FoE Wiki

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
I recently came back to FoE. I looked on the smutosaur wiki at some point, and I found that it was lacking the information that I needed. I kept playing, and I continued to run into this issue. I decided to go ahead and start adding information as I played. Now, I try to add information everyday to a bunch of pages. I have tweaked pages to be consistent in style, so it looks more professional than everyone doing them differently. I don't know how others (would) feel about this, but I hope that it isn't a problem. I started with the weapons, and now I'm working on ingredients. I did tweak a bunch of pages outside of those two groupings though (like adding the FoE style to the pages, so they aren't just plain white pages). I figured that I'd create an account here and say something about it before I keep working on the wiki, because I don't want to do a lot and end up having made people angry over and changes.

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Thanks for actually working on the wiki. It really does need an update.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
Most of the pages were just created and had no information in them. The pages that did have information didn't have a consistent style to them. You could tell that different people had created them. Hopefully, putting more content on the wiki will draw in more players. I really do love the game. :)

Stuffwar

Feb 11, 2016
I'm updating the stats page now. I saw some outdated stuff. Strength increases HP even though it's not mentioned on the wiki.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
I didn't even know that Caprinium existed. How do you learn how to make it? Rosalin doesn't teach it.

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
I didn't even know that Caprinium existed. How do you learn how to make it? Rosalin doesn't teach it.

Currently, I don't think the recipe for that potion has been added to her list. The same could be say for other potions.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
I know that Anusol was added, because it gives you some special conversation to learn it. I'll go ahead and keep Caprinium listed on the pages for its ingredients since it does have its own page. Hopefully, it will be added to Rosalin soon.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
There are two Crossroads pages. I just updated the "Crossroads (FoE)" page before noticing that there's a "Crossroads" page. I'm not sure what to do concerning the fact that there are two of them. I would imagine that the best approach would be to merge the information onto the (FoE) page because you never know if there will be a "Crossroads" in any future games that get put on the wiki.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
Are M.Feeler and M.Wing even in the game anymore? They're listed on the wiki, as ingredients, but I don't have them in-game. Also, M.Fluff and M.Dust were on me in-game, and they are ingredients for the Moth TF. Did Dust and Fluff replace Feeler and Wing at some point?

The Observer

Scientist
FoE Mod
Aug 27, 2015
Are M.Feeler and M.Wing even in the game anymore? They're listed on the wiki, as ingredients, but I don't have them in-game. Also, M.Fluff and M.Dust were on me in-game, and they are ingredients for the Moth TF. Did Dust and Fluff replace Feeler and Wing at some point?

Feeler and wing were replaced by fluff and dust because Alder believed it was too morbid.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
Fair enough

Feeler and wing were replaced by fluff and dust because Alder believed it was too morbid.

Fair enough. Was Wolf Pelt replaced by Wolfsbane?

Also, that means that Feeler and Wing need to be removed from the wiki...I'm not sure how to get that taken care of.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
I think that I found that Wolfsbane did replace Wolf Pelt.

Anyways, is there an actual reward for doing "The Nomads" quest? I started doing pages for quests, and it made me check. I did it and didn't see any indication of a reward, so I did it again in debug mode; yet I didn't see anything about a reward again.

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
Anyways, is there an actual reward for doing "The Nomads" quest? I started doing pages for quests, and it made me check. I did it and didn't see any indication of a reward, so I did it again in debug mode; yet I didn't see anything about a reward again.

I don't think there is a  reward per se  it is more of a tutorial section that unlocks Rosalin's Quest.

As an aside Kudos to you for tackling the wiki [I gave it a go around Xmass but gave up as I didn't have the skills]

I would suggest that Hills could be listed as Hills/Highland as they are referred to interchangeably and those new to the have been known to get confused

Quiet Browser

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
You are doing a great thing for this game, Shaunqb, and you have my support. I just wish there was some kind of activity list function for the FoE wiki so people could tell what changes have actually been made since their last visit - you can check individual pages, but not the wiki as a whole, which is grating and inconvenient.

::Edit::

It turns out I wasn't looking hard enough! Using the Tools > Related Changes project from either the Fall of Eden page or, better still, the Category: Fall of Eden page gives a fairly extensive history list. It's no perfect, as it depends on editors remembering to add [[Category: Fall of Eden]] to all the pages, but still, it's very useful for seeing what's been tweaked without individually going through the entire wiki page by page.

Last edited by a moderator:

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
I would suggest that Hills could be listed as Hills/Highland as they are referred to interchangeably and those new to the have been known to get confused

I listed it as Hills because that's what the button says when you're at the Crossroads. I can change it to Hills/Highlands though.

It turns out I wasn't looking hard enough! Using the Tools > Related Changes project from either the Fall of Eden page or, better still, the Category: Fall of Eden page gives a fairly extensive history list. It's no perfect, as it depends on editors remembering to add [[Category: Fall of Eden]] to all the pages, but still, it's very useful for seeing what's been tweaked without individually going through the entire wiki page by page.

I'll go ahead and start adding that category to each page since it offers that function then. I thought that it would be fine if the pages at least had some FoE category (like Category: Locations (FoE)).

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
I was adding something to this wiki and I was wondering what kind of skill would Fade fall under?

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
I listed it as Hills because that's what the button says when you're at the Crossroads. I can change it to Hills/Highlands though.

Just when Asche talks about them she refers to them as the highlands and people have previously asked where they are.

Gwendy is located on the Farm randomly

Just a heads up that farm link takes you to whitney's farm and I don't know how to fix it

Quiet Browser

Scientist
Creator
Aug 27, 2015
I think the article for the FoE farm is currently listed as "Gwendy's Farm", so [[Gwendy's Farm|Farm]] will make the right link. Otherwise, if it doesn't exist, you'll have to put the code as [[Farm (FoE)]] and write the page for it.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
If you scroll down to Locations on the main FoE page, it shows Gwendy's Farm. I went ahead and changed her Location on her page. I hadn't done anything to Gwendy's page besides reformatting it.

I'm going to make [[Crossroads(FoE)|Crossroads]] the page for the Crossroads since I don't like simply using [[Crossroads]]. I'm going to consolidate the information onto that page, reformat it, and add additional information. However, I'll go ahead and do that Highlands/Hills thing first.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
I went ahead and updated a lot of pages tonight. The changelog on the Fall of Eden page keeps track of it. I'm making sure to add [[Category: Fall of Eden]] to every page, so all changes can be tracked on the wiki's main page.

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
I went ahead and updated a lot of pages tonight. The changelog on the Fall of Eden page keeps track of it. I'm making sure to add [[Category: Fall of Eden]] to every page, so all changes can be tracked on the wiki's main page.

Impressive. I've adding missing information to a couple of pages like the King's Road or adding in a skill that was never put in like Fade.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
I've just been updating pages for things that I'm actually interacting with in the game right now. That's why some of those are still lacking information. I'm going to be out of town tomorrow, so there won't be any updates Wednesday (at least from me). I'm going to try to do a good amount tonight. If there's anything that someone thinks needs attention, feel free to let me know here. I got the Crossroads and Nomads updated last night, so people who are new to the game should have a better experience with the wiki.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
I've decided to take a different apporach to showing how to get to NPCs/Locations.

How I did Rigard's Location:

'''How To Get Here'''
*[[Crossroads(FoE)|Crossroads]]
**'''Rigard'''

'''Connects To'''
*[[Crossroads(FoE)|Crossroads]]
*'''Rigard''' (Inside the city)
*[[Rigard Slums|Slums]]
*[[The_King's_Road|King's Road]]

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
I worked on the wiki for the past four hours. I added new categories (like [[Category: The Forest (FoE)]] and [[Category: The Hills (FoE)]]), made it easier find NPCs in-game by giving more detailed descriptions of how to find them, and I created a new page for Fera ([[Fera.]] used to be the page before, but it's now [[Fera (FoE)]]). I might finish taking a look at the last of the NPCs (that are linked to the list on the main FoE page) after I finish eating some ice cream (Super Chunky Cookie Dough :) ).

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
I've been going through the enemy pages and adding any sex options that were never put in. Also, I'm adding the ingredients to their respective enemy drops. Will probably tackle alchemy a little later.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
Well, I had a much longer detour from doing the wiki than I predicted. I'll be able to start really working on it again tomorrow night (after I work a 12-hour shift).

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
The quest, Seeking Favor, now has a page with a complete walkthrough. I went ahead and removed the walkthrough from Lord Krawitz's page since it was redundant to have it in two locations. There is a more complete breakdown on Humiliate Lord Krawitz, but I didn't touch the page (since it seems that someone put a LOT of effort into the page). I went ahead and took some of its information for the quest's walkthrough, and I added a link to the page on the Seeking Favor page. I added a new category called [[Category: Quest Reward (FoE)]]. We now have three quests with their own pages. I think I still need to do some links to the Seeking Favor quest on some NPC's pages.

Who should be labeled as giving the quest: Seeking Favor? You get started on it by spotting the twins, but you have to go talk to Lei in order to really do the quest itself. However, the twins do give you the task of humiliating Krawitz. Anyways, it would be nice if I could have some assistance in deciding the quest giver, or if it doesn't have one.

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
The quest, Seeking Favor, now has a page with a complete walkthrough. I went ahead and removed the walkthrough from Lord Krawitz's page since it was redundant to have it in two locations. There is a more complete breakdown on Humiliate Lord Krawitz, but I didn't touch the page (since it seems that someone put a LOT of effort into the page). I went ahead and took some of its information for the quest's walkthrough, and I added a link to the page on the Seeking Favor page. I added a new category called [[Category: Quest Reward (FoE)]]. We now have three quests with their own pages. I think I still need to do some links to the Seeking Favor quest on some NPC's pages.

Who should be labeled as giving the quest: Seeking Favor? You get started on it by spotting the twins, but you have to go talk to Lei in order to really do the quest itself. However, the twins do give you the task of humiliating Krawitz. Anyways, it would be nice if I could have some assistance in deciding the quest giver, or if it doesn't have one.

Wait, did the create the page or was it already created and you added more stuff to it? Because I know I created pages for Shifting the Blame, A Guilty Conscience, Breeding Bunnies, and Search for the Scepter.

shaunqb

Mar 23, 2016
Wait, did the create the page or was it already created and you added more stuff to it? Because I know I created pages for Shifting the Blame, A Guilty Conscience, Breeding Bunnies, and Search for the Scepter.

Well, Seeking Favor involves the Humiliate Lord Krawitz page, but that isn't the name of the quest. I've created pages for three quests now: Mixin' It Up!, The Nomads, and Seeking Favor.

I always search the wiki before making a page to make sure that one doesn't exist. I even search for pages containing my searched word(s) to see if the information is on pages that aren't specifically for it (like Lord Krawitz had a guide to humiliating him).

I keep adding the quest pages that I do to the main page's list of quests. I'll go and check your pages, reformat/add categories if needed, and then link them to the main page too.

I'm adding (FoE) to the names of the pages that I create from now on because I never know what other people will have planned for their games. I don't want to cause confusion for players using the wiki (like K.Sword_(FoE) but I have the actual page's title just say Krawitz Sword).