Galotian scientist idea

Callmefrank

Oct 17, 2018
So, this is a thought I've had on my head for a while now, so I decided to give it a go and see what the rest of the community thinks. Slimes, oozes, goo creatures, etc. have pretty much always been my favorite kind of fantasy monster, but I find it sad how few of them are actually made to be sentient or, when not mindless, extremely simplistic in regards to their minds. While I like how Galotians were made much more than other examples of thinking blob creatures, the addition of the core which can increase their intelligence a lot made me start to think of the idea one Galotian with a core could envision their species as more than bubbly companions for other races. And so, they begin studying, learning how to better exploit picardine and the Galotian's natural bio-engineering abilities to at least give them a chance at what they consider a better life.

My idea was that a month or two after Steele successfully aids a project directed towards the altering of a species' nature (Pexiga, Orange Myr or Shekka's plan come to mind) they'd get an email from someone calling themselves a fellow seeker of improvement (or something like that, I suck at that kinda thing, sounds a bit melodramatic to me but best I could think of) and get invited to the scientist's lab in hopes of being assisted with research (fetch rare materials, plants with certain mutagenic properties and whatnot, maybe throw some money at one point). Not sure which planet I'd have the lab be in, so I figured I'd ask with small stuff like that here too. Anyways, going to the specified place ends up with Steele being surprised by an androgynous liquid person in a lab coat, introduced to our smart goo, given a tour of the place if wanted, some talk options (flirt included, but the Steele charm won't work for a while) and the first assignment. Each completed assignment helps the Galotian get closer to finding a way of helping the species without the need for ludicrous amounts of picardine and the Galotian already being more predisposed towards learning than your average slimegirl, as well as letting Steele know more about the scientific puddle and their work, eventually getting closer both emotionally and physically.

The scientist themselves would be a very focused person, devoted to their work more than anything. Born after a companion goo was fed enough, they were simply curious enough to look into the history of other Galotians and how they met the nice protein-giving people. Amazed by the tale of Galos and how different Galotians were from other species, they began talking to their 'siblings', but they didn't really care much. Even their mother hadn't heard of Galos before then. So, our brave goo person decided to leave their home and show people how amazing Galotians were.
That was over a century ago. Our scientist had little to no knowledge of the world outside of being a companion, and hunger quickly led to them taking up that role again. Going from one handler to the next (which hurt everytime due to how loyal Galotians are, but this was a slime on a mission!) until by a turn of fate they managed to come across a gruff but lonely miner that could give big nice meals. It was with this miner that our goo finally got their picardine core, and things quickly changed afterwards. Understanding was easier, learning came naturally without needing to just mimic what others did or parrot their words. And knowledge took them to the realization of the kind of lives most of their species lead, being a bunch ditzes (ditzii? ditzs?) that are sought after for their talents as cumdumps. Now, the goal was different. It wasn't just about telling everyone how great they are, but rather showing them and helping them see it like they now did.
A couple decades and many smart or wealthy companions and clients later, our little ooze had enough know-how and resources to begin their work. Progress was non-existant at first and help next to impossible to acquire. Some brushed a Galotian trying to do science off as a joke by a master or mistress that indulged their pet's delusion and others even rejected the idea, for they were more than content with their slutty puddles as they were.

In terms of personality, our slime is old but still carries a very youthful spirit and unshakeable determination. They admire all things related to breaking the norm when it comes to a species' tendencies and would get very excited upon meeting Shekka if her plan's been finished. Overall, they seem very kind and empathic as long as people know better than to try and belittle or hinder their work. They try as hard as they can to imitate the behavior of other core species, such as wearing clothes and maintaining a humanoid shape. In regards to Steele flirting, they will flat out reject any advances until a romantic relationship has been established. Despite the pride they feel for their species and their potential, the scientist does their best to avoid doing anything typically associated with the dim Galotians (for example, they feed exclusively on a synthezised protein paste rather than anything made by other organisms). They believe their goal will be for the improvement of all Galotians, but even if they succeeded they'd never force others to become like them, for they remember how happy one could be despite their limited mental faculties.
That being said, given what they wish to accomplish they would very much be against any sort of modification that messed with someone's mind and/or reduced their intelligence or, even worse, those who do such things to others against their will. This could lead to an attitude shift and a much more serious discussion if Steele was bimbofied by Badger, took Dumbfuck, Mitzi is in the crew, etc.

I doubt I'll find the time to write it all anytime soon, and the amount of interactions I want to have based on the things and people Steele has around them alone would give me more than enough work. For now, I'd just like to put the idea out there and get feedback from you guys, decide whether this is worth a shot or not.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
If this is your first time writing I'd recommend a smaller project first to get your feet wet or a smaller version of what you're proposing, as in you meet them, talk to them and then fuck them kind of thing. Leave things like crew content and advanced story stuff and other crew interactions for times when you can do an x-pac or something. I gotta tell ya, nothing's more disappointing than writing up absolutely everything that has to do with your idea to a point of 100+ pages and then having it be rejected.

Otherwise they sound interesting and they would be a nice change of pace around galotians.

Callmefrank

Oct 17, 2018
Not first writing project, but first one with this amount of variables. And I planned on dividing it from the start, although certain interactions with crew I thought of having at the first meeting, but can then be expanded on with conversations after doing missions.

Reactions: ChromaTaphore

Hessh

Apr 6, 2018
14SPJ89322977 mgrs location
I like this idea. I really like all the bio-engineering side quest like the orange myr, shekka quest, and the nova quest. It makes sense to me that Steele would take as many opportunities to advance Steele Tech in as many fields as possible.

Linarahn

Jan 6, 2017
Would that also open up the possibility of giving Celise a boost? Does the completion of the Gray Goo quest (including the gray goo armor) influence anything at all? Would that scientist also seek comparison to Rahn and their subspecies?

Callmefrank

Oct 17, 2018
I imagine they'd be pretty interested in ''improving'' Celise, but I'd have to ask their original writer if she'd want to. Even then, it'd be xpac content, because you don't uplift an entire race like that with just one quest and throwing credits at a person. I plan on having interactions with Nova if she's a followers but again, xpac. And on the rahn matter, they are aware people would think they're somehow related, but they're a completely separate species. One is a single big cell, the other is many multi-purpose ones. Plus rahn don't have a reputation for being airheads as far as I know.

Dragonice

Oct 7, 2017
Giving Celise picardine would be an interesting concept however I wouldn't know how that would change her. An interesting idea I wish you luck with that.