Game will not save to disk

Dark Ether

Aug 27, 2015
After several days on the regular forum with no response, I guess I'll post here since it therefore must be a bug for which no one has an answer.  Using the same browser (essentially Firefox) I've used for years, I find I can no long save games to my hard drive with the Save File button.  It was working fine through February or so, but has not saved any of them in the past several weeks.  

I've searched my entire computer for the files, and they are simply not there.  I loaded a game a few moments ago and tried again, and nothing whatsoever was saved.

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
When using save to file, the file should be saved in your default downloads location (Downloads on windows). Save File won't work playing offline.

Dark Ether

Aug 27, 2015
I'm not playing offline.  It's not saving to my default location.  As I said, it's not saving anywhere - I've done a file search on my hard drive and they are just not there.  The ones from Jan-Feb are, but nothing for the past month.

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
Whatever it is, it's something on your end. I tested just now and save to file works from fenoxo's page, both in Firefox and Chrome.

Check if you have have any plugins that could interfere, like noscript or similar. Try playing in Chrome if you have that installed.

Dark Ether

Aug 27, 2015
No script is turned off on this site, the same as it was back in February when I could save files.  I'll just let it go until something updates and see if it suddenly wakes up.

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
Well, do try running the game on regular Firefox (not "essentially Firefox") or Chrome and tell me how that goes. I'm fairly certain it's your browser/plugins that's causing this.

Dark Ether

Aug 27, 2015
If it were my browser, then it would have not been working all along, instead of just suddenly stopping a month ago. 

Alder

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 26, 2015
FoE continously updates its codebase. New code not being compatible with your browser, but working fine on mainstream ones: I'd say that's your browser.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
I'm having problems with 'saving to file' as well. I'm using Internet Explorer myself.