Frostwyrm TFs resulting in Zaika-morph race.

Nivaeli

Jul 14, 2021
I always use a mixture of Gryvain, Reptilium, and Frostwyrm tfs for my ideal dragon look. However in recent updates, I've noticed that once I get to Uveto for the Frostwyrm tf, the game clases me as a Zaika-morph despite not a single Zaika tf. I do use tentatool for non-parasitic pussytail and convert it to dragon tail via reptilium, so maybe thats whats causing the issue? I've attached a copy of my most recent save file for reference. Not 100% sure if this has already been posted, but I couldn't find any so I'm assuming not.

Attachments

• Rosalyn (F) - 4Hrs 32Mins, 1216 Days - Myrellion, Sindathu.json
    767.3 KB · Views: 7

Jn_Sinnombre

Dec 26, 2023
I've noticed that once I get to Uveto for the Frostwyrm tf, the game clases me as a Zaika-morph despite not a single Zaika tf. I do use tentatool for non-parasitic pussytail and convert it to dragon tail via reptilium, so maybe thats whats causing the issue?
Yup! it's because of the Tailpussy and Freckles i think.

You could just have a Glowing Red eyes so it would show up as Frostwyrm, just use that Tf which only messes with eyes (Rainbow Gaze) and choose Glowing Red, or get taller than 7' (2,1 m)
1715461608093.png

For me it's saying it's Frostwyrm morph tho

1715461688413.png

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Unfortunately, this is one of those edge cases when mixing properties from each race (because of your desired look), so there is a tendency for this to happen. Though you always have the option to set your Preferred Race in the character's appearance screen if your score is high enough. If the generic parts of the zaika scoring does become a larger problem when intersecting other races, there may need to be a revision to it, but for now, I think it is okay, especially since you don't have any conflicting overlaps between the scores for frostwyrm and zaika.

I don't think I'll block off any potential race names just because the planet for that race hasn't been unlocked yet as that would introduce another layer of complexity that has very little payoff.

Reactions: valkyr42

Nivaeli

Jul 14, 2021
Darn, guess I'm stuck as is then. It would be nice if we could force-change the race we register as though, or even input our own custom race name. I'm curious how above you got it to say Frostwyrm-morph though, cause mine says Zaika-morph no matter what I do. There ain't any option to choose between as preferred race either since apparently neither are high enough. (side note, how to view that screen above that shows racial values and contributors?)

Bast

Aug 12, 2021
Does your pfp here represent your ingame character in any way? If so, get rid of your Steele's freckles and they'll turn into a Frostwyrm again.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Darn, guess I'm stuck as is then. It would be nice if we could force-change the race we register as though, or even input our own custom race name. I'm curious how above you got it to say Frostwyrm-morph though, cause mine says Zaika-morph no matter what I do. There ain't any option to choose between as preferred race either since apparently neither are high enough. (side note, how to view that screen above that shows racial values and contributors?)
When I loaded your save on my end, it also showed Frostwyrm-morph by default so I don't see how you're getting Zaika by default unless maybe you are playing an older version of the game that is missing out on some of the race score refinements a couple builds back.

To show the race scores, if you have cheats enabled, when you go into the Codex and view your character's stats, there should be a button for the race breakdowns. If cheats are not enabled, it would be a disabled button.

Bast

Aug 12, 2021
How many builds back? I'm on 0.9.097-BACKER-ELECTRON#4854 windows and it says zaika-morph for me as well.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
How many builds back? I'm on 0.9.097-BACKER-ELECTRON#4854 windows and it says zaika-morph for me as well.
I'm not sure how far back, but the current version of the game (v0.9.097) shows Frostwyrm-morph for me. I suppose, since both scores are at 5/12, they are essentially of equal weighting, so it'll come down to how your game sorts the scores, maybe? Computational sorting may be based on your device and regional settings, though I am not 100% positive this is causing the inconsistent results.

Since this is yet another edge case, and the scores seem too low to be selectable in the Preferred Species menu (ideally you would want over 50%--I think this threshold was lowered from 80%, so I don't think I'll lower it again), I suggest that the OP obtain at least one more Frostwyrm body part so the Frostwyrm-morph/Frostwyrm race determination actually sticks.

Edit: To prevent confusion, I've made an edit for the next release. If this edge case ever happens (having the top two races with matching scores that are also below the 50% threshold), the character should now be considered an "alien-hybrid". Again, if you want to guarantee a specific race, one race has to be greater than the other in the least.

Last edited:

Nivaeli

Jul 14, 2021
Does your pfp here represent your ingame character in any way? If so, get rid of your Steele's freckles and they'll turn into a Frostwyrm again.
Yeah my pfp is who I play as, my primary oc in every run/game I play. I try to recreate her best I can with ingame content, which amounts to a draconic humanoid with my own flavors like pussy tail and the like. I might need to use the racial score menu to fine-tune what I do and do not have though to prevent this from happening again in the future.
When I loaded your save on my end, it also showed Frostwyrm-morph by default so I don't see how you're getting Zaika by default unless maybe you are playing an older version of the game that is missing out on some of the race score refinements a couple builds back.

To show the race scores, if you have cheats enabled, when you go into the Codex and view your character's stats, there should be a button for the race breakdowns. If cheats are not enabled, it would be a disabled button.
The version I'm on is the latest I can get from the download page; TiTS-public-0.9.097-win
Via your instructions I managed to find the racial score page in the codex, I was thinking it'd be under the "appearance" tab section instead of stats, so thats my bad. I have cheats enabled at all times for personal tweaking or funtime stuff, so I was mildly confused as to where to find the racial scores, thanks for the clarification.
I'm not sure how far back, but the current version of the game (v0.9.097) shows Frostwyrm-morph for me. I suppose, since both scores are at 5/12, they are essentially of equal weighting, so it'll come down to how your game sorts the scores, maybe? Computational sorting may be based on your device and regional settings, though I am not 100% positive this is causing the inconsistent results.

Since this is yet another edge case, and the scores seem too low to be selectable in the Preferred Species menu (ideally you would want over 50%--I think this threshold was lowered from 80%, so I don't think I'll lower it again), I suggest that the OP obtain at least one more Frostwyrm body part so the Frostwyrm-morph/Frostwyrm race determination actually sticks.

Edit: To prevent confusion, I've made an edit for the next release. If this edge case ever happens (having the top two races with matching scores that are also below the 50% threshold), the character should now be considered an "alien-hybrid". Again, if you want to guarantee a specific race, one race has to be greater than the other in the least.
Oof. Well I'll take this as a win either way, thanks for all the clarification and help! Even if this is a user-error like in my case, its nice to have feedback and the like. I'll tweak my racial values and see if I can come up with a better result that is less obscure like it is currently.