Follow-Up To Previous Post

JadedBlade

Feb 28, 2021
For starters, thank you all so much for all the help and I for you have given me :) Honestly, thank you all :)

As WolframL suggested, I did not know about the companion rule, or any other rules for that matter. A couple days ago people were talking about the games on a discord server I’m a part of, and were saying how much they enjoyed the games. Seeing as I never had played an erotic game before but had wanted to, since this was free I decided to try it out. I’m a super slow reader, but since the character creation, the game had me hooked hehe :) While its sad that she isn’t a companion, I do get it now and realize how much time it would take. I’m genuinely sorry if I came off as if I thought it was anything but an excruciating amount of time and commitment, I genuinely didn’t know if she was a companion and if I was wasting my time trying to figure out how to recruit her hehe :) I’m not sure who this is a compliment to, but her story seemed so developed and her character so great, that I genuinely couldn’t tell. I’m sad that she can’t be a companion, but I have come up with a “way” to have an actual romantic relationship with her. It’s mostly just role-playing, but with a bit of mind magic, it gets it across. I’m sorry if that doesn’t make any sense, at the end I plan to give what I plan to do to “simulate” it.

Now that that is out of the way, I think I need to address my comment about Cait. I’m not the best at reading social cues and stuff, but I’m pretty sure what I received is hate? I’m not sure and am really sorry if I’m reading the situation wrong :(
Either way, I feel like I may have come off as wrong in this situation and I’m sorry if I made anyone angry. Judging by the way people talked about this single sentence random comment, I can tell that a lot of people have said/complained about similar things. What I meant was have us be in a polycule relationship, or something else, not a monogamist relationship. I completely understand about her religion and it being a big part of it (I haven’t got that far in the hours I’ve played, but I’m pretty sure saying it’s a “big part” isn’t giving it justice) but relationships deal with more than just sex, especially romantic ones. I guess a better word would be an open relationship? I don’t know, but I can say that I didn’t mean she wouldn’t sleep with anyone else. I feel like that still may have not cleared it up, and I’m genuinely sorry about that, sometimes I’m not the best with words (even though I am both a writer(not that good I don’t think...) and a semi decent editor(some may disagree...)) and I hope that that helps clear it up, at the very least a little. I also have an idea for a romantic relationship role-playing thing with her like with Grainne, and I’ll share it as well after hers. It’s only really one thing at the moment but it may develop as I go on, remember, I just started playing the game the other day and am a slow reader and completionist hehe, I haven’t done much to be honest hehe :)

Anyway, the basic idea for the Grainne thing is that after clearing out the forest, you come and tell the dryads about the hornets and whatever being taken care of (I’d say waiting for an hour with each of them to simulate this) and before you go, Grainne stops you and thanks you (just thank you, get your mind out of the gutter hehe) and asks if you would come back and tell her tails of your adventures (waiting about 15 to 30 minutes to simulate this). After this, every time you clear an area, you go back to her and tell her about it (two hours waiting is say). Once you do this three times, after you go back to the tavern, you sneak off in the night (dismissing your companions and heading there alone at night) and meet her at her grove. You tell her that you came to just talk with her because you like her and sit and watch the stars (wait an hour) before she initiates sex (being eating her out, I’m a girl (both irl and in game hehe :))) Afterwards, you lay there for a while cuddling (a half hour waiting) before you need to be head back or your companions will notice you were gone. You head back to the tavern and go to sleep until you wake up. Afterwards, whenever you clear an area, you tell your companions to stay at the tavern (dismiss them) and that you’ll tell her. For the next three areas you clear and come back to her, you go on small dates in the forest (1 hour waiting for the first one, 2 hours waiting for the second, 3 hours waiting for the third) before having sex (eating her out) and cuddling (30 minute wait). After the fourth area clear, you go on a long date (5 hour wait) and then do something she’s been wanting to do with you since she met you, but since you don’t have a dick, you can’t. You take a potion that gives you a dick and seed her (take a dick growing potion thing and then... seed her, very self explanatory hehe :) (I think that is the proper term, seeding her, I’m sorry if it isn’t)) before reversing it and cuddling for a long time (two hour wait). I’m sorry for not having more, but that is going to take me a very long time to do, I’m a super slow reader hehe :) I’m not sure why I shared that, but if anyone else wants to have a romantic path with her, that’s my “role-playing” way and I how I plan to simulate it, so yea, *shrug*.

I’ve been writing for a very long time, so I’ll just cut to the chase with my Cait thing. Basically, after a big battle (possibly killing or confronting or whatever the tutorial boss guy that gave the staff thing) you go to the inn and talk with her for a long while (three hours wait maybe) as you share stories, laughs, and finally tears. You both go to bed, holding each other comfortingly (dismiss other companions and go to sleep) and share a bed holding each other. You wake up to Cait licking your vagina, trying to pay for helping her last night (I’m assuming that’s a sex option for her, I didn’t look) but you stop her once you orgasm. You have a long talk (2 hour wait maybe) about her religion, her life growing up, and other stuff, telling her that she’s your friend and she doesn’t need to repay you for anything and that you care for her. That’s the start of it but I haven’t given it as much thought, I’m sorry so that’s all I have for her relationship “role-playing” path :(

Thank you all once again for your help earlier, I really appreciate it :)

Also, just saw the whole bipedal comment about companions. While I don’t necessarily understand, I kind of get it and have two reasons, one being that you could actually ride them around in theory, and two being that they wouldn’t fit in the tavern. That’s a great simplification, but my fingies hurt :(

Reactions: Magenta Needle

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I don't think anyone was hating on your for your earlier post, just pointing out why Cait isn't going to stop having sex with people who aren't you and why Grainne isn't gonna be a companion. Questions like 'Will X be a companion' are a semi-regular thing around here, so the responses can sometimes be a bit perfunctory but the responses barely move the needle on the saltiness meter. So yeah, I wouldn't get all worried about it.

Also, just saw the whole bipedal comment about companions. While I don’t necessarily understand, I kind of get it and have two reasons, one being that you could actually ride them around in theory, and two being that they wouldn’t fit in the tavern.
It's mainly for the benefit of the writers. Making it so the Champion is always bipedal means that writers don't have to account for naga/taur-type bodies (like they do in TiTS) which makes things much easier to keep track of and write for. It also encourages everything that is in the game to be supported more, by cutting other things out or trimming them down compared to TiTS. Enforcing the same rules for companions follows the logic, as the various 'generic' scenes where the game slots in whoever is in your party can assume everyone has the same basic body type.

Magenta Needle

Feb 23, 2021
France
To be honest, my post looks way angrier than it really was.
You have the right to enjoy the game how you want, I don't think there is a "right way" to enjoy it.

I already mentioned in a TiTS thread that we need a "frequently asked questions" kind of threads to explain how hard it can be to add content and a really old CoC2 thread (pls don't necro it) said most of us don't understand how the game runs.

I assume (correct me if I'm really wrong) most of us haven't ever coded a JavaScript at least once, and even though I have a lot of Python, Scilab and Tex skills, I don't think I 'm able to add a scene without making a load of dumb errors in the code.

Hope you will enjoy the game a lot, now let's see how Jael'lyn uses her "greatsword" :D.