates; "The Opening" Rpg Game Version 0.12

Dede Kusto

Jul 4, 2016
Hey Dede Kusto. I thought I'd tell you that you can put aside any of Mike's comments. He has been attacking the developers who are using 3d art with RPG maker MV like your game and the Forest Camp demo. What I found out is that he's apparently abandoned "Voyeur" which is an RPG Maker game made with 3D assets. The last comment on the "Voyeur" thread he started is my own comment offering encouragement back on May 4 2016. So he doesn't have a valid point at all since he's apparently abandoned a game.

Oh yeah.. Do check out Dragon Throne. I like it cuz it's got a story that will be a timesink. And the graphics aren't half bad either. Actually the gals are H.O.T.!!

Yeah, most probably that's the reason behind all this but that's ok really.

I guess I made myself clear here so that's all that matters to me :)

I downloaded the game and did some of the quests, I'll keep playing it later on. Don't want to rush it.

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
Have fun with playing Dragon Throne and with your own game! Can't wait till the next update!

Cajun

Aug 5, 2016
Hi Dede. Thanks for working this game up to this point. There are a few words spelled wrong. There are a few areas that can end in having to reload a save (pretty much walking through any door you dont belong in). Dont let the haters get you down. Not everyone has seen the inn before. Not everyone has seen the models before. I dont know the artist's work (no offense to the artist).

You have a very good base of a game, especially at version 0.01 . I am looking forward to seeing it progress.

*My one complaint: The rats are pretty strong in the basement for a lvl 1 character with no armor or weapon. You can only fight 1 then you have to run or die. I hope that wasnt too harsh of a complaint  :mad:  

Dede Kusto

Jul 4, 2016
Hi Dede. Thanks for working this game up to this point. There are a few words spelled wrong. There are a few areas that can end in having to reload a save (pretty much walking through any door you dont belong in). Dont let the haters get you down. Not everyone has seen the inn before. Not everyone has seen the models before. I dont know the artist's work (no offense to the artist).

You have a very good base of a game, especially at version 0.01 . I am looking forward to seeing it progress.

*My one complaint: The rats are pretty strong in the basement for a lvl 1 character with no armor or weapon. You can only fight 1 then you have to run or die. I hope that wasnt too harsh of a complaint  :mad:  

Thank you!

Most of the things that you have mentioned will be fixed with the new update.(I will release it in a few days) I'm also working with a proofreader right now. I added a baseball bat that you can use as a weapon. (It will give you +5 Attack points.) I just want to create some  variation by adding battles and I really don't want to bore you with undefeatable enemies or such. ^.^

There won't be a leveling system within the game instead you will gain attack, defense, and MHP points by working out.

Those people are (actually I only encountered one of them) so obvious with their intentions so I don't really feel bad or care that much about the things that they say. But I'm someone new and have to explain myself to some extent.

The things that you have said are nothing but constructive criticism and that's something I need. I don't get them as complaints. :)

Cheers!

Dede.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dede Kusto

Jul 4, 2016
Hello,

I just released a new update. For now, it's available for the patrons.  After I release a new update it will be available to the public. 

So what's new with the update:

1 new character named Aura.

Here she is :)

92ff31f668.jpg

3 New Events:
1)Doctor's Office Event
2)Aura's Event 
3)Rest of the webcam event. 

Shops & Buyable Items
There are two types of items that you can buy. One of them will restore your health and the other one will restore your energy.

You can buy the album for Ulya if you have talked with her.

I also fixed/added things that you can do inside the house.
Now you can have dinner and take a nap. These actions will restore your health and energy.

And fixed the stereo. Now it works properly and you can turn off/on the music with it. 

Also, you can use the gym's sauna and restore energy there too.

I placed a drug dealer next to Sam's house. Gates City is not an easy place to live in so yeah :) Drugs will change your morality and ego levels. Their effects are temporary and will wear off after some time.(If you use it in the morning, it's effect will wear off in the afternoon. If you use it in the afternoon it's effect will wear off next morning.)

Along with the map, I also added a baseball bat. You can equip it and use it as a weapon. It will give you +5 attack so no more dying in the cellar :)

Cheers,

Dede Kusto.

paliga

Aug 22, 2016
i played your game yesterday i love it but i need help in the first day  i help the emo girl with the director then after class he fired me!!!what i am doing wrong???

Crosaith

Jul 5, 2016
YWell... and I am tired when a lot of people use the RPGMaker standard resources... and every single RPGMaker game looks the same, with the same charas, the same music, the same tiles... based on a fantasy themed world, with the same grinding material so typical of JRPG.

But what grinds my gears is when they are sold for 20 € at steam...

Then when I see a project like this game, I am open to give itlYea 

Wahahaha !!! Principle strikes again !!

*** SPOILER ***

Keep watching after the game over screen.

Wtf quoted the wrong thing. Stupid cell phone.

paliga

Aug 22, 2016
lol he was joking???? :aaa:

cant wait to see the hot secretary in action!!!

Dede Kusto

Jul 4, 2016
Now I am stuck on the barrel puzzle xD

:/ I guess I will add a "skip puzzle" option for that. Also, I can do the same thing for the waiter mini game. A couple of people told me that too. These things can really be boring sometimes.

But, until I do that. I am with muttdoggy :munch:

WaderCrade

Aug 24, 2016
i don't know why but i can't play the game, every time it opens the menu (where you choose new game, continue, options) the games closes.

somebody know what could be the problem?

muttdoggy

Mar 23, 2016
Now I am stuck on the barrel puzzle xD

I stumped me too on the demo.. until I realized...What if I pushed all the barrels to the top so there's 2 rows of barrels on the top? 

If you've tried this before then you'll know why I thought that. I'm in the "leave it in" camp. We need to use our heads every now and then so we're reminded that it's there for a reason.  :aaaaa:

Dede Kusto

Jul 4, 2016
Hello,

Gates: The Opening V.0.02 is available to the public.

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/n2tbpu3etd8v951/Gates.rar

What's new with the version 0.02?
Shops & Buyable Items
There are two types of items that you can buy. One of them will restore your health and the other one will restore your energy.

You can buy the album for Ulya if you have talked with her.

I also fixed/added things that you can do inside the house.
Now you can have dinner and take a nap. These actions will restore your health and energy.

And I fixed the stereo. Now it works properly and you can turn off/on the music with it. 

Also, you can use the gym's sauna and restore energy there too.

I placed a drug dealer next to Sam's house. Gates City is not an easy place to live in so yeah :) Drugs will change your morality and ego levels. Their effects are temporary and will wear off after some time.(If you use it in the morning, it's effect will wear off in the afternoon. If you use it in the afternoon it's effect will wear off next morning.)

Along with the map, I also added a baseball bat as an item. You can equip it and use it as a weapon. It will give you +5 attack so no more dying in the cellar :)

Enjoy!

Dede Kusto.

Dede Kusto

Jul 4, 2016
Hello,

Version 0.04 is out for patrons and V.0.03 is available to the public
There are 12 new events related to the main story and 1 new side event. (More than 8k words)

25k6kg3.jpg

Win Version:

https://mega.nz/#!ZMAnHRgL!LoR6VMvHfOLMPtqvVFzsO_6UedYPEdTgTK_-GEpKi0c

Mac Version:

https://mega.nz/#F!RM4l0bwA!ULHoj-8vxbYE8SMRar5Gtw

-Matilda Hill with 2 new events.

-Mary Goodman with 2 new events.

-Lilia Evers with 1 new event.

-Kari Moon with 1 new event.

-Ulya Lebowski with 1 new event.

-Eva Angelina (School nurse) with 1 new event.

-Helena (Bard Girl) with 1 new event.

-Aura with a new event.

-Cassandra Hill with a new event.

-Ashley Cole (The Barista) with a new event.

-Also, a side character that you will find near to your house after school.
-Skip the waiter mini game option added. 
-Skip the puzzle option added (The one at the Inn's cellar)

Vysirez

Sep 4, 2016
Hey everyone,
this might sound dumb, but how exactly do i get to the webcam scene ? :shepicide:

I have to second this. When I started the second day, Lilia referred to something with a camera, but I didn't actually have any such event, and I can't figure out how to trigger it.

Dede Kusto

Jul 4, 2016
I have to second this. When I started the second day, Lilia referred to something with a camera, but I didn't actually have any such event, and I can't figure out how to trigger it.

Have +10 relationship points with Lilia (Let her take your number after class)

Have sex with Aura, (She appears at night on Day 1 near Sam's house)

And go to Sam's bedroom afterward.

Enjoy!

Dede Kusto. 

Dede Kusto

Jul 4, 2016
Version 0.05 out and version 0.04 available to the public.

29ygk6.jpg

29ygk6.jpg

You will have 10 new events;
2 new events with Ulya
2 new events with Lilia
2 new events with Mary
1 new event with Matilda
1 new event with Madison
1 new event with Kari
1 new event with Ms. Hellinsworth (The Librarian)

You will have the Day 3's first part. (08.00-16.00)

Enjoy!

Dede Kusto.

Dede Kusto

Jul 4, 2016
Hi,
Version 0.06 is out and 0.05 is now the new public build.

pye8o.jpg

Changelog (Version 0.06)
1 new event with Eva Angelina (Nurse)
1 new event with Matilda
1 new event with Lilia
1 new event with Kari
2 new events with Mary Goodman (Secretary)
1 new event with Aura (Prostitute)
1 new event with Grace Hellinsworth (Librarian) Her event will differ according to your previous choice.
1 new event with Hayley (Swimmer)

Happy Belated Christmas & New Years :)

Mikey

May 19, 2016
IS there a walkthrough for this game? I have enjoyed it very much, but i think i got to day 3? and at night it wouldn't let me go to bed. So idk if I'm missing something or?

Dede Kusto

Jul 4, 2016

Dede Kusto

Jul 4, 2016
n4bl83.jpg

Hi,
GtO V.0.07 is out and V0.06 is available to the public.

Changelog
2new events with Matilda.
1 new event with Ulya.
1 new event with Ashley.
1 new event with ( Cassandra+Maid)
1 new event with (Chris+Mario+Cathrine)

Reactions: Mikey

Dede Kusto

Jul 4, 2016
2qics21.jpg

GtO Version 0.08 is out! And 0.07 is available to the public.

Changelog

2 new events with Grace
1 new event with Matilda
1 new event with Kari
1 new event with Mary
1 new event with Ulya
and finally 1 new event with Lilia.