Game won't run on Android Pie

Hardcover

Nov 20, 2015
Running a Pixel 2 and got the Android Pie update yesterday. I'd noticed on the Android Pie Beta that TiTS wouldn't run at all - the screen wild flash black then go back to whatever I'd been looking at previously - but I wasn't too worried. It's a beta, I thought, I'll just post a heads-up on the bug forum and whomever does the APK packaging can make a note to update their stuff for Android Pie compatibility and everything would be fine.

But now, Android Pie has started to go love, both my phone and TiTS have been updated, and still I cannot get the game to launch on my phone at all. So I'm starting to wonder if it's even the OS and not something I'm doing wrong? I downloaded the APK with ADM, since direct downloading doesn't work right now. Am I forgetting a step somewhere?

RS84

May 3, 2017
I'm having the same issue. Tried updating, no change. I have apps older than this that still run fine, so there's something specific to this app that's making it happen. CoC1 has the same problem. I hope whatever is causing this to happen is fixable.

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Did you download the game using Chrome? Try a different browser.

Hardcover

Nov 20, 2015
No, I downloaded it using an app called ADM, and I had both TiTS and CoC1 working just fine before I upgraded to Pie. It downloaded and installed correctly insofar as I can tell, it just seems like the compiler (or whatever) is being used to create the APKs isn't creating ones that work on Pie somehow.

RS84

May 3, 2017
It has nothing to do with how it was downloaded. For instance, I downloaded mine through Firefox, and also reinstalled.

The only thing that's changed is my device was updated to Android 9. It doesn't appear to be compatible.

neo12396

Aug 16, 2018
I can confirm this is an issue with Android pie as well was playing fine updated my pixel XL and neither tits or coc will launch any more. If I try to open them first click on the app does nothing at all second will flash a black screen and then crash.

neo12396

Aug 16, 2018
Tried installing both of those after downloading with armorfly browser(what I've been using to download these games since the chrome issue) and it can not complete the install. Do I have to uninstall my previous version instead of trying to update it? I was trying to avoid loosing progress is the only reason I haven't tried it yet myself.

Aug 16, 2018
I had trouble with this too, for me the solution was to install the program via a third party zip extractor. Let me know if it works.

neo12396

Aug 16, 2018
Tried starting the install from es file explorer and also tried to install using an apk installer from Rythem software neither helped always ended with a screen saying app not installed

K

Krynh

Tried installing both of those after downloading with armorfly browser(what I've been using to download these games since the chrome issue) and it can not complete the install. Do I have to uninstall my previous version instead of trying to update it? I was trying to avoid loosing progress is the only reason I haven't tried it yet myself.
If you dont want to loose progress, do a save to file.

Aug 16, 2018
I'm not sure if I was quite clear about what I meant by a zip extractor, once you have a Tits android p file in the downloads folder on your device open it with the zip extractor then it will prompt and install that should work.

neo12396

Aug 16, 2018
I just decided it's time to start over and uninstalled it then do a clean install that did the trick. Didn't see the last reply until after I had done it.