Frostleaf won't trigger blue scales/penis (possible clash with Manticore Nip?).

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
So I wished to give my Champion a blue salamander knob. Keeping in mind that the Champ had "latent" dark green scales from having triggered a Manticore Nip transformation for its wings, I tried several combinations:
  • Turgid Mushroom-infused Frostleaf. I mean, the wiki says it can give you a blue one.
  • Mandrake Root-infused Frostleaf + Turgid Mushroom-infused Frostleaf. I know the wiki says it only works with scale colours that have yet to be set, but...
  • Mandrake Root-infused Root of Man + Turgid Mushroom-infused Frostleaf/Mandrake Root-infused Root of Man + Mandrake Root-infused Frostleaf + Turgid Mushroom-infused Frostleaf, just in case that getting rid of the wings helped.

Nothing worked so far. Is RNGesus laughing at me or is one transformation item clashing with another? Is there a way to reset or change the set scale colour?

Raginmund

Aug 21, 2021
So I wished to give my Champion a blue salamander knob. Keeping in mind that the Champ had "latent" dark green scales from having triggered a Manticore Nip transformation for its wings, I tried several combinations:
  • Turgid Mushroom-infused Frostleaf. I mean, the wiki says it can give you a blue one.
  • Mandrake Root-infused Frostleaf + Turgid Mushroom-infused Frostleaf. I know the wiki says it only works with scale colours that have yet to be set, but...
  • Mandrake Root-infused Root of Man + Turgid Mushroom-infused Frostleaf/Mandrake Root-infused Root of Man + Mandrake Root-infused Frostleaf + Turgid Mushroom-infused Frostleaf, just in case that getting rid of the wings helped.

Nothing worked so far. Is RNGesus laughing at me or is one transformation item clashing with another? Is there a way to reset or change the set scale colour?
So, after testing, I can confirm that it doesn't seem to be as a result of any clash with the wings gained from Manticore Nip.
It appears to be an issue / inconsistency with how the Scale Color transformation happens for both Frostleaf and Cinderleaf respectively. Basically, the Cock Color transformation is based on the Scale Color transformation, and the Scale Color transformation is quite misleading -- upon getting the first Scale Color transformation one will get Brown scales. The very next Scale Color transformation will give one the desired Scale Colors reflected on the Wiki -- Blue, Indigo, Sapphire scales for Frostleaf, and Crimson, Red, Ruby scales for Cinderleaf.

It seems that one needs the Scale Color to be one of the above variations (i.e. not Brown scales) in order for the Cock Color transformation to yield the respective same colored Cock. Basically, this also means that if the player character doesn't have any of the above Scale Colors (i.e. no scales in general), or only has Brown scales, then the Cock Color transformation will always yield them a Brown cock. This is not consistent with what's indicated on the Wiki for both the Frostleaf and Cinderleaf transformation items, so one would imagine it could possibly be a bug -- as there is no way to get a Blue cock with just a Turgid Mushroom infused Frostleaf, nor a Red cock with just a Turgid Mushroom infused Cinderleaf -- one would need the corresponding Scale Color prior to the Cock Color transformation.

This also means that if one was using Frostleaf / Cinderleaf in their base forms (i.e. base / raw transformation item forms, no reagents), one would need to ensure that the Scale Color transformations happened before the Cock Color transformations, otherwise one would be left with a Brown cock, and no way to undo it, unless they used some Turgid Mushroom infused Roots of Man to clear the transformation and try again.

I'll attach some saves below so you can test the above yourself.

Saves:
Test -- Base save to test based upon Kesil's findings.
TestTwo -- Save to test whether Hair Color had any affect on the Scale Color, which it did not. Attached the save just for clarity sake -- it's effectively the same as the base save, except the base save has Brown hair and TestTwo has Red hair.
TestThree -- Save to test Cinderleaf based on the same specifications of the base save, and Kesil's findings.
TestFour -- Save to test the Frostleaf and Cinderleaf transformation items in their base / raw (i.e. non-reagent applied / infused) forms.

*Disclaimer:
The saves have the respective transformation items spawned in for testing purposes, however, there has been no save editing done to them at all.
Thus, I do not see how they would not be valid for bug reporting purposes, as they're not invalid from any save editing.

There is a possibility that this above interaction could be classified as a bug. If that is the case, I'd possibly suggest a moderator move this thread to the "CoC2 Bug Reports" sub-forum.

Attachments

• CoC2 Test 0.coc2
    3.9 KB · Views: 65
  • CoC2 TestTwo 0.coc2
    4 KB · Views: 67
  • CoC2 TestThree 0.coc2
    3.7 KB · Views: 67
  • CoC2 TestFour 0.coc2
    3.7 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: Kesil