[Game Version: 0.9.001-BACKER#2029] Can't Turn On Hardlight Anti-Grav Thong

TheFastandtheFurriest

Sep 3, 2021
After equipping a Hardlight Anti-Grav Thong (the one that can act as a strap-on or plugs), I checked through the masturbation menu and checked the inspect menu for the item itself, but the option for wearing a dildo in your character doesn't seem to be available anywhere.

JakeFromStateFarm

Jan 15, 2016
After equipping a Hardlight Anti-Grav Thong (the one that can act as a strap-on or plugs), I checked through the masturbation menu and checked the inspect menu for the item itself, but the option for wearing a dildo in your character doesn't seem to be available anywhere.
you can do that? be penetrated by hardlight panties youre wearing?

TheFastandtheFurriest

Sep 3, 2021
you can do that? be penetrated by hardlight panties youre wearing?
I remember it being possible in the original flash version, and checking the wiki page:

"The PC can access the HL Thong through a button in the interact menu. There they can toggle whether to have their vagina(s)/ass/both/neither filled with dildos. By default everything is off. Taking the thong off resets to the default settings."

https://wiki.smutosaur.us/TiTS/Hardlight_Anti-Grav_Thong

Syth Dracous

Apr 14, 2022
Mark instance number 10 or 11 of some version of this question or Nova/Wulfe interaction being asked about since the JS version started, ATM these 3 items where the ones from Flash that had an "Interact" menu which to date hasn't been ported over despite the many questions on both this and the general forum.

JakeFromStateFarm

Jan 15, 2016
Mark instance number 10 or 11 of some version of this question or Nova/Wulfe interaction being asked about since the JS version started, ATM these 3 items where the ones from Flash that had an "Interact" menu which to date hasn't been ported over despite the many questions on both this and the general forum.
is there a way to circumvent this yet? because i do know you can talk with nova in your ship, so i assume you can do the same with wulfe, so can you "talk" to your panties while in ship? or is this a "hurry up and wait" situation while we hope that the devs dont drop/forget this issue in their eagerness to add new content.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
I've been working down the list of issues in the forum, always sniping whatever was on top. I would have eventually gotten around to it but DZ brought it up as a thing he wanted to jump on. We talked through the potentials and afaik he is presently chipping away at it some.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
To me, it seems like the obvious place would be under 'Inspect'. At least, if you don't want to make a separate button for it.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
It fits into a bracket of other sem-related instances that we want to handle at the same time though; consider piercings and cocksocks for example.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I'd put removal of piercings under Appearance. Cocksocks/rings could probably go there too. Unless you want to handle them all the same way.
The real question is how to communicate it to the player. I'd say the Codex could have an entry, but who reads that anyway?
I'm probably not saying anything you haven't already thought of.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Basically :gedthink:

The takeaway is that we're gonna tweak the current interface component to have an extra button that will give us the ability to have a dedicated interact button, and then make a few extra modifications to support cramming in a list of active piercings say - and then we can have buttons elsewhere in the UI that can shortcut you to the inventory screen in a specific mode, like Piercings or Cocksocks etc.

JakeFromStateFarm

Jan 15, 2016
Basically :gedthink:

The takeaway is that we're gonna tweak the current interface component to have an extra button that will give us the ability to have a dedicated interact button, and then make a few extra modifications to support cramming in a list of active piercings say - and then we can have buttons elsewhere in the UI that can shortcut you to the inventory screen in a specific mode, like Piercings or Cocksocks etc.
rough guesstimate of when we might see this pushed to live builds? next couple of weeks? less, more? something something keep it open ended enough to not lock yourself into a projected time period?

Syth Dracous

Apr 14, 2022
Jake, I'm pretty sure it gets the SoonTM answer to ETA on this feature returning as it seems there is some code pasta between there and here.

Gedan

BUTTS BUTTS BUTTS
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Probably this week, depends how much the UI code wants to resist. In theory all of the tricky stuff already exists, it's gluing it back together in a slightly different form, but there's always the possibility that I'm overlooking something that will require delving into the depths of the garbage can to cook up some absolute hot trash code to find the last little 5% of effort somewhere along the lines. Like the stuff I had to write in the end to make the shop inventory calculations actually work.

JavaScript:
    updateMaxQuantities(itemList)
    {
        let tempInventory = null;
        let maxStacks = 0;
        // Collapses the pending items into a replica of the players inventory in a grouped format
        if (this.state.shipMode == ShipItemShopMode.Disabled)
        {
            tempInventory = [].concat(pc.inventory.storage);
            maxStacks = pc.inventory.maxSlots;
        }
        else if (this.state.shipMode == ShipItemShopMode.Gadgets)
        {
            tempInventory = [].concat(pc_ship.inventory.storage);
            maxStacks = pc_ship.capacity();
        }
        else if (this.state.shipMode == ShipItemShopMode.Weapons)
        {
            tempInventory = [].concat(pc_ship.inventory.equippedItems.weapons);
            maxStacks = pc_ship.gunCapacity();
        }
        let startingInventoryCount = tempInventory.length;
        // Use copies so we can mess with the values
        tempInventory = this.groupItems(tempInventory.map(v => v.makeCopy()));
        // Remove sale quantities
        this.groupItems(this.state.itemsToSell).forEach(fs => {
            let ii = tempInventory.filter(e => e.getClassName() == fs.getClassName());
            if (ii.length > 0)
            {
                ii[0].quantity -= fs.quantity;
            }
        });
        // Inject purchase quantities
        this.groupItems(this.state.itemsToBuy).forEach(fs => {
            let ii = tempInventory.filter(e => e.getClassName() == fs.getClassName());
            if (ii.length > 0)
            {
                ii[0].quantity += fs.quantity;
            }
            else
            {
                let c = fs.makeCopy();
                c.quantity = fs.quantity;
                tempInventory.push(c);
            }
        });

// Remove anything that ended up at 0 quant
        tempInventory = tempInventory.filter(i => i.quantity > 0);
        // Ungroup the collapsed items back into a similar form that it would take as an inventory list
        let postChangeInventory = this.ungroupItems(tempInventory);
        if (this.state.ShopMode === ShopMode.BUY) 
        {
            itemList.forEach(item => {
                let potentiallyMergableStacks = postChangeInventory.filter(e => e.getClassName() == item.getClassName());
                let availableMerge = potentiallyMergableStacks.reduce((acc, cur) => {
                    return acc + (cur.stackSize - cur.quantity)
                }, 0);
                // We have to figure out which items are actually new so that we can properly isolate "items of this type that are already bought"
                // and new items that we need to include in the max quantity values appropriately.
                let newItemsOfType = this.state.itemsToBuy.filter(e => e.getClassName() == item.getClassName());
                let newMax = newItemsOfType.reduce((acc, curr) => acc + curr.quantity, 0);
                newMax += availableMerge;
                newMax += ((maxStacks - postChangeInventory.length) * item.stackSize);
                if (item._saleMax != 0) newMax = Math.min(newMax, item._saleMax);
                item.maxQuantity = newMax;
            });
        }
        let diffFromInitial = postChangeInventory.length - startingInventoryCount;
        return [postChangeInventory.length, maxStacks, diffFromInitial];
    }

... and pasting that makes me realise I should probably upate it to also handle the canMergeWith() shit.

JakeFromStateFarm

Jan 15, 2016
Soon™
Jake, I'm pretty sure it gets the SoonTM answer to ETA on this feature returning as it seems there is some code pasta between there and here.
tbh, i was fishing for a soon™ reply

one_two

Jan 20, 2022
I'd put removal of piercings under Appearance. Cocksocks/rings could probably go there too. Unless you want to handle them all the same way.
Having "Piercings" button in your "Appearance" menu would be logical, since that's where other similar functions are at the moment -- "Collar" and zippers of your "Slave Suit".

TheFastandtheFurriest

Sep 3, 2021
Oh cool, glad to hear it's getting worked on! I was unsure if it was meant to be there but just not working, but if its just part of a series of things that need to be worked into the UI somehow, then that makes sense.

Also it is only today that I learned that gedmojis existed :gedthumbsup: