Frostwyrm Companion [WIP group project] (Shelved)

omega12008

Sep 7, 2015
Ember 2.0!
Just an idea a group of people shared on a Adj/Fen stream for a new companion character.

Group project so anyone can pitch in.

Frostwyrm Companion

PM For Edit link.

Make sure to poke into the chat system for google docs if you have an idea and want to have it plugged in.

Will adjust this post as details are fleshed out.

EDIT:

Project has been shelved due to far too many plot holes and No's from both the creator of the Frostwyrm and many prominent members of the forum.

Last edited:

ChainedWolf

Sep 3, 2015
Neither Fen nor Gedan are going to be interested in coding something with as many variables as this seems it'll have.
You'd be better off picking one path and following through with that.
Prune down the different personality ideas at least.
Other than that I hope you complete this.

Aug 8, 2017
If you end up with more character paths and ideas than you can really fit into a single character, you might be better off splitting them into separate characters somewhere down the line so the work doesn't have to go to waste.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
This is too ambitious for your first project. Start with one character and worry about variants later.

Reactions: Zavos

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
It's funny because he thinks Fen will allow NPCs that are 10+ feet tall onto the ship.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
I think the cargo bay is already home to the Varmint and Siegwulfe and Celise and Nova and...

Seriously, looking at this and I feel like it's another Bess/Ben nightmare in the making.

Aug 8, 2017
I did wonder if there's a spaceship upgrade at some point. You can install stuff, but even a remodel might be fitting for a jet-setting sex-crazed adventurer.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
There's a major upgrade planned to add more spaceships to the game.

And @Thebiologist, that was kind of the joke. Steele has the Casstech, which has only 3 beds but at the moment can potentially have Anno, Azra, Bess/Ben, Celise, Reaha, Sera, Yammi, Nova, Siegwulfe, Pexiga, Varmint and (soon) Paige as crewmates. So where is Steele keeping them all?

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
That was kind of the joke. Steele has the Casstech, which has only 3 beds but at the moment can potentially have Anno, Azra, Bess/Ben, Celise, Reaha, Sera, Yammi, Nova, Siegwulfe, Pexiga, Varmint and (soon) Paige as crewmates. So where is Steele keeping them all?
Jeebus. We're not only gonna need a bigger ship, but a bigger bed (Or beds) at that.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Steele has the Casstech, which has only 3 beds but at the moment can potentially have Anno, Azra, Bess/Ben, Celise, Reaha, Sera, Yammi, Nova, Siegwulfe, Pexiga, Varmint and (soon) Paige as crewmates. So where is Steele keeping them all?
Pippa is recruitable too.
I imagine the bunks are set in a way not unlike a Tetris game.

Reactions: Evil and ShySquare

TFMaster

That was kind of the joke. Steele has the Casstech, which has only 3 beds but at the moment can potentially have Anno, Azra, Bess/Ben, Celise, Reaha, Sera, Yammi, Nova, Siegwulfe, Pexiga, Varmint and (soon) Paige as crewmates. So where is Steele keeping them all?
Two words TARDIS Tech.
Also can't the Frostwyrm just fly along alongside the ship? Maybe it is capable of flying through space not unlike Ridley the Space Dragon from the Metroid series.

omega12008

Sep 7, 2015
It's funny because he thinks Fen will allow NPCs that are 10+ feet tall onto the ship.

10 is max range, its adjustabl
Two words TARDIS Tech.
Also can't the Frostwyrm just fly along alongside the ship? Maybe it is capable of flying through space not unlike Ridley the Space Dragon from the Metroid series.

Would have to ask Savin since its his creation. I just made the doc for the project because Adjatha said they would draw an anthro frostwyrm femdragon if someone did, and I wanted to see that :D

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
How is 10 the max range when your doc very clearly says: Height: 15’ to 20’

Also fuck did Adj really say that? Now I want to see a Frostie too.

QuietCoyote

Aug 12, 2017
I'm the one that's been working on this project primarily, and i'll say this:
IT. WON'T. ALL. HAPPEN. AT. ONCE.
I understand exactly how big something like this will be, in terms of code, and I know the nightmares known as Bess/Ben and Paige.
IF, and this is a big IF, it becomes more than a little pet project of mine, I will be coding the ENTIRE thing myself.
The last thing I want to do is force that shit on someone else.

Mark these words, I'll stand by them.

Last edited:

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
THEN IT MUST BE COMPLETED! :D

I really hope you don't.

And if you do, based on what's in the doc right now, I'll almost certainly veto it getting in. Nothing in that document makes any sense in relation to the actual Frostwyrm in game.

If you just want an anthro dragon girl waifu, Gedan has a race of them planned. Go use one of them. Don't take one of the most mysterious entities in the game and just say "But what if WAIFU!! :D"

QuietCoyote

Aug 12, 2017
That's kinda what made it so fun, having our own interpretation of a character that nobody knows about. Reflecting on it though, this project was a bit too much of a stretch. Too many plot holes that we planned.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
God damnnit people, whether it's 'fun' or not, it got multiple hard 'No's because it didn't make sense at all. Quit pushing it as if it's gonna change his mind.